shape
carat
color
clarity

White Sapphire E-Ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tweak89

Rough_Rock
After searching for suitable diamond alternatives, a random google search brought up a post here with some one showing off their beautiful white sapphire engagement ring. Wasn't too thrilled with cz's, mois and others and wanted a genuine stone and after seeing that post it was decided. Browsing this forum was quite helpful!

It's a 1.04ct White Sapphire. The setting has .44tcw in diamonds.

White Sapphire.jpg

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful!

musincy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/26/2008 11:51:15 AM
Author:tweak89
After searching for suitable diamond alternatives, a random google search brought up a post here with some one showing off their beautiful white sapphire engagement ring. Wasn''t too thrilled with cz''s, mois and others and wanted a genuine stone and after seeing that post it was decided. Browsing this forum was quite helpful!

It''s a 1.04ct White Sapphire. The setting has .44tcw in diamonds.
Beautiful! What a great idea.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks beautiful, congrats!!!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! Congrats on your new ring!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m really curious about white sapphires, do you have any other photos? It''s pretty.

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, that is a real stunner!
face23.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! Lovely colorless sapphire!

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty. I would love to see more pictures also
36.gif
36.gif

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Oh, it''s GORGEOUS!! Please post more pics!!

tweak89

Rough_Rock
Here''s a shot from farther back. Took the pics outside since it was tough to get a well lit pic inside.

Ring Far.jpg

tweak89

Rough_Rock
Here is the stone. I found a couple of great suppliers online. They were very helpful and I learned a lot about these stones (of which I previously had absolutely no knowledge). I was thrilled when I got it. I didn't really know what to expect. It was graded as IF-VVS2 with a clarity of D (on the Type 2 gems scale). This pic doesn't do it justice, but I took it inside without flash. The setting was also purchases online, from a separate store. I had a local jeweler do the mounting.

The Stone.jpg

i_heart_cushions

Shiny_Rock
That is a beatiful ring! and the stone sounds amazing.

I never would have thought about a diamond alternative.... is there a major cost savings in going this route? Just curious...

Thanks for sharing!

tweak89

Rough_Rock
There is HUGE cost savings. With the budget I had set, I would have had to settle for a much smaller diamond or gone with an enhanced diamond to get the equivalent quality gem. Even compared to the cost of an enhanced stone it is much easier on the budget. This grades out to an E-F color, VVS1-VS1, ideal cut diamond.

Great thing is, my soon to be fiance''s favorite gems? Sapphires and diamonds. So I think she will be happy!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/26/2008 2:18:27 PM
Author: i_heart_cushions

I never would have thought about a diamond alternative.... is there a major cost savings in going this route? Just curious...

Thanks for sharing!

Just so you know...they do have a markedly different appearance than a diamond. Still beautiful, but white light return instead of fire. So only go this route if you will be happy having a sapphire, not with the intent of getting something to pass off as a diamond.

aggiebling09

Shiny_Rock
gorgeous ring!! Is this a surprise for her? or is she expecting an e-ring soon? Best of luck proposing
10.gif

tweak89

Rough_Rock
I think a little from column A and a little from column B. We discussed marriage in general and feel that it's something we both want. It's almost one of those movie type stories. Went to high school together, graduated and did our own things, then an e-mail out of the blue some 20 years later...next thing you know... Of course it's been tricky finding out what she did/did not want in a ring. But I found ways to "talk" about it without being specific.

She would have been fine with a simple CZ (she is not a big ring or jewelery in general wearer), but I wanted to get her something different.

neatfreak does have a point as far as it's look it is different than a natural diamond. It is, afterall, an entirely different gem. Like I said earlier. after looking at diamond substitutes (the cz'z, mois etc) I found that, while they looked good to great at times, it just wasn't what I was looking for. The more I learned about these sapphires, them more I liked them.

And just to clarify, I am certainly not going to try and pass it off as a diamond. Everyone that knows about the ring, knows the route I went and have been quite impressed with the result.

Anyway, if I can hold off, I will be asking her in Vegas in two weeks. I'm going to talk to her parents next week and ask for their blessing.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Tweak, congrats on your upcoming engagement! She is going to love her beautiful ring - and kudos to you for doing so much research into a ring/stone that you know she''ll love :)

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/26/2008 3:27:39 PM
Author: tweak89
I think a little from column A and a little from column B. We discussed marriage in general and feel that it's something we both want. It's almost one of those movie type stories. Went to high school together, graduated and did our own things, then an e-mail out of the blue some 20 years later...next thing you know... Of course it's been tricky finding out what she did/did not want in a ring. But I found ways to 'talk' about it without being specific.

She would have been fine with a simple CZ (she is not a big ring or jewelery in general wearer), but I wanted to get her something different.

neatfreak does have a point as far as it's look it is different than a natural diamond. It is, afterall, an entirely different gem. Like I said earlier. after looking at diamond substitutes (the cz'z, mois etc) I found that, while they looked good to great at times, it just wasn't what I was looking for. The more I learned about these sapphires, them more I liked them.

And just to clarify, I am certainly not going to try and pass it off as a diamond. Everyone that knows about the ring, knows the route I went and have been quite impressed with the result.

Anyway, if I can hold off, I will be asking her in Vegas in two weeks. I'm going to talk to her parents next week and ask for their blessing.

Congrats tweak!!! I just wanted to make sure you knew that I certainly didn't mean to imply that *you* were going to pass it off, you were quite clear and happy it's a sapphire (and beautiful one at that!). I just wanted to let the other poster know that it's a different stone and not a diamond "replica" like unmentionable other stones.

Good luck holding off! My hubby was able to hold off for about an hour after he had my ring in his possession!
2.gif

tweak89

Rough_Rock
It's really tough! I e-mailed pics of the ring to everyone that is in on it. I'll get to show it off at work on Monday, I think that will settle me down enough to wait!
30.gif

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
That is a beautiful set. The first picture gves the stones a faint blur tinge...I was surprised to see it was a colourless stone. I wasn''t aware that sapphires could be colourless. I knew they ranged in colurs but that is a new discovery for me.

I think she will love the set. I would wear that with pride!

GOOD LUCK!
30.gif

i_heart_cushions

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/26/2008 2:54:58 PM
Author: neatfreak

Date: 10/26/2008 2:18:27 PM
Author: i_heart_cushions

Thanks for sharing!

Just so you know...they do have a markedly different appearance than a diamond. Still beautiful, but white light return instead of fire. So only go this route if you will be happy having a sapphire, not with the intent of getting something to pass off as a diamond.
Thanks Neatfreak for enlightening me and letting me know! The idea is very interesting..I had just never heard of anybody doing that before!

Tweak 89 - Good luck with your Vegas proposal!!!!! She''s going to love your ring!

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
So...now she has said yes, do we get handshots???

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! How is the durability?

i am so excited for you and your upcoming proposal.
Lucky lady to have such a thoughtful person in her life.
very pretty ring btw

newsboysgrl777

Shiny_Rock
I, too, would love to know how the proposal went (if you''ve done it already)...and if you have, would LOVE to see photos of her wearing it (hand shots) and also hear about her reaction!! :)

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring, she will love it!!!!!!!!!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s very pretty. Good luck on the proposal!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Good luck with your proposal! The ring is lovely--please come back with hand shots!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results