shape
carat
color
clarity

Which one would you buy?

99response

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone, first post I've been a little overwhelmed with an engagement ring purchase. I've put two diamonds I'm considering up and would like opinions. I know bluenile is not the most popular vendor up here but bear with the newbie please.

First, 1.24 carat, round, G, VS1, Excellent Cut, Polish, and Symmetry, HCA of 1.3, BUT it has strong blue florescence. I've read up here on the various opinions and possible milkiness in certain light but the price seems very good for what it is, ~$2000 less than a comparable stone on BN with no fluorescence. And of course I can always return it if is not up to par.
http://www.bluenile.com/round-diamond-1-carat-ideal-cut-g-color-vs1-clarity_LD02219470

Second stone, 1.29 carat, round, G, VS2, Excellent cut, polish, and symmetry, HCA of 1.4, no florescence, more expensive and I've dropped a clarity grade.
http://www.bluenile.com/diamond-search?track=head#diamonds_pid=LD02117222

Not sure if I should just pony up for a similar stone w/ no florescence or try and save 15% or so on this one. Or maybe you'll tell me I'm way off base on both diamonds.

Thanks for your help.
-Chris

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are you wanting to buy from Blue Nile for a specific reason? Like a specific setting? You might be better off--pricewise and because someone can actually view the stone in person--if you go through a site like GoodOldGold.com. There are a few other vendors on here that also have them in-house to look at, though I prefer GOG from past experience with both GOG and other PS recommended vendors.

If you really prefer to go through BN, I like the higher clarity one, but without that being in house with someone able to see it you won't know how the florescence will make the stone look.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would probably take my chances with the first stone. I dont know if BlueNile can ask whoever has the stone if
it goes milky in sunlight. I would ask and see if you can get the answer without having to buy it first. Its very
rare that stones go milky, but if it does you can always send it back.

I have a small stone with strong blue fluor and I love it.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
I'd definitely call BN and ask about the appearance of the first one. I'd be a bit skeptical based on the pricing

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I second Ame. The good thing about BN, though, is that it has a good return policy so you could bring it to an independent appraiser (one who is not involved in selling diamonds.)

99response

Rough_Rock
Not wanting to go though bluenile for any particular reason, but the price of the first diamond is much better than anything else I've been able to find on GOG or other sites. The second diamond just met the specs for a price comparison with the first diamond.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results