Which Rolex face would you choose?

• White Face

Votes: 28 52.8%
  • Silver Face

Votes: 25 47.2%

• Total voters

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, so we just got home. We were out almost the entire day. Decided to get a quick bite to eat at one of our local spots. I love this restaurant, it has the most comfortable bar shaped in a horse shoe shape. Everyone is so friendly & its just a nice place to sit, talk & relax after the day. We ate dinner. & across this bar sat a gal with what looked to be a brand new silver faced Rolex with what I think were diamond markers! I looked as much as I could with out being obvious, but still couldn't tell if it was a 31 or a 28, hunch says its a 31. But it looked great. She had it stacked with all kinds of brackets, & kept thinking, oh my--this thing is getting scratched to high heavens! Yikes. So that little sighting had me double & triple checking my decision all over again!

So, our visit this am to visit one of the AD's in town. Who had a fantastic selection. I loved the silver face, it was very nice, looked great on my wrist, etc. It is a gorgeous watch.. But my mind just isn't letting go of that white faced watch! So, we walked next door to have lunch & think about it. @prs, I love the combo you posted & actually have that exact combination in a 26mm, it is a classic look IMHO. But they don't make that combo in a 31mm! So here we are. Thank you for posting it!

Of course, I took some pics!

IMG_4657.jpeg IMG_4658.jpeg IMG_4661.jpeg IMG_4662.jpeg IMG_4663.jpeg
We've known this jewelry store owner for many years, he sold DH my original 26mm in 1999 before he opened his own store. He is nice enough to keep the 31 silver aside for us while we wait for the white face to come in so I shop both side by side. There's just something about that white face that I just love. I think that's the one I like the best. I took some pics, & wore my 26mm so I could have a white face to compare. The jeweler said it'd be in, in a few weeks. I'm excited to be able to get my hands on that watch & am very thankful he agreed to hold the silver so I can make sure once the white comes in. I can't wait!!

I must give kudos to DH: he's been extremely patient with this equivocation & decision process. We all know that it can take months if not years for some of us to get to the point of purchase. I thank everyone for your thoughts & input, its been very helpful as I think through everything!

Although I'm feeling 99% sure of my choice, there is still the outside chance that once that white face comes in & I am able to try it on next to the silver, I may change my mind. But that's where we are of today, Dec 21st!

Merry Christmas & warm wishes for a wonderful Holiday to everyone!!

First of all, that sounds like such a lovely shopping adventure with your DH. Love the thought of sitting at the bar discussing the watch, eating dinner and getting into the Christmas spirit. So lovely!

Second of all, that is perfect that you can compare them side by side. I really think you will know which one is for you when you have a chance to see them together. Thank you for the pictures and for keeping us updated!

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
As of right now the vote is tied! I voted for the white as I think it looks the best. That being said, they are both beautiful! I also agree about the visibility and the silver face. Have fun with the shopping in the meantime! <3

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@cozystiches, The vote's been neck & neck--I'm actually quite surprised its been this close. I guess I thought it would be more white.

@OdetteOdile thank you, it was quite a nice day Saturday, we enjoyed ourselves. You are right, I think I'lll know immediately when I see both side by side. I asked DH last night if he thought it was crazy to get the 31mm in white when I have the 26mm in white. We decided that it wasn't as I'd be wearing the 31mm. Egads, first world probs & all that.

Busy-busy today with prep, son is arriving late tonight. Merry Christmas & Happy Hanukkah everyone!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it’s neck and neck because of the diamond 6 :kiss2:

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
One more for the white over here! My understanding is you want an everyday watch that can be dressed up or down. IMHO, one can never go wrong with a classic, crisp white anything and everything.

Happy Holidays to you and everyone!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Looking forward to your choice!

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@sarahb we are all anxiously awaiting to see which one you choose. :appl:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does Rolex make one with 12 Octavias? :kiss2:

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@missy, I know! :) I can't wait either, the waiting is the worst! We ordered the white face, & the jeweler is keeping the silver aside until the white comes in so we can shop them both side by side. Also, wanted to tell you, I love those earrings you chose, dangles don't suit my face shape, but if I could wear them, the pairs you got for Christmas are what I'd choose also.:love:

@kenny, If Rolex made an Octavia model, chances are, it'd be on your wrist!! :bigsmile:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, I know! :) I can't wait either, the waiting is the worst! We ordered the white face, & the jeweler is keeping the silver aside until the white comes in so we can shop them both side by side. Also, wanted to tell you, I love those earrings you chose, dangles don't suit my face shape, but if I could wear them, the pairs you got for Christmas are what I'd choose also.:love:

@kenny, If Rolex made an Octavia model, chances are, it'd be on your wrist!! :bigsmile:

Sarah, I think this is the perfect solution for your watch conundrum. Get the white one and compare side by side and then you will know. I love that your jeweler is willing to do this for you. :appl:

And thank you re the earring compliments @sarahb. You may borrow them anytime and bet you do look lovely in dangles. It's all about finding the right ones. If you ever are in the NYC area we can go earring shopping (or any bling you desire shopping) together.:love:

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
And thank you re the earring compliments @sarahb. You may borrow them anytime and bet you do look lovely in dangles. It's all about finding the right ones. If you ever are in the NYC area we can go earring shopping (or any bling you desire shopping) together.:love:

I'd love to go bling shopping in NYC with you @missy, wouldn't that be fun!?! You have a beautiful collection & are so kind to offer to share!! Off of the top of my mind & based on my knowledge of diamond shopping in NYC (which came from reading PS), the only places I know that I'd love to visit would be Adam at OWD & Jonathan W at August Vintage Inc. Ooooo, that could be dangerous!:lol:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Late to this party, but I voted white... the silver face is beautiful and a little dressier - but you already have a "dressy" watch. White faced watches are fresh and clean... even a little sporty. Too bad the green didn't suit you, because it's GORGEOUS!!!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So funny that the poll is tied...
I guess that means that both are equally gorgeous and it then comes down to your preference.
Personally, I would chose the silver because I equate the white face with summer attire. Strange I know...
Either way, both are fab! Lucky choice to make.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Honestly, I love the 26mm you already have better than all the others! :lol: So I’d go with the white face bc the silver is too similar to what you already have. EDIT plus people said the whit is easier to read and that is important to me too.

Gotta say I personally love the green, but I dress very boldly and I can see how that would not go well with a more neutral/classic style.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@msop04 I agree, the silver face is just a bit dressier than the white. I think I'm headed towards the white, but as @missy said, when I see them side by side, I'll know for sure!

@Slick1 Its been fun watching this poll, its been neck & neck, altho right this moment, white is ahead by 2....who knows where it will end up!

@dreamer_dachsie, I love the 26 also, that watch is very sentimental to me. But the 31mm is such a great size--& I've enjoyed wearing it. You know, I love the green also, it looks so rich with the 18k! My fear is, that I'd tire of it really fast. If money grew on a tree, I'd buy the green and the white, no doubt!:lickout:

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not to hijack this thread but am wondering how the trend got to larger and larger faces for ladies watches. Mine is 26" and I am happy with it because I have small wrists (6.5" tennis bracelets instead of standard 7.0 to 7.5"). Have seen many women prefering men's size watches too.

I voted white because it is easier to read. Mine is old and the gold tapestry dial is difficult to read in low light.

20191229_164132.jpg

I personally would prefer 12 stick markers, but then again I am grandma age, lol.

Last edited:

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Cheryl, I agree, the 36-40mm sizes are just too big for my wrist as well, and second, I don't like the way the larger sizes look on me. I have a couple of friends that wear the 36mm Rolex sports models, & although they love them, its not my 'look' if YKWIM. Some of the sizes are huge! (I am also grandma age as well!)

The white face on the 31mm is a classic size, & as such, I think the size & white face will stand the test of time. I can see how the face on yours would be hard to read, perhaps they can change it to something a bit more legible for you? It's a gorgeous watch!!

Last edited:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cheryl, I agree, the 36-40mm sizes are just too big for my wrist as well, and second, I don't like the way the larger sizes look on me. I have a couple of friends that wear the 36mm Rolex sports models, & although they love them, its not my 'look' if YKWIM. Some of the sizes are huge! (I am also grandma age as well!)

The white face on the 31mm is a classic size, & as such, I think the size & white face will stand the test of time. I can see how the face on yours would be hard to read, perhaps they can change it to something a bit more legible for you? It's a gorgeous watch!!

I also found the 31mm to be the perfect size.

To each their own ... YMMV ... etc. etc. etc. & blah blah blah ... but IMO a full-sized Rolex would look fitting on a bit hairy man like Sajad Gharib, aka The Iranian Hulk.

Screen Shot 2019-12-29 at 7.55.24 PM.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Like you and Cheryl, I also like regular size women's watches and wouldn't consider larger than 31 for myself. Aside from looking more proportional on my wrist, I think the huge watch thing is a fad and will definitely go away in time. So for me, a medium ladies size is more likely to stand the test of time. (And I am sure you all know by now, I am very into classic and timeless! lol!)

I think both are beautiful but I lean more toward the silver for myself. Your diamond watch is just gorgeous!!! I think the other reason I voted silver for you is that your other two watches both have white faces. But maybe you just like white faces best, period, and don't mind having all with white! That's fine, too! I look forward to seeing the comparison of the two choices and the final choice! Please be sure to post in the luxury watch thread in Show Me the Bling, too! Post all three if you haven't posted the other two!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Like you and Cheryl, I also like regular size women's watches and wouldn't consider larger than 31 for myself. Aside from looking more proportional on my wrist, I think the huge watch thing is a fad and will definitely go away in time. So for me, a medium ladies size is more likely to stand the test of time. (And I am sure you all know by now, I am very into classic and timeless! lol!)

I think both are beautiful but I lean more toward the silver for myself. Your diamond watch is just gorgeous!!! I think the other reason I voted silver for you is that your other two watches both have white faces. But maybe you just like white faces best, period, and don't mind having all with white! That's fine, too! I look forward to seeing the comparison of the two choices and the final choice! Please be sure to post in the luxury watch thread in Show Me the Bling, too! Post all three if you haven't posted the other two!

I also agree re larger watches being more of a fad right now. And since my style is more classic & timeless in my choices, I tend to lean towards lighter faces. I loved that green face combo, it was gorgeous. But it was just a bit too out there for me--for every day wear.

I do like lighter faces on watches, and was also concerned re having 2 white faced watches, the 26 & soon to be possible 31. I decided that if I got the 31 in white, it would be the one I wore & not the 26, as my preference is for the 31 size over the 26. At this point & time, the 26 is more sentimental to me than anything, as it will never be sold or traded in etc.

The silver is also just a bit dressier than the white, & since I already have a dressy watch in the diamond/MOP watch, perhaps the white face might be the one. I adore my white face in the 26, just want it larger! But I agree, that silver one is a beauty, & I'd most likely get it if I didn't have the other dress watch!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@kenny There is a Rolex sports watch called 'The Hulk', which is what your Iranian body builder should wear, he is H-U-G-E! Rolex-Submariner-Hulk-Green-Dial-Bezel-Steel-Steel-Mens-Watch-116610LV_25062_F.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL. :mrgreen:

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the MOP dial in the first picture. Not a fan of the white.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Well, the white faced watch came in on Wednesday, we dropped by to take a look. I pretty much had decided on the white face before it even getting here, but as always, its good to re-check & confirm one's original conclusion. I wanted to thank everyone who participated, & voted in this thread. DH calls it 'The Election' thread, & it was quite helpful to hear everyones opinions & thoughts, I very much appreciate it!! :wavey:

Here they both are for the last look:
IMG_4801.jpeg

and the final selection:
IMG_4804 2.jpeg

IMG_4811.jpeg

IMG_4814.jpeg

I love the clean & classic of this piece & so happy with my final choice. Thank you (((DH))) & everyone for helping me think this one through!:appl::wavey:

rocks

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
YES!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

OH me super luvs! Not a bad choice here--both were gorgeous--but this one certainly rocks! Congrats!

cheers--Sharon

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you @canuk-gal & @rocks for popping in, I am enjoying it! DH told me last night he thinks I should get a bracelet to wear along with it but I'm not sure if I want to do that..have a great weekend everyone!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
YES! Yes, yes, YES!! I love the one you chose, it looks PERFECT on you!!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Swit swoo, it’s lovely.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results