Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

While you're on PS....

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Apr 28, 2010
Messages
4,384
What is your SO doing? Kids? Roomate?

Usually when I'm on PS, I'm by myself and SO is at work.

Sometimes I'll be in bed with my laptop and be on PS and SO will glance over my shoulder to catch a glimpse of what it is that intrigues me about PS...."You love that PS!" :bigsmile: yes, yes I do.

For some reason I picture everyone doing different things...certain posters in bed with their laptop like me, others in their office/at their desk....

I always wonder whats going on in the background while PS'ers are on PS.

None of my friends know about PS so I won't even go on it on my friends laptop.

Do your friends know that you are on PS? Your SO?
 

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Apr 23, 2008
Messages
6,059
PS never comes up in conversation with my friends because I'm the only gem freak :tongue: But DH knows about it, and finds it funny that I browse on here so much. (Significantly more than I post nowadays.) I am usually on the couch recliner with my laptop, while DH and I watch a show together (I browse during commercials) or he plays WoW on his desktop right next to me. Rarely am I home alone while online - if I get time home alone, I'm asleep! ::)
 

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Nov 16, 2008
Messages
2,649
Usually at home with my laptop on the couch. However, right now I am at work (Shhh!!!)

DH knows I come here a lot and we joke about it being my "diamond p*rn" site. :lol:
 

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Apr 28, 2010
Messages
4,384
MonkeyPie|1307479119|2940082 said:
PS never comes up in conversation with my friends because I'm the only gem freak :tongue: But DH knows about it, and finds it funny that I browse on here so much. (Significantly more than I post nowadays.) I am usually on the couch recliner with my laptop, while DH and I watch a show together (I browse during commercials) or he plays WoW on his desktop right next to me. Rarely am I home alone while online - if I get time home alone, I'm asleep! ::)

Same! I always feel funny bringing up PS. "So you know how I go on PS, well I saw this amazing dia........" thats always my opening sentence haha. I'm sure he has learned to tune it out now.
 

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Apr 28, 2010
Messages
4,384
Lil Misfit|1307479298|2940083 said:
Usually at home with my laptop on the couch. However, right now I am at work (Shhh!!!)

DH knows I come here a lot and we joke about it being my "diamond p*rn" site. :lol:

Pretty much the perfect way to put it, right?!

I go on at school sometimes and my seat is against the wall so I like to hover over my laptop so nobody can see :bigsmile: I always get paranoid, haha.
 

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Feb 15, 2007
Messages
13,166
I go on PS when I'm home alone or when DH is busy doing something I'm not interested in doing, like yard work. :cheeky:

He knows about PS, and so do some of my friends. I don't talk about it a lot, though.
 

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jul 27, 2007
Messages
6,299
Interesting--I very rarely go on PS at home unless there is a thread I'm following and want to see an update. I browse at work, in fact, it's not rare for me to read/post while in a meeting. People at work must know about it because when they walk by my desk or stop by to ask me something, the site is usually up in the background. For the most part I open it first thing in the morning (check the TTC thread while having my morning tea), check throughout the day, then leave the site when I'm shutting down to go home.
 

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Feb 15, 2007
Messages
13,166
NewEnglandLady|1307479978|2940094 said:
Interesting--I very rarely go on PS at home unless there is a thread I'm following and want to see an update. I browse at work, in fact, it's not rare for me to read/post while in a meeting. People at work must know about it because when they walk by my desk or stop by to ask me something, the site is usually up in the background. For the most part I open it first thing in the morning (check the TTC thread while having my morning tea), check throughout the day, then leave the site when I'm shutting down to go home.
If I had a desk job I'm SURE I'd be on PS at work.
 

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jun 25, 2007
Messages
7,378
NewEnglandLady|1307479978|2940094 said:
Interesting--I very rarely go on PS at home unless there is a thread I'm following and want to see an update. I browse at work, in fact, it's not rare for me to read/post while in a meeting. People at work must know about it because when they walk by my desk or stop by to ask me something, the site is usually up in the background. For the most part I open it first thing in the morning (check the TTC thread while having my morning tea), check throughout the day, then leave the site when I'm shutting down to go home.

This.

And my conversations with SO are similar to above. "hey you know that diamond forum I talk about?"
 

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Dec 16, 2007
Messages
24,364
I do it at my computer at work when I want a break.

At home, sometimes I will pop on while my son plays, our desktop computer is in the play room.

In the evening I usually surf PS while we watch TV.

Yes, I am an addict. In the beginning my husabnd used to wonder what I was up to and occassionally complained about my time on PS. Now he does not care, especailly since we got WiFi and I can post while we are in the same room and he watches TV. He likes to be in the same room as me all the time :rodent: He occassionally asks me what I am writing about, or I will tell him something I read or show him a picture.

My addition to PS is not much different than his addition to sports.
 

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jun 17, 2009
Messages
12,394
My husband is usually watching tv while I'm on PS. He calls it my "bling blog". (I know, it's not really a blog but he makes up silly names for things.)
 

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Apr 28, 2010
Messages
4,384
NewEnglandLady|1307479978|2940094 said:
Interesting--I very rarely go on PS at home unless there is a thread I'm following and want to see an update. I browse at work, in fact, it's not rare for me to read/post while in a meeting. People at work must know about it because when they walk by my desk or stop by to ask me something, the site is usually up in the background. For the most part I open it first thing in the morning (check the TTC thread while having my morning tea), check throughout the day, then leave the site when I'm shutting down to go home.

Love how particular it is! I wake up and check my email first thing in the morning, while still in bed! Last thing I check is FB before bed.
 

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Joined
Apr 26, 2007
Messages
8,087
junebug17|1307482808|2940147 said:
My husband is usually watching tv while I'm on PS. He calls it my "bling blog". (I know, it's not really a blog but he makes up silly names for things.)
Ha! My husband calls it the CrazyBoard, 'cause we're all crazy about diamonds. I have to admit, it caught on with me like an infection. :twisted:

Usually I have a window open when I'm working and I need a break or a quick fix of human conversation (writing is wonderful, but solitary): in the evenings, my husband is usually companionably on his boards, or playing a video game while I futz around here. Everybody's happy!
 

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Apr 28, 2010
Messages
4,384
Circe|1307484741|2940182 said:
junebug17|1307482808|2940147 said:
My husband is usually watching tv while I'm on PS. He calls it my "bling blog". (I know, it's not really a blog but he makes up silly names for things.)
Ha! My husband calls it the CrazyBoard, 'cause we're all crazy about diamonds. I have to admit, it caught on with me like an infection. :twisted:

Usually I have a window open when I'm working and I need a break or a quick fix of human conversation (writing is wonderful, but solitary): in the evenings, my husband is usually companionably on his boards, or playing a video game while I futz around here. Everybody's happy!
I love the names SO's have come up with!!! That could be a whole other thread!

So far we've got:

-Bling Blog
-CrazyBoard
 

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Jan 2, 2010
Messages
1,664
DH and I are both at work. I'm secretly pecking away on my phone. Hence all the wonderful typos in my threads.
 

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Jan 2, 2010
Messages
1,664
DH also asks me each night while laying in bed if there was anything interesting on "your" forum :D
 

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Joined
Apr 26, 2007
Messages
8,087
Autumnovember|1307485164|2940189 said:
Circe|1307484741|2940182 said:
junebug17|1307482808|2940147 said:
My husband is usually watching tv while I'm on PS. He calls it my "bling blog". (I know, it's not really a blog but he makes up silly names for things.)
Ha! My husband calls it the CrazyBoard, 'cause we're all crazy about diamonds. I have to admit, it caught on with me like an infection. :twisted:

Usually I have a window open when I'm working and I need a break or a quick fix of human conversation (writing is wonderful, but solitary): in the evenings, my husband is usually companionably on his boards, or playing a video game while I futz around here. Everybody's happy!
I love the names SO's have come up with!!! That could be a whole other thread!

So far we've got:

-Bling Blog
-CrazyBoard
From an old thread, I remember one poster's SO referring to PS as "Blinged Out B*tches.com," which isn't quite my cup of tea, but which was memorable enough for me to remember it for years.
 

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Apr 28, 2010
Messages
4,384
Circe|1307486221|2940204 said:
Autumnovember|1307485164|2940189 said:
Circe|1307484741|2940182 said:
junebug17|1307482808|2940147 said:
My husband is usually watching tv while I'm on PS. He calls it my "bling blog". (I know, it's not really a blog but he makes up silly names for things.)
Ha! My husband calls it the CrazyBoard, 'cause we're all crazy about diamonds. I have to admit, it caught on with me like an infection. :twisted:

Usually I have a window open when I'm working and I need a break or a quick fix of human conversation (writing is wonderful, but solitary): in the evenings, my husband is usually companionably on his boards, or playing a video game while I futz around here. Everybody's happy!
I love the names SO's have come up with!!! That could be a whole other thread!

So far we've got:

-Bling Blog
-CrazyBoard
From an old thread, I remember one poster's SO referring to PS as "Blinged Out B*tches.com," which isn't quite my cup of tea, but which was memorable enough for me to remember it for years.



hahahaha! oh wow...wonder if anyone has anything more creative than that
 

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Dec 29, 2006
Messages
12,450
My friends don't know about PS, as far as I know. I don't know anyone else IRL who posts on a forum (aside from other PSers I've met), and for some reason, I'd feel funny saying that I do. To quote Jerry Seinfeld though, "not that there's anything wrong with that!" :bigsmile:

My husband is ether at work or doing his own thing when I'm here. If he's home, he's usually playing hockey on his XBox, reading, watching TV, or playing guitar.
 

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jul 22, 2007
Messages
6,746
I pop in and out of PS to destress throughout the day. Sometimes it's during naptimes and DH is at work. Sometimes it's after DH is home and in the TV-coma and the kids are playing or in bed.
 

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Nov 16, 2008
Messages
2,649
Autumnovember|1307485164|2940189 said:
I love the names SO's have come up with!!! That could be a whole other thread!

So far we've got:

-Bling Blog
-CrazyBoard

Don't forget mine - "Diamond p*rn"
 

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Aug 15, 2004
Messages
5,537
We just call it the "Bling" forum. I'm usually sitting in my recliner with the TV on. Right now my daughter and her boyfriend are in the kitchen making dinner and it is hilarious!!!! We've got an open floorplan, which I thought was a good idea when the kids were young. Now, I'd prefer to have a little cave with a lock on the INSIDE of the door!
 

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Joined
May 23, 2010
Messages
6,731
I'm either in my office or at my little desk when I'm on PS. Or on my ipad in the den. Or sometimes I'll check a juicy thread on my phone.

What is everyone else doing?

Who knows? :lol:
 

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Aug 31, 2010
Messages
1,196
I'm at work with a very fast connection. We have two very slow hours every night. Right now I'm keeping an eye on a basketball game, a baseball game, the newspaper itself, the wires and eating dinner.
 

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jun 25, 2010
Messages
11,025
on the nights where my FI is traveling for work, I spend a lot of time on PS (like tonight!), other nights, I will be on the laptop while the FI watched a show I am not interested in, or on PS on my IPhone during lunch breaks and down time at work :naughty:
 

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Apr 20, 2010
Messages
816
I normally surf while I'm sitting on the couch, often while we're watching tv in the background. A lot of the time, I don't have the attention span to sit and only watch tv.
 

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Apr 28, 2010
Messages
4,384
texaskj|1307498466|2940393 said:
I'm at work with a very fast connection. We have two very slow hours every night. Right now I'm keeping an eye on a basketball game, a baseball game, the newspaper itself, the wires and eating dinner.
I LOVE this! I want a job like that too! :Up_to_something:
 

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Aug 31, 2010
Messages
1,196
Oh my, I guess I managed to make a newspaper job sound good! The adrenaline rush used to come from hitting deadline every night, now it's from keeping my job through eight rounds of layoffs! My problem is I've got ink in my veins and this is all I've ever wanted to do.
And judging from the lack of pages I'm getting, I can tell you that sports and the newsroom is watching too much of the basketball game.
 

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Feb 8, 2003
Messages
15,880
There's no consistancy with my PS habit. Kids could be a) at school b) at friends c) have friends over d) be jumping on my bed e) reading books f) playing legos...wow, that list could go from A to Z. lol

Same with DH. He may be at work, watching TV, sleeping, or on the ipad (as he is now)...

We do whatever happens to feel right at the time. ;-) With kids having summer break coming up, it'll all change though with swimming & the park, etc.
 
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    The Original: Princess Raiyah Of Jordan
    The Original: Princess Raiyah Of Jordan
    Celebratory Engagement Ring Upgrade And Bracelet
    Celebratory Engagement Ring Upgrade And Bracelet
    Chiguys's Cushion Cut Engagement Ring
    Chiguys's Cushion Cut Engagement Ring

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor



Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.
Top