Votes: 12 16.2%
  • Stack 3

Votes: 12 16.2%
  • No Stack get a spacer!

Votes: 47 63.5%

• Total voters

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just playing with the options. Which do you like best?

In all three stacks, the solitaire is aboout 5mm at the stone and tapers to about 3mm between the fingers. Diamond is .31 G VS2. Half eternity is 2.3mm with five point stones.

Stack 1 adds a 2mm bezel round band.
Stack 2 adds a 2.3mm marquise shape and bezel round band.
Stack 3 adds a 2mm channel set band with rounds.

Thoughts?

If you have not been following, these are my rings now and I love them but the shared prong is scratching the crap out of my solitaire so I am looking for a buffer, toying with a stack instead of a spacer band.

Attachments

• babyrings.bmp
    900.1 KB · Views: 1,432

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
The options! Fogrive my Lame-O photoshop 8)

ddstackers.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I looked at all of them, and stack three really popped out at me the most. It really flows. Love that one, Dreamer! All of them are nice, though. I'd rank them like this: stack three, stack one, and last is stack two.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I like 1 but 3 is close behind. There's something about 2 that I don't like, but I can't really put my finger on it. Maybe it's that there are 2 rounds in the marquise bezels instead of one marquise, so it doesn't seem to flow right?

ETA: To be honest, though, I prefer just the 2 bands with the thin knife-edge spacer over any of these.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
jstarfireb|1318572006|3040003 said:
I like 1 but 3 is close behind. There's something about 2 that I don't like, but I can't really put my finger on it. Maybe it's that there are 2 rounds in the marquise bezels instead of one marquise, so it doesn't seem to flow right?

ETA: To be honest, though, I prefer just the 2 bands with the thin knife-edge spacer over any of these.

That was my other question! I think I will go to Birks and try these or similar tomorrow and see what I think in person too. Wish I could try a spacer without having to buy one. ETA: Added none as an option!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Sweet! I voted again, this time for spacer only. I guess I don't really love the look of 2 eternity/semi-eternity bands that are similar but not quite the same and stacked on the same side of the solitaire. I tend to prefer just a solitaire and one band with diamonds, and the spacer would have more of that look.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I like your ering and band just as they are. Your ering is unique, simple, elegant but makes a style statement. I think that will get diluted with extras. So I vote for "none". But if you need to protect the metal I guess a thin thin spacer would look the best.

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
I don't like the round stones in the stackers next to the rounds in your shared prong. I also think your set as is is simply lovely and so voted for the spacer :)

E B

Ideal_Rock
swingirl|1318579167|3040060 said:
I like your ering and band just as they are. Your ering is unique, simple, elegant but makes a style statement. I think that will get diluted with extras. So I vote for "none". But if you need to protect the metal I guess a thin thin spacer would look the best.

Agreed.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also think none, the way the two look together and how wide they are on your finger is just right. If you need something though, I think a spacer so that's how I voted.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
# 3 would be my choice if you pick this look, but I voted to go with the spacer. I am a big fan of stacking but I think you need a spacer too. It is a very clean look and I think you won't always want to wear three bands. Sometimes a simpler look feels better. I would get the stacker first and go from there.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I like stack two. You need some variety to the shapes, IMO.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Number 3, but I really favor a plain rounded metal band in the middle!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, you know what I'm going to say 8)

If your stacker absolutely must have stones what about a thin channel with french cut sapphires or something? You already have the BLINGING diamond full-finger mish-mash sparklefest in your Aurora...

ETA that plain brushed rose gold band from your other thread still gets both my votes :love:

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I liked stack 1 the best! :wavey:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1318602094|3040209 said:
Number 3, but I really favor a plain rounded metal band in the middle!

Yes, that's my new vote.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer, my first choice is no stack and just get a spacer, but I do like option 3 if you go with the additional blingy stacker!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
And the winner is...

Drumroll please...

NO STACK! Tried some on today it looked like crap. I did not like the look *at all*. So the options are a spacer (which I am not wild about) or resetting my half eternity into a band that will not wreck my solitaie (which I am not wild about).

Boo.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm glad you decided against the stack. I think that super thin knife edge would be lovely, personally! I missed the rose gold one Yssie mentioned so I'll have to go peek around.

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
Usually I'm a fan of stacked rings but in this case, I have to say I prefer the look of your current set best. It is timeless, elegant and very classy. I wouldn't reset your diamond band as I love the fact that your current setting high-lights the round shape of the stones and I think it is the perfect compliment to your semi-bezel solitaire. I vote for either a very fine spacer or just live with the tiny scratches and have it buffed once every 6 months.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer, maybe you could buy a bead set or channel set band to wear with your gorgeous bezel solitaire. I know it's not ideal but...it'd work! And then you could just wear your Dream band by itself on other occasions.

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
Dreamer, what size is the ring in the bezel again?

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
So glad, I think the thin spacer is the best option. Or super thin channel set band with french cuts, baguettes, or asschers, but my fave is the super thin spacer.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Or, what about one of those thin rope bands (like Haven's wedding band?)

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sparkly Blonde|1318642819|3040655 said:
Dreamer, what size is the ring in the bezel again?

Do you mean the diamond? o.32ct. Or the width of the bezel ring? Close to 4.5mm.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bella_mezzo|1318644001|3040663 said:
Or, what about one of those thin rope bands (like Haven's wedding band?)

Honestly, nothing stacked between looked even remotely good and ruined the fluid gorgeous look of the set IMO. So no, nothing going in there unless it is basically invisible.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Farleysmom|1318640226|3040639 said:
Usually I'm a fan of stacked rings but in this case, I have to say I prefer the look of your current set best. It is timeless, elegant and very classy. I wouldn't reset your diamond band as I love the fact that your current setting high-lights the round shape of the stones and I think it is the perfect compliment to your semi-bezel solitaire. I vote for either a very fine spacer or just live with the tiny scratches and have it buffed once every 6 months.

I think you are right on all counts FM. I wonder, how long would it take for damage to occurr? I could watch it and see I guess and make a decision later if it looks like it is too bad??

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Laila619|1318642058|3040651 said:
Dreamer, maybe you could buy a bead set or channel set band to wear with your gorgeous bezel solitaire. I know it's not ideal but...it'd work! And then you could just wear your Dream band by itself on other occasions.

It is a thought. I tried some on today and they did not look right, because of the sharpe corners on the channels, you know? Somehow the diamonds being round look good with my solitaire even though it is a heavy rounded band. I think if I get another band to wear it will be a custom plain platinum ring that will perfectly match my solitaite, that would be awesome and would mean I did not wear the diamonds next to the solitaire as often.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
is there anywhere where you can 'try on' a spacer band, to get an idea of what it would look like before you invest in it?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results