shape
carat
color
clarity

Which setting is nicer?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Both are lovely, but I like the first one. Not loving the head on the second one.

kennethoka

Rough_Rock
I''m kinda like the first one too. but will it make the diamond look even smaller. since 0.46ct is really a very small diamond

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2008 7:23:44 PM
Author: kennethoka
I''m kinda like the first one too. but will it make the diamond look even smaller. since 0.46ct is really a very small diamond
I don''t know, the 2 bands are almost exactly the same width. I don''t think it would make that much difference.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
I like the second one. I think it would be lovely with your diamond. Either way, it'll be nice.

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
I like the second one. I think it would look good with the size diamond you are looking at. Plus, it would look great with a matching wedding band. Just my opinion!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2008 7:16:50 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Both are lovely, but I like the first one. Not loving the head on the second one.

Ditto :)

The flow on the first ring is nicer IMO as well :)

AnitaT

Shiny_Rock
Both are nice. I think I am leaning towards the first one.

kennethoka

Rough_Rock
May I ask is it feel uncomfortable to wear a ring with sharp edges around the ring like the first ring? I don't wear ring so I don't know about that. The second one is about rounder.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
I prefer the second one myself. I''d have them shave the prongs a bit for a small additional cost.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
The feel of a ring really depends on the wearer and how fleshy the finger it. I have one with edges and I do feel it. But I still love it.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I like the first, but it probably won''t maximize the stone as much as the second. Supposedly the two secrets to making a stone appear larger are having a thin band and setting it higher. If your FI would prefer a low-set stone and you''d like to maximize the size, I''d perhaps consider a band that''s in the 1.5 mm range or shoot - someone around here has a 1.1!

But, it''s all personal pref - my diamond is about a half carat and I have it in a 4mm setting and it sits low, and I certainly don''t think it''s hidden in its setting.

indypitty

Shiny_Rock
I actually have the second setting in platinum. It really is beautiful. Here is a link to some pics (more on the second page).

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
I like the 2nd one. I think it will showcase you diamond better.

sugarplum

Brilliant_Rock
i vote for the second setting. it''s dainty/delicate and will enhance your center stone.

indy, your ring is beautiful!

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/19/2008 2:26:21 AM
Author: sugarplum
i vote for the second setting. it''s dainty/delicate and will enhance your center stone.

indy, your ring is beautiful!
Agree with this! It seems more blingy and pretty.

The first one seems to have more metal showing on the band and the diamonds look sort of lost imo.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the 1st one better because of the way the centre stone is set.

Hera

Ideal_Rock
The second one, because it is more delicate and I believe will showcase your stone better also.

Cleo

Brilliant_Rock
I haven''t read the other replies, so I''m not biased by anything anyone else has written!

I much prefer the second setting.

I think this setting will make your diamond look bigger & stand out more than the first setting would.

I also think it''s a very elegant and classic looking setting. :)

x x x

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
I like the first one better, too. I''ve never been much of a fan of cathedral settings.

cnkav

Shiny_Rock
They both are lovely, but I prefer the first one.

Cleo

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/19/2008 10:58:04 AM
Author: tberube
I like the first one better, too. I''ve never been much of a fan of cathedral settings.
Um.. do you mean you prefer the second one?

The first one is the cathedral setting! :)

x x x

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
I prefer the second setting, but they are both very pretty.

lauralu

Brilliant_Rock
2nd 2nd.......LUV it. dainty, sweet, beautiful, not to much metal to overpower the diamond. Yet the daintiness of the pave will mix really well with the diamond size you are putting in it..... yet give you absolute bling blingage.

nani565

Shiny_Rock
I would prefer the second setting, its beautiful and I think it will make you diamond pop more than the first setting. I think the second one would look lovely with the diamond you have chosen :) but whichever you choose both are great settings

carabella

Shiny_Rock
Both are lovely, but I think I prefer the second one because the prongs look a bit more dainty and will show off the center stone.

INdmbLove

Shiny_Rock
I recently showed these same rings to my BF as "possibilities"- I too have a smaller diamond, so I don''t want to get a setting that will take over my center stone. I was kind of split on which I liked more- until today. We went to a B&M store just to browse so that I could see something similar in person.

I found the setting similar to the 2nd one on your list just had a larger presence on my hand- It just was like "HELLO, I am here LOOK at ME!"- sparkles, sparkles, sparkles -I love it! The one similar to the the first one was also very pretty- however- it was just.... there? Does that make sense? It just didn''t strike me the way the other did.

Good Luck!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like both of the but I think I''d pick number one.

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
For the size of stone you are looking at, I still like #2 above. The band is a lot narrower and I think it will make the center stone stand out more. I much prefer #2 over both #1 and the BN setting!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results