shape
carat
color
clarity

White diamond or Pink diamond band???

Rose-E

Shiny_Rock
HI everyone,
You' all have such wonderful taste, I would love some opinions on these two bands. I love traditional AND quirky..but I can't decide on which I would want more, especially as I get older. I had chosen the white diamond shared prong half eternity band already to go with my solitaire in matching platinum. It's very classic, traditional and will last the test of time. But I also feel like a lot of people have this set.
I tried on a rose gold ring and loved that too. I have a rolling ring and I love the play on the colors of the golds. Now my imagination is going wild and was thinking about going with having a shared prong in rose gold and pink diamonds made. In order to figure out what it would look like, my Fiance did a quick (he really wanted me to emphasize that it a very quick job and was not his best work) photoshop to show what the two would look like side by side.
I know that ultimately, it's up to me, but I thought I would share and get some opinions. THANKS in advance.
I hope this attaching thing works.

tiffany.png

Ladybug1

Shiny_Rock
I like the pink a lot but maybe not for everyday, can you get them both? Lol :). Can't wait to see what you decide to get!

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
I like them both, but if you're not certain about the pink diamonds then I worry that you may not find the pink diamonds as timeless...you may tire of them over time? Perhaps get a diamond eternity and then a smaller one of pink diamonds that you can wear occasionally.

finecloudy

Rough_Rock
I like them both.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
It depends on how intense the pink color is. Have you priced any?

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
Would you perhaps consider white diamonds in rose gold? You'd get the quirk but in a classic package... :twirl:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I like them both, you can't go wrong either way.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Another option might be to get the diamond band in rose gold as suggested and then, maybe for an anniversary, get a pink sapphire band in rose gold as well. Much less expensive and would give you the same look. Just a thought.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
yennyfire|1313407317|2991104 said:
Another option might be to get the diamond band in rose gold as suggested and then, maybe for an anniversary, get a pink sapphire band in rose gold as well. Much less expensive and would give you the same look. Just a thought.

Great suggestions. I say go with the white diamonds now as your wedding band and then for a big gift down the road(if you are still thinking about the pink) you can get a pink sapphire band or pink diamond band- depending on your budget.

Rose-E

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Ladybug1, Finecloudy and Lknvrb4.

CentralSquare & Amys Bling- I have definitely thought about a white band and a thin pink diamond eternity to go in between as an anniversary gift. That was originally the plan until I found a parcel of pink diamonds from Leibish & Co that were almost the same size as the Tiffany band I was looking at (8.75 pointers each rather than 8 pointers of the Tiffany band) and were reasonably priced.

Swingirl - My fiance used the diamonds we would get from Leibish and pasted them onto the image you see so that would be the intesnisty (according to the pic they sent) Their description is "fancy light pink".

Natsplat - I did look at a rose gold ring with white diamonds and just kept feeling like I wished they were pink, a light pink not a hot pink color.

Yennyfire - Thanks for the idea. I'm no so much into the pink sapphire. I'm just so much more a diamond girl. It just seems more sparkly and special.

Thank you ladies for all the comments. I still have a few months to decide, but it is so fun. My Fiance just told me that for my birthday, he would bring me to the diamond district to check out bands before dinner. Woohoo!!

sweet_pea

Shiny_Rock
hmm, well you can't go wrong either way really. I actually like the pink diamonds because it's different but still classic. If it were me, I'd get the pink diamonds in white gold. Maybe it'll be an easier decision once you get to try them on.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer the white/white combo. I am a matchy-matchy person and the pink would clash too much with my everyday stuff. I would get another pink for special occasions.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Another vote for white/white and a smaller pink band for in between if you want to mix it up.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What colour is the white diamond? If it's lower coloured - J, larger I, and the pinks aren't very strongly coloured I would recommend caution.

I have a pink diamond band. The pinks aren't vivid, but they're clearly *pink* - set in rose gold. It looks absolutely awful next to my 2.7 J: my eyes adjust to the light pink and the pinks become "white", and then by that new colour calibration my off-white centrestone becomes this murky, dingy brownish yellow.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yssie has a good point. I think you need to consider how your ERing stone (color specifically) will look with pink diamonds.

Rose-E

Shiny_Rock
Hmmmm, I have an H colored ering. I don't see any warmth at all unless, of course, I'm in a room with yellow light. The color of the pink stones in the photoshopped pic is the color of the diamonds I was thinking of getting. Do you all think an H is low enough a color for it to be affected? (was that even english?)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rose-E|1313466337|2991693 said:
Hmmmm, I have an H colored ering. I don't see any warmth at all unless, of course, I'm in a room with yellow light. The color of the pink stones in the photoshopped pic is the color of the diamonds I was thinking of getting. Do you all think an H is low enough a color for it to be affected? (was that even english?)

No idea... and pink diamond bands aren't exactly easy to find to try on!

What about getting a couple of fakeys and seeing if the colours work together - how pink are the melee you're considering, and what metal colour do you plan to set them in?
http://www.fantasyjewelrybox.com/r1196.html
http://www.overstock.com/Jewelry-Watches/Goldtone-Round-Pink-Cubic-Zirconia-Eternity-Band/3032768/product.html?cid=123620
http://www.amazon.com/Nickel-Sterling-Silver-Prong-Eternity/dp/B001D8284Y
http://www.amazon.com/Sterling-Silver-Cubic-Zirconia-Eternity/dp/B0041TKUVA

(I have no idea about any of these vendors btw - just did a Google Shopping search :halo: )

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would prefer the white on white...

Rose-E

Shiny_Rock
Yssie- I love those fakeys, especially the Corin one. But the ones I would want (rose gold with pink stones) all seem to start at a 5, I'm more a 4.25. ugh. Maybe I'll try it anyways.

Scorpioanne

Shiny_Rock
I think the white diamond band is timeless and you'd never get tired of it. The pink one is fun. I think you should get the white one for your wedding ring but also get the pink one to stack (maybe an anniversary gift?).

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I vote white. The pink is nice but I might just be more traditional than I thought I was. Will these stones be the same ratio to the center stone in the above mockups? Because I feel like they're too big in relation, and your e-ring gets kind of lost in a blur.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results