shape
carat
color
clarity

Which size Eternity Ring

chicago123

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone!

(New to here) and curious about what size eternity band I should get. My FH gave m a stunning 1.5 ct oval engagement ring on a whisper band (yellow gold - 6 prongs - size 6). Its really stunning because it tricks the eye into thinking its an oval / marquise. Im looking at an eternity band and have NO idea what to get. Looking at a round shared prong OR u-ring OR shared prong u setting.

Let me preface that Im not looking for a small eternity band. I plan to wear them together and separated by a 2-3mm gold flat band. I also am okay with the eternity band being equally as stunning as the ER --> all diamonds are created equal, right!? Let em shine!

So far I have the following:

3.3mm (.15 each diamond)
3.5mm (.17 each diamond)
3.7mm (.20 each diamond)

Im leaning towards 3.7mm / 3.5mm. But I have no idea which one and could use some help. I feel as though if I get the .15 Ill wish I got the .20 and vice versa. Again, Im okay with a blinged out finger and have 2 stunning pieces that are independent of each other. I also have larger hands - but very slender (what can I say I have long fingers). Im almost 6 feet tall as well so I want something that's proportionate to my height / hand size.

Would love to see what you ladies have and advice!

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
Good luck. I have a hair under 3 carat platinum eternity. Love it, 3.5mm as I recall.

One thing I always advise folks is to TRY ONE ON! Costume fake, a friends - anything. Then use your hands, live your life.

When people try them on in stores, they extend their hands and spread their fingers - that ain’t life. When you wear a bigger eternity you will feel the stones on the adjoining fingers every time you make a fist or grab something. It drives some folks nuts.

Example, I am good with it on the left, non dominant hand. It can’t stand it on my right hand.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Compromise and get the .17

MsShnooks

Shiny_Rock
I’m your height but bigger built with a size 7 finger. I‘ve recently tried on a number of 5-stone rings and 0.20 stones look big enough to be worn on their own and not look like a stacking ring. However,I find they look out of proportion next to a 1.5ct ring (which is what I’ve got). To me, a 1.5ct looks best next to maybe 0.07-0.10 stones. I’m planning to get a 2ct 5-stone for my right hand for some serious bling.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results