shape
carat
color
clarity

which stone would you choose?

blanche277

Rough_Rock
having trouble deciding...the I has great optics but i can see a hint of warmth/color, the G is comparable to the I but it's smaller in carat size than i would like, and the E has great size but i'm worried about how the optics since JA doesn't provide the same reports as GOG plus i'm not sure if the inclusions would make the diamond susceptible to damage...(i know i'm starting to sound crazy) please let me know your opinion or if i should just continue searching for another stone...

2 ct I VS2, http://goodoldgold.com/diamond/8079/
Shape: Round
Carat Weight: 2.00ct
Color: I
Clarity: VS2
Width: 8.08mm
Length: 8.08mm
Depth: 4.99mm
Table Percentage: 57.54%
Depth Percentage: 61.68%
Crown ∠: 34.76°
Crown Depth: 14.76%
Pavilion ∠: 40.87°
Pavilion Depth: 43.27%

1.8 G SI1, http://goodoldgold.com/diamond/8274/
Width: 7.84mm
Length: 7.85mm
Depth: 4.79mm
Table Percentage: 57.23%
Depth Percentage: 61.10%
Crown ∠: 33.98°
Crown Depth: 14.44%
Pavilion ∠: 40.83°
Pavilion Depth: 43.11%

2.13 E SI2, i went to see this diamond and it seems to be eye clean, it's not marketed as true H&A but does have H&A formation
http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/E-SI2-Ideal-Cut-Round-Diamond-1315170.asp

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Did you jump on the JA stone? it's saying that it is no longer available. I was going to caution you about the inclusions on this stone. Did JA tell you that it was eye clean or did you make that assumption on your own? JA can also get you IS and ASET images if you request them so that you have the same information as the GOG stones and can make a better more informed decision.

ETA I like the 2ct GOG myself, but I'm not as color sensitive as some people. The I will face up whiter when it is set and since it has such great optics that will help mask some of the color as well. There is nothing wrong with either stone that I could see. Someone with more exerience than more will be along shortly, but I really like the first stone. :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I couldn't handle the inclusions on the E color stone, so I'd choose between the other two if those are the only ones being considered. It's sort of a toss up for me. I'd rather have G color, but the I takes you over 2 cts. Do you think she'd value higher color or size more?

blanche277

Rough_Rock
i had ordered the JA stone on Friday but having second thoughts about it because of the inclusions...i had a meeting with the gemologist from JA and she did say that the stone is eye clean. clarity isn't as strong a priority as i prefer color and carat!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1. AGS lists inclusions in order of most to least severe, not alphabetically - so the "grade making" inclusion (the one that made it an SI2 instead of higher clarity) is the crystal(s). I can't think of a scenario in which a crystal would be a durability risk in a reputably graded SI2, esp a stone of that size w/ those proportions that is in no other way at risk of chipping.. I wouldn't worry about non grade-making feathers if the vendor doesn't think it's an issue, but if you are concerned an independent appraisal is always an option

2. Don't think the GOG G is being sold as H&A so don't worry about inconsistencies in hearts and arrows photos. Otherwise looks nice

3. GOG I looks nice as well

If you've already ordered the E why not wait until it comes in, see what you think of it in-person? you might find the inclusions are too much for your tastes - or you might not, the only way to know for sure what your eyes think is to see it, afterall :sun:

mrb09

Rough_Rock
My gf likes size and sparkle, i like color a and sparkle. I like the E for my situation, but thats just me. I think that I from gog is pretty gorgeous as well, and their photography surely enhances the diamonds look. May I ask how much the 2.13 e si2 is? If you don't decide on that diamond, I may like to take a look at it. If you do decide on it, congrats! Best of luck.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Yssie|1309656983|2960914 said:
1. AGS lists inclusions in order of most to least severe, not alphabetically -

I didn't know that. Is AGS the only lab that lists inclusions this way?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Christina...|1309659255|2960930 said:
Yssie|1309656983|2960914 said:
1. AGS lists inclusions in order of most to least severe, not alphabetically -

I didn't know that. Is AGS the only lab that lists inclusions this way?

GIA does too. Have confirmed this w/ both labs.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results