shape
carat
color
clarity

Which type of insurance do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Pearl

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

While my ring is being made, I have been assigned to the task of looking for insurance for it. I have searched both Pricescope and diamondtalk about info about insurance. I am looking at Chubb vs. Jeweler''s Mutual.

My question is: Which insurer do you use? Why did you choose to go with that company.

Thanks! I really appreciate any input.
21.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
I use Chubb because of their cash-out policy. I don't know about Jeweler's Mutual. I'm sure you'll get a lot of information when you run a search. Good luck.

Diamondlil

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I actually just went through this and I had a hard time getting anywhere with Chubb.

However, you don't have to go with Chubb to get a cash out policy. Just tell your insurance agent that you want an "agreed amount" or "agreed value" policy.......that means the insurer pays out the agreed amount (usually based on the appraisal) in the event of loss.

I paid about $1.70 per $100 for this type of policy, versus $1.15 per $100 for a "replacement". To me, replacement was simply not going to cut it. I have an SI2 stone, but it's EXCEEDINGLY clean, and replacement would be hard pressed to get the same thing if they are only obligated to get the SI2.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results