shape
carat
color
clarity

White sapphire engagement ring!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mirre

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for posting this. I had no idea about White Sapphires. I went to look at engagement rings the other day and fell in love with an oval w/half moon side stones that would be WAY out of our price range if diamonds were used and although I will want diamonds in my ering that setting that I adored would look just lovely as a RHR with white sapphires!!
30.gif
There''s hope!

Congratulations on picking something she loves and on your engagement!
36.gif

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Good work! Lovely ring!

cookiemonster

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone!! I''m baccccckkkkkkk ... okay I know all (most? some?) of you were waiting for handshots, so here they are ...

ws5a.jpg

incmisirlou

Rough_Rock
i have been checking this topic all week for handshots! its gorgeous cookiemonster. its got me considering a whit sapphire of my own. congrats!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is such a pretty ring, CM!!!

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is lovely! It looks huge on her finger!

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
I absolutely love this ring! Gorgeous!
30.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s beautiful!

njrower

Rough_Rock
Cookie, where did you get the actual ring made? Was that from Natural Sapphires as well? I love the ring and am looking for something similiar for my little lady. Again, love the ring and I appreciate any help. Congrats!

gtn

Brilliant_Rock
My friend had a similar problem. She ended up doing a wedding and reception in CA where she is from and then they will have a smaller reception for his family. It keeps the cost down form them and both families can celebrate.

ktdid

Shiny_Rock
That is *gorgeous*! She is going to love it
1.gif

sbuffaloe

Rough_Rock
I am totally new to this board, but I am loving it and learning so many things!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE sapphires, always have, but I had honestly never considered a white one. That being said and seeing this Gorgeous ring, I am now seriously considering white sapphire studs as opposed to much more costly diamonds. I have a 1/2 carat pair of diamond studs but have been wishing to upgrade them for a couple of years. Help me, please. I searched the natural sapphire website, they have these earrings posted there. What do you guys think of these as far as the quality, etc? Thanks so much for your help.

BTW, that ring is absolutely beautiful and your lady is one lucky duck!!

http://www.thenaturalsapphirecompany.com/Sapphires/Jewelry/Earrings/Jewelry=J1002

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
this is one beautirful e-ring! the cut and quality of this white sapphire are exquisite. congratulations!

movie zombie

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
My god, how did I miss the posting of the handshots!!
30.gif

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
A very impressive ring!! Your sapphire is beautiful! Congratulations to you both.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks beautiful on her hand...congratulations on your engagement!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh My Goodness, it is just perfect on her hand! Thank you for posting hand pics and congratulations on your engagement!

INdmbLove

Shiny_Rock
This ring is wonderful! I forwarded the link to this to my FF for a little inspiration----thank you for sharing- I do not know why I had not considered this option before~

Beautiful Beautiful Beautiful

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Amazingly beautiful!! Thanks for the handshots!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

njrower

Rough_Rock
I found a saphhire on their site which closely matches the one cookie bought, but is a 3.5 carat vs. a 1.5 carat.

Here it is:

http://www.thenaturalsapphirecompany.com/Sapphires/White/Radiant/stoneid=U2201

I need some ladies opinions here: Is this going to be WAY big. My lady has hands similiar to cookies above. Any help will be appreciated.

I also found an ice one......

http://www.thenaturalsapphirecompany.com/Sapphires/Ice/Radiant/stoneid=U2225

I thought that one was interesting as well and a little different. Any thoughts on this one?

Thanks for any help here!!!!!

ilynne

Rough_Rock
Cookie, that ring is so beautiful that I have haunted The Natural Sapphire Company''s website ever since I saw it. I have been looking at Asscher (ok, square EC) cut diamonds for my anniversary solitaire. But I have found a few light, icy blue and white stones on their site that I actually prefer. Alas, every single stone that I LOVE is "out on memo." But I am going to keep lurking there.

cookiemonster

Rough_Rock
Wow ... I just checked this thread again and I didn't know it was still active - so, sorry for the late reply everyone!
28.gif

njrower: The sapphire was from NSC and the band was made at Robbin's Brothers (SKU # 0783463) ... Also, multiply a sapphire's carat weight by 0.875 and you'll have the equivalent diamond carat physical size ... (3.5 ct sapphire = physical size of a 3 ct diamond)

sbuffaloe: The earrings look gorgeous! The NSC certificate looks good too - the rated quality matches the sapphire I bought. If I could afford the earrings, I'd buy it for my fiance myself!
2.gif

And thanks to everyone else for your wishes, my fiance and I appreciate them!!!!!!!

sangretoro

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/6/2007 12:33:06 PM
Author: cookiemonster
Thanks all!!
9.gif

I think that anyone who is interested in getting a perfect stone (mine''s D-equivalent color, FL/IF-equivalent clarity, ideal cut, and >1.5ct to boot!) on a tight budget should definitely look into a white sapphire. It''s definitely icy hot in my eyes!

Hi, Cookiemonster. How do you know the diamond equivalents? Is that just your expertise, or can I make a special request to NSC for a sapphire with certain qualities?

Beautiful ring, btw.

I found this site b/c I was looking for a white sapphire ring myself!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bet you get ALOT of compliments wearing it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results