shape
carat
color
clarity

Which project would you do?

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
All this recent talk of red spinels lately made me think about setting mine. The diamonds left over from the original setting of my emerald ring were just sitting there as well, so I thought of putting the two together. Maybe something like this:

The spinel is 7 x 7.6 and the baguettes are (I'm guessing) about 3.5 x 1.5 and I have 14 of them. Here's a bit better picture of the spinel by itself.

kiz-rhspinel3.jpg

My other idea involves a bunch of 4mm trillion tourmalines in varying shades of pink. I was thinking that chandelier earrings set up something like this could be very cute. I have 19 of the tourmalines so 9 per earring is the max I could do. These could also be done without the diamonds. I'm not sure what would go up top though.

kiz-redspinel10.jpg

kiz-pinktourm10.jpg

faegrace

Shiny_Rock
Kismet ~

Wow, that spinel is a phenomenal red! :love: with those diamonds too!

That said, I think I would go for the tourmaline chandelier earrings first, IF you have to chose one. ;)) It looks like an intriguing, unusual project. I, for one, would be very interested to see how it all comes together (envisioning pink, sparkly, girlie goodness).

~ faegrace

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I'd go with the spinel! I really like it with the baguettes - very art deco. The earrings would be very pretty, but I don't see the tourmalines as "going" with the baguettes.

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
jstarfireb|1306979807|2935860 said:
I'd go with the spinel! I really like it with the baguettes - very art deco. The earrings would be very pretty, but I don't see the tourmalines as "going" with the baguettes.
That's exactly what I thought when I saw it!

My vote is for the spinel.

bluebirrrd

Shiny_Rock
Yes, very art deco and delicious. The small geometric shapes of the baguettes remind me indirectly of this ring, which I have always loved. Someday, I'll incorporate that step cut shank into a ring of my own. I vote for the spinel.

Deco%20Band.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the Art Deco appeal of the layout of your stones, similar to this Leon piece.

Leonemeraldring.JPG

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please do the spinel. It's a beautiful red.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Spinel hands down!!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the ring idea!

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
:appl: your red spinel! :love:

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
SPINEL!

:D

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kismet that red is gorgeous! I love the idea of the baguettes with it and think Arcadian is really on to something with the Harry Winston link

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Looks like the spinel is the hands down winner. That was kind of the way I was leaning myself, especially as the earring idea could be done without diamonds.

Thank you all for your opinions!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Oh oh oh Earrings!!!! I bet you have tons of beautiful rings so add to your earring collection instead! That is my vote!

K9

Brilliant_Rock
SPINEL!

faegrace

Shiny_Rock
It looks like Sarahbear and I are waaaay outnumbered. LOL
I'm on-board with an art deco ring any day though; I'm sure the earrings will be gorgeous, without the diamonds.

~ faegrace

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock
I like the earring idea.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Well, I'll be using the diamonds with the spinel but the earrings are getting done first. I dropped the stones off with the jeweler and discussed the design for the earrings this morning.

faegrace

Shiny_Rock
:appl: Kismet ~

I cannot wait to see those beautiful pink sparklers!
How long did they say it will take before they're adorning your ears?

~ faegrace

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
I vote for the spinel and hope it is art deco in style. I love some of Raymond C Yard's jewelry in particular!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results