shape
carat
color
clarity

Which setting do you like? Please Vote!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
Our diamond will be arriving on Friday and we are trying to pick a setting. The two top contenders are the Vatche Royal Crown with Pave or a Danhov knife edge with pave. Sorry for posting links instead of pics, but I'm not good with attachments. The diamond is 2.4ct. Which setting appeals to you most? Its so hard to choose, in a perfect world I'd have both ;-).

The Vatche: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/vatche-royal-crown-with-pave.50649/

The Danhov: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/danhov-knife-edge-pave-ering-how-wide.53490/

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
This was supposed to be a poll post. hmmm.... wonder if i can change it

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oops! I accidentally replied to one of the threads you posted.
3.gif
I absolutely love the Danhov! Something about that floaty side profile that takes my breath away. With a 2.4 carat honker it''d be breathtaking! Plus, I like the knife-edge detail to the Danhov....a very pretty, delicate detail.

The Vatche is pretty (the crown is amazing) but the knife-edge on the Danhov totally does it for me.

I think you also need to consider wedding bands in your decision. The Vatche has a matching band....does the Danhov? If not, I think a matching knife edge with pave could easily be customized and would look stunning together with the e-ring.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
KD, I agree! You have divine taste...anyway, I think you do need to contemplate the band issue, some people get the ring and then get flummoxed later on with the band, so I would investigate that now, but I like the Danhov too!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the knife edge but probably wouldn''t get it unless I were wearing it as a stand alone ring. I''m just not a big fan of knife edge wedding bands. it''s totally a personal preference though. I do love the style and pave in the danhov...

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
They are both beautiful! I think it depends on the style of the person wearing it. the Vatche is a little more classic, and the Danhov is a bit more modern looking. It''s a tough call. I think I like the Danhov better because it''s different and you don''t see it everyday.
30.gif

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
I vote for the Danhov - it''s absolutely beautiful!!!
30.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
I inserted links into the topic and here are the pictures.

vatche_dan.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Another vote for the danhov setting, it''s such a beautiful setting!!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Another vote for Danhov ...

Just my opinion but I don''t even really *like* that Vatche (sorry!!) At least in that pix the pave seems kinda clumped up - not as organized and tight and flowing like the Danhov.

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
I called Danhov and they gave me the info for a jeweler in San Francisco that carries their collection. I''m going to make arrangements to see the ring in person. That will help me think about the wedding band situation. For anyone who wants to know, its David Clay Jewelers on Union Street.
36.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
ON 100% the Danhov. SO unique and SO spectacular.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
The Danhov, definitely. I''m not reallya fan of the Vatche Crown Royal (I think that might be blasphemy, but oh well).

*M*

grapegravity

Shiny_Rock
Danhov +1

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Definitely 100% for the Danhov. It''s gorgeous (at least in the picture)!!!
35.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Oops minority here. Vatch for me. Good luck with your decision!

amoorerhea

Rough_Rock
I agree with most everybody else, the Danhov is beautiful!!

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Ohhh - the Danhov is very pretty!

rockbie

Rough_Rock
tough one, I like both
26.gif

MMM

Brilliant_Rock
Danhov for SURE. Its so much more modern and eye catcing.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Another vote for #2. It''s stunning.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
The Danhov setting gets my vote, yummo!!!
30.gif
30.gif

Gwyn

Brilliant_Rock
Danhov gets my vote as well

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/10/2007 1:09:04 PM
Author: decodelighted
Another vote for Danhov ...

Just my opinion but I don''t even really *like* that Vatche (sorry!!) At least in that pix the pave seems kinda clumped up - not as organized and tight and flowing like the Danhov.
You took the words right out of my mouth!
3.gif
Pretty much the only thing I like about the Vatche ring is the crown part. I don''t like the shank. The pave looks all packed in together and smooshed up tight and random-looking. (though that could be cuz the pics are magnified multiple times) The lines on the Danhov are much cleaner and sleeker!

I didn''t know David Clay carried Danhov. Good to know! Let us know what you think!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Danhov all the way...

DillPickle

Rough_Rock
Danhov +1

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I''m stuck on this one because I prefer the head/crown of the vatche far more than the danhov, but I don''t like the pave shank on the vatche.

colorkitty

Shiny_Rock

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
One thing occurred to me about the Danhov. I don''t know if that little band thingy at the base of the center stone will sit on my finger or if it will be elevated. If it does sit low then that presents an issue when wearing a wedding band. There might be a massive space between the rings, and I''d really like to be able to wear an e-ring and w-ring on the same finger. A space is okay with me, just not a huge one. I''m glad that I''ll be able to see it in person before making a decision. I totally agree with everyone and am leaning toward the Danhov.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results