shape
carat
color
clarity

White Flash Settings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

the other Jake

Shiny_Rock
Did anyone have a photo of a ring that they loved sent to white flash to have them custom design a ring? How did it turn out? So far my experience has been amazing, but I haven''t seen the final product. I wanted to hear what others experiences were...

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
I did. I drew a picture (and not a very good one, I am no artist) that incorporated a few settings I liked. They created the ring for me and I love it. It took some time, as the CADs were not right in the beginning, but the finished product is just as I had envisioned it. And the quality is amazing.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
The CADs tend to look a little thicker and less refined than the ring will actually be. That is a simple setting and I am sure the finished product will be just as nice as the original. Post pictures please. Even just of the CADS. I love to see the process of a beautiful ring being made.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
I think it will look great. You can see it doesn''t look nearly as delicate as the picture but that just seems to be the way CADs turn out. Telll us about the center diamond. Is it from WF?

the other Jake

Shiny_Rock
yea the diamond is an ACA 1.15 I color SI1

the other Jake 1.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That stone is gorgeous. And love your design for the ring, it will be a stunner for sure!!!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
I think that looks like a lovely setting. I couldn't enlarge the Diamonds on the Web side view picture to see the bottom of the channel. The CAD shows the bottom of the channel as straight across, which is fine if that is the look you wanted. I prefer when the bottom of the channel is rounded or tapered like a V or U (more like at the top of the channel) -- I think a tapered bottom looks more graceful with round channel set stones. JMHO.

ETA: I just saw the pics of the center stone you posted and it looks like a stunner.

the other Jake

Shiny_Rock
The bottom is supposed to taper so that the size of the ring is almost the size of the last stone, but I think they said that would be done with the wax.

Silverkae

Rough_Rock
Hi! I just rec''d my ring today and it''s amazing! I was afraid that it wouldn''t look close to what I had requested but it is just gorgeous! Here''s a link that shows my CAD images, wax and then final product. I don''t have acutal hand shots yet because I don''t have a digital camera but I do love my ring!
30.gif

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/im-so-bummed-no-pics-of-ring.53362/

the other Jake

Shiny_Rock
The told me the wax should be done by thursday
1.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awesome budget, don''t think twice. My fi makes about 2-3x what you do and our budget was 4k.

the other Jake

Shiny_Rock
The wax is in. Tell me what modifications you think need to be made.... Here is the design I''m working towards. Any suggestions before I tell them to proceed?

J_Kinney_1116.jpg

the other Jake

Shiny_Rock
If you notice in the diamonds on web photo the ring is slightly raised then the ring tapers in width toward the bottom. My design does not have that element. What effect does this have on the appearance of the ring? I want it to look rounded and "shiek"(sp?)... Is it a problem to have them go back and redesign the CAD then recast the wax. I think that is what they would end up doing.

ETA: The Ring is in... you can see it pictured in Show me the ring found here

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results