shape
carat
color
clarity

White sapphire engagement ring!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
Wow..... that is white HOT white! Fantastic!

Thank you for opening my eyes to the possibility of a white sapphire ER. I love diamonds, but right now a big, fat good one seems lightyears away, practically speaking.

That ring is beautiful.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, beautiful Sapphire!

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
i agree with the others. it is lovely. may i ask if it has the look of a diamond since it is white and sparklie or if it is something altogether different. i have seen some white sapphires in men''s rings many years ago but they may have been synthetic. i have not seen a lovely ring such as yours in person. best wishes on the engagement!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
how unique!! it''s so pretty, good luck with the proposal! i''m also interested in knowing what it looks like in real life. is it diamond-y?
10.gif

cookiemonster

Rough_Rock
Thanks all!!
9.gif

I think that anyone who is interested in getting a perfect stone (mine's D-equivalent color, FL/IF-equivalent clarity, ideal cut, and >1.5ct to boot!) on a tight budget should definitely look into a white sapphire. It's definitely icy hot in my eyes!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is absolutely beautiful and so icy white. I love it!!!!! Truly gorgeous.

Linda

cookiemonster

Rough_Rock
crown1 & sunnyd: It definitely has the look and bright sparkle of a diamond. I looked at alot of white sapphires, and, in my opinion, anything less than a perfect (D-color, FL/IF clarity, ideal cut), 100% natural white sapphire was not acceptable to me. At this level, it definitely stands wayyyy far out from lesser sapphires. Any hint of inclusions, cloudiness, etc. in a lesser sapphire seems to magnify the defect across the whole stone, unlike a diamond ... (I hope I'm explaining it correctly
33.gif
)

Synthetic sapphires looked lifeless to me, IMO.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
sounds awesome! thanks for the update!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I adore this ring - she will love it!!!

I''ve been a white sapphire fan for a while now. The melee around my alexandrite pendant is white sapphire, as is my square baguette eternity band! White sapphires are a fantastic diamond alternative, and I''m sure she''ll love it!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
WOW.
30.gif

When I saw white sapphire, I immediately thought round brilliant. How wrong could I be?

Your ring is fantabulous! What an excellent cut? What a super sparkler?

Thank you for posting such a beautiful e-ring.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!! That is a gorgeous ring and stone, I absolutely love it! Congratulations on owning such a lovely piece!

louisvgirl

Shiny_Rock
That is a lovely ring. Sooooo icy white.
Congrats on your upcoming engagement.
I''m sure she''ll love it.

cookiemonster

Rough_Rock
Lauren: Me and my gf loves sapphires & rubies - it has a greater spiritual meaning to us than diamonds. She and I have already talked about marriage & I'm thinking about a wedding band with a white sapphire embedded in it too! (For us, it's the other way around - diamonds are white sapphire alternatives!!
25.gif
)

Steel: If I may ask, why did you immediately think round brilliant? *curious*

And thanks to everyone else for your congrats & comments!!!
35.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s REALLY beautiful. Wow. Congrats!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/7/2007 1:47:07 PM
Author: cookiemonster
Lauren: Me and my gf loves sapphires & rubies - it has a greater spiritual meaning to us than diamonds. She and I have already talked about marriage & I''m thinking about a wedding band with a white sapphire embedded in it too! (For us, it''s the other way around - diamonds are white sapphire alternatives!!
25.gif
)

Steel: If I may ask, why did you immediately think round brilliant? *curious*

And thanks to everyone else for your congrats & comments!!!
35.gif

Honestly,

I don''t know.
33.gif

Perhaps it was the pics on the natural sapphire co of their solitaires? I am sorry to say I was expecting something basic.

Boy oh boy I was wrong. Your sapphire is fantastic. And the cut is phenomenal. I hope my judging view didn''t cause offence
(It is a personality trait of mine).

I admitted in my post that I expected round brilliant only to show my amazement that your cut is as beautiful as it is and to recognise your ring for the unique dazzler that it is.

cookiemonster

Rough_Rock
Steel: No offense taken whatsoever
2.gif
.. I was just curious! :)

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So is tomorrow the big day??? How exciting!

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/6/2007 9:51:54 AM
Author: cookiemonster

MoonWater: It''s radiant cut, but shaped almost perfectly square like a princess .. & it cost ~$500 per carat, so it was surprisingly affordable. (Also, w/me and the girlfriend not really caring for diamonds, that helped the decision!)

Thanks for the info! I am definitely getting white sapphires for studs now. I love the look of your ring!!

ulualoha

Shiny_Rock
Hi Cookiemonster!

I just stumbled on your posting. What a gorgeous ring! I just bought a sapphire (yellow) from the Natural Sapphire Company too! They were wonderful to deal with! Congrats to you! She will love that ring- it''s breathtaking and stunning!

Many hugs,
ulualoha
36.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow!! It''s beautiful! I''ve just looked at that site and they have some beautiful sapphires! Congratulations on such a great ring!

waterlilly

Brilliant_Rock
any hand shots of this beauty??

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it! What a beauty!
30.gif

I''ve always wanted to see a white sapphire engagement ring. Thank you for unknowingly fulfilling that desire.
9.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
That sapphire is gorgeous!
Nicely done!
36.gif

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
OOOO pretty! Congrats on a beautiful piece!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous!! Love the setting.

~*Snow*~

Shiny_Rock
CookieMonster
Where oh where did you find that white sapphire?!?!
We have been looking for one since the summer! We have been working very closely with a very high end B&M store here, and they have been getting stones in from Hong Kong, NYC all over, and once they do the dust testing it always shows up as synthetic!! However we have been getting in Emerald cuts, but can''t find them anywhere!!! PLEASE Send us your contact if you would please!!!

Thanks!!!!

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! I never even knew they had white sapphire''s! I learn something new everyday here on Pricescope!
21.gif

It''s beautiful! Can''t wait to see those handshots!

cookiemonster

Rough_Rock
Diamond*Dana: Well, it happened two days later than I expected ;-) but it turned out really well! She cried and thought it was gorgeous! So did everyone else that has seen it so far (well, not really the crying part)!! Nobody has a clue that "it's not a diamond", and the few people that we've told were very surprised to learn that it was a sapphire!

MoonWater: Let's see your white sapphire studs when you get them!
36.gif

ulualoha & bee: Thank you!! NSC is a class act, and they definitely deliver the goods ... oh, and my newly minted fiance does love the ring, and she can't stop staring at it
25.gif

waterlilly & Angel7: Thanks! & I'm planning to take some nice hand shots today or tomorrow, when I get my photographic equipment all set up; I'll post back here .. so stay tuned!!

zoebartlett: It is a beauty! If you every get one, share it with the rest of us
2.gif

coatimundi, Anna, KimberlyH: Thanks!! :) We're partial to it ourselves .. and knowing it's "not just your common diamond" makes it unique and special for us & stands out from the crowd of what seems to be the not-so-rare diamonds everyone has out there
25.gif

Snow: I ordered the sapphire from the Natural Sapphire Company http://www.thenaturalsapphirecompany.com/ ... wish I could send you a private text/email but I can't from this board I guess! They have a couple of beautiful emerald cuts on their website. You can also email them for special requests if you don't find exactly what you want on their site (they have more in stock then advertised online); they'll usually get back to you within a day and post a special link to a stone you might like! Let me know how it turns out!!

~*Snow*~

Shiny_Rock
CookieMonster

Thanks! I browse that site all the time and never thought to e-mail them to see if they had anything else in stock.
I have never ever seen a EC White sapphire onthere though
7.gif
we are just about to give up our search. So i think this is going to be our last attempt before we (I) pick another cut to go with... we''ll see

Snow

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results