shape
carat
color
clarity

Which size to pick?

concun

Shiny_Rock
Hello,
I am looking to have 3 lab stones cut in red ruby and hot pink sapphire for a trinity ring size 6.5. I like to stick to 1.4-1.5 ratio but would not decide on the sizes. Can you pls help me?
1. Pick the best set that are pleasant to the eyes among A1, A2, A3 and A4.
2. Pick the preferable combination between A1 (red | pink | red) vs B1 (pink | red | pink)?

Thanks.Untitled Diagram (1).jpeg

My eyes are drawn to A2.

Looking forward to seeing the finished ring!

DK :))

Since they're lab stones and budget isn't a huge restriction, I like the proportions of A4 best (A1 or B1 would be my second choice, but I'd rather go larger). Whether a red or pink center stone is best is really a matter of taste, but I'd prefer red center and pink sides. Good luck!

I'm an A2, B1 gal.

Can't tell from those rounded-corner shapes. I like the long dimension of the step-cut side stones to match the length of the edge between the cut corners of the center stone. The side stones should have (only) tiny cut corners whereas the center stone should have pronounced ones -- almost octagonal-looking. Most of the really appealing ones seem to follow this formula. I agree with matching the length:width ratio for center and side stones.

I'd prefer red in the center. Tbh, red or pink in the center with diamond sides for a more elevated high-jewelry look. But that may not be what you are going for.

What size finger will this be on? I'm leaning toward red-pink-red but the larger stones could be overwhelming on a small hand.
Fun project!

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP

Featured Topics