shape
carat
color
clarity

Danhov knife edge pave ering - how wide?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bargaincrazy

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone,

I LOVE this Danhov setting and want to have parts of it incorporated into my custom setting. I think that both Defender and Portia have it with a cushion center stone. Portia, is the one you ultimately bought the same as the Danhov? For a while I thought that the Dimend Scaasi version was different, but I''m not sure. Actually, the pic is from DS.

I''m a bit concerned about whether my jeweler can get the knife edge pave looking as perfect and delicate as the Danhov. It''s pretty amazing looking in person. But for starters, was wondering how wide the band is and how big the melee stones are (points/carats/mm - any will do).

Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

dimendscaasidanhov.jpg

Adylon

Shiny_Rock
I visit danhov's office probably twice a month, sometimes more.

Their pave work is some of the best. If you try to duplicate their pave make sure you use an experienced designer and a very good setter.

Regarding the width, I'm not too sure but my educated guess would be 2.5mm assuming center stone of 6.5mm.

Good luck.

bargaincrazy

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Adylon! I appreciate the reply, and what you said is kind of what I expected to hear in regards to being careful about trying to duplicate Danhov''s pave work. I tend to think that the knife edge gives the illusion of thinness, i.e. a 3 mm knife edge would look thinner/more delicate than a 3 mm rounded pave band. I originally wanted a 2.5 mm rounded pave shank (3 rows of small melee), but not really 3 sided. However, I''ve been told that 3 rows would be more like 3 mm wide. Also, one jeweler said that true micropave is extremely costly...that the tiny diamonds themselves are more expensive as is the labor to set them, so if I want to do 3 rows of micropave to make 2.5 mm, then it will really set me back.

I wonder if anyone has 3 rows of micropave (not 3 sided) on a rounded shank that is 2.5 mm or less.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love love love the Danhov!!!! So delicate, unique, and subtle. I ADORE it!!!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Another vote for the danhov setting, I absolutely love that setting!!

diamonewb

Rough_Rock
Danhov all the way

Jean

Shiny_Rock
I absolutely love # 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results