shape
carat
color
clarity

Which wife has The Mogok Ruby?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cave Keeper

Shiny_Rock
The Sultan of Brunei bought the famous 16 carat Mogok Ruby for $3.6 million in 1988 for his wife. At that time, the purchase made it the World''s most expensive precious stone.
But of course now with Red Diamonds probably priced at more than a miillion dollars per carat, Rubies are no longer the most expensive stones on a per carat basis.

Anyway, back to the question: The problem is he had two wives; and, recently, this year), before he took another wife, he divorced one of them.

Does anyone know whether that Mogok Ruby is still part of the royal family''s jewels, or is it now the property of the ex-wife?

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I would trust the Royal family making sure its stays in their possesion....

Cave Keeper

Shiny_Rock
By Koranic law, a Moslem must treat all wives equally.

Perhaps, that stone suffered the fate due it according to King Solomon''s verdict?

Cave Keeper

Shiny_Rock
There''s an alternative possibility. His Majesty Himself might be the wearer, especially on his birthdays, or even his 4th wedding this week past(Aug 20) with his new 2nd quuen.

tanuki

Shiny_Rock
I remember a magazine article interviewing Mouna Ayoub who was divorced from one of those Sheiks.

She said that the Muslim law was once a man gave the wife a piece of jewelry it was her property forever and she kept it in the event of a divorce.

She came out of her marriage with some significant jewelry which she was trying to sell to cover her expensive lifestyle.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Hmm what an intreasting question. When we studied them, we were told that if a Muslim man wanted a divorce that the wife had to leave and all assets were his. Perhaps I will see if I can find my religion professor and see what he has to say about jewelery issues.
Though I imagine with something like that it would be kept in the family somehow even if they had to purchase it from the discarded wife.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results