shape
carat
color
clarity

Which one looks best? With pics.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luvsdiamonds

Shiny_Rock
For the past little while when I wear my three stone ring, I''ve been wearing either a 4mm yellow gold band with it, or two 2mm white gold bands with it where it is a two tone ring. I''ve also thought about wearing it by itself, but don''t know if the carat weight is big enough to do that with it or not. So below are lots of pics, sorry for so many, but I just want you to be able to see the different styles, so if you wouldn''t mind I would love it if you would let me know the way you think it looks best! Thanks before hand!
5.gif

First I''ll post a pic of the ring by itself.... sorry the pics aren''t of best quality , getting used to a new camera. I guess I could have turned the indoor setting on, since it''s dark and the rain wont stop here.

threestone909.jpg

luvsdiamonds

Shiny_Rock
I just don''t know if the stones are big enough for me to wear it solo...

pinkshirt11.jpg

luvsdiamonds

Shiny_Rock
two 2mm white gold bands....

twowhitebands54.jpg

luvsdiamonds

Shiny_Rock
side shot.... the white gold bands really play up the two tone look....

sidewithbands10.jpg

luvsdiamonds

Shiny_Rock
a little closer shot...

upclose43.jpg

luvsdiamonds

Shiny_Rock
gosh,,, I could have cleaned the yellow gold band before taking pics... sorry....

ygband134.jpg

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
I have to say I like the diamond ring all by itself best. The gold ring is too thick for it, I think and does nothing for it. And I'm just not crazy about the 2 rings flanking it either.

widget

Ideal_Rock
I think they both look great....I''d alternate between the two depending on my mood.

If I had to pick a favorite, I guess I''d pick the WG bands...but why have to choose?

widget

luvsdiamonds

Shiny_Rock
That''s somewhat how I''ve neen feeling to. If I wear it on it''s own,,, will it still have that wedding ring look to it???
emembarrassed.gif

luvsdiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/28/2006 10:58:01 AM
Author: widget
I think they both look great....I''d alternate between the two depending on my mood.

If I had to pick a favorite, I guess I''d pick the WG bands...but why have to choose?

widget

Hi widget!!!
35.gif

I''ve been thinking that the yellow gold band might be a little to much for it,,, you really don''t think so? That''s one reason I''ve been thinking about just doing it by itself or with the two 2mm bands.

Thanks for saying they both look great!
5.gif

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
I love the 3-stone on its own. I do think it's absolutely substantial enough to stand alone!

It can look like a wedding band or an e-ring. Lots of versatility!

The 2 white gold bands flanking it makes a nice look, too.
30.gif

But I think the thick gold band overwhelms your lovely diamond ring! That could definitely stand alone.

Looks like you have many different looks:

Gold band alone
Diamond ring alone
White gold bands together
One WG band alone
Diamond ring + 2 WG bands
Diamond ring + 1 WG band

That's 6! You lucky lady!
31.gif

luvsdiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/28/2006 11:12:33 AM
Author: Julian
I love the 3-stone on its own. I do think it''s absolutely substantial enough to stand alone!

It can look like a wedding band or an e-ring. Lots of versatility!

The 2 white gold bands flanking it makes a nice look, too.
30.gif

But I think the thick gold band overwhelms your lovely diamond ring! That could definitely stand alone.

Looks like you have many different looks:

Gold band alone
Diamond ring alone
White gold bands together
One WG band alone
Diamond ring + 2 WG bands
Diamond ring + 1 WG band

That''s 6! You lucky lady!
31.gif
Thanks sooo much Julian!!!

I do think from now on the only time I will wear the yellow gold band will be on it''s own. And I''m sooo glad that you think my three stone could stand alone.
36.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Your three stone ring is lovely and I think it looks best all by itself (of course I have a three stone myself that I wear alone). It is certainly substantial enough to wear without another ring and it still looks like a wedding ring. It doesn't look bad with the thin bands as a change of pace, but I agree with others that the wider band is too much for it.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I rather like it all on it''s own...the YG band is too thick in my opinion but I do like the thinner WG bands...how about wearing only 1 WG band?

luvsdiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Sundial, The stones really do stand out more with the ring alone. For some reason I just never felt like the ring was substantial enough to wear on it''s own. I''m so glad you ladies have got me to realize that the ring can stand alone.
1.gif

luvsdiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/28/2006 11:44:22 AM
Author: Diamond*Dana
I rather like it all on it''s own...the YG band is too thick in my opinion but I do like the thinner WG bands...how about wearing only 1 WG band?
I''ve thought about just one white gold band,,, but were the three stone is a white gold top with a yellow gold band ,,, I didn''t know how that would look, so I just have always wore one on each side.

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
I like it best with the two white gold bands! Looks great!

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
I like it best with no band next to it. The gold band is too wide for it. Maybe with just one white gold band next to it?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like it alone, and with the two WG bands. No preference, they''re two different looks.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/28/2006 11:03:32 AM
Author: luvsdiamonds

Hi widget!!!
35.gif

I''ve been thinking that the yellow gold band might be a little to much for it,,, you really don''t think so?
No...you''re probably right...

Lately I''m liking all combinations of rings and bands: matchy, non-matchy; big, little; plain, blingy, etc etc...

LOL...maybe I''m spending too much time lurking on the Celebrity Rings Thread!
5.gif

widget

luvsdiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Hi FacetFire, lizz, Ellen, thanks for your replies! I''m thinking when I''m not wearing it by itself I will do the white gold bands... but most of the time I think I will just wear it on it''s own.... and widget, there''s no way you can look to much as celebrity rings!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
first let me say I love your ring!
I have a three stone as well which is a little less than a carat total weight. I wear it on it''s own most of the time. I just like the look of it alone for some reason. I do have a 2mm plain band that I wear with it sometimes but not too often. I would say let the ring take center stage and don''t wear a band. Plus I think it''s more comfortable.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the two white gold bands BECAUSE it plays up the two bands to either side of your diamonds... I think it looks very "complete" - I like it alone as well and with the gold band, but I vastly prefer it with the two wg bands.

luvsdiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/28/2006 12:48:21 PM
Author: diamondsrock
first let me say I love your ring!
I have a three stone as well which is a little less than a carat total weight. I wear it on it''s own most of the time. I just like the look of it alone for some reason. I do have a 2mm plain band that I wear with it sometimes but not too often. I would say let the ring take center stage and don''t wear a band. Plus I think it''s more comfortable.

OMG!!!! diamondsrock,,, that''s sooo awesome... I WANT TO SEE YOUR RING!!!!!! do you have any pics you can post.... it''s soooo fun to find someone who has the same taste in rings as you do!!!!
4.gif

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I like the ring by itself, and then the two white gold bands...I love options!!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
I like it the best alone, but the other two options are fine too, so I would change it around depending on your mood, etc!

luvsdiamonds

Shiny_Rock
thanks for the replies bling*diva* and Rascal!
5.gif

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
I know what you''re saying about the 3 stone ring not looking wedding-y enough when you wear it alone. If you feel that way, I would go with wearing one white gold band with it.

But the 3 stone ring can definitely hold its own. Whenever I see someone wearing just a 3 stone ring alone, I tend to think they''ve been married awhile and got it as an anniversary gift.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results