shape
carat
color
clarity

Which one is better? fancy deep/fancy

lunazhou

Rough_Rock
I am looking for a green diamond, still dont know how to choose the color, can anyone give me some suggestions?

Which color is better? fancy grayish yellowish green and fancy deep grayish yellowish green? fancy deep diamond seems more expensive, but I feel fancy deep is a litter bit dark :rolleyes: how to choose? :love:

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have only done a little reading about fancy colored diamonds. There are education articles online here about them.
I believe deep is more expensive (like the other diamonds, some think rarity doesn't make better but it is more expensive).
Probably because it is more concentration of color as in deeper color, like I would say deep orange rather than pale or pastel
orange though not in clothes but in diamonds it means more of the chemical giving it that rare color. Don't see Kenny
online but he is a prosumer who knows a lot about fancy color. Maybe some of the professionals like Wink may be around
later and can give you a definite answer. Look at pricing and you will see the deeper pinks for instance are more expensive than light pale pinks. Though none of them are cheap ofcourse as it is diamond.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just wanted to add, as don't know if you are into purity and all. Kenny has a green diamond and I remember him saying that green is a very rare color and that his has not been treated and how GIA knew this was because of a bit of the skin of the diamond left on where
there is a natural on his diamond. This proved his diamond has not been irradiated. I am not sure but what I believe is that in the rare color Kenny has it is very very rare so a lot are not actually untreated and only GIA would be the way to go. With other modifiers in color such as yellow, grey it will cost less or more
affordable. Kenny has very nice colored diamonds. Do a search on his posts under the name Kenny to see them. However, warning, it ruins you for all other colored diamonds I am afraid. He also has great photography as in professional skills and this makes the stones look bigger being close up and photographed true to color, absolutely beautiful they are.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lunazhou|1460214814|4017276 said:
I am looking for a green diamond, still dont know how to choose the color, can anyone give me some suggestions?

Three ways to choose the color come to mind:
1. The color you love.
2. The color others love.
3. The color that gives you the most size for your budget.

I'm all about #1.
That means #3 goes out the window.
Hence my FCDs are tiny. (But I have groovy high-magnification macrophotography gear :lol: )
#2 is not too important to me when shopping, though I do love to share pics of my babies. :sun:

Of course there's is nothing wrong with giving more weight (pardon the pun) to #2 and #3.
People just vary.

lunazhou|1460214814|4017276 said:
Which color is better? fancy grayish yellowish green and fancy deep grayish yellowish green? fancy deep diamond seems more expensive, but I feel fancy deep is a litter bit dark :rolleyes: how to choose? :love:

Again, there is no 'better'.
I suspect you're asking which color is more highly-valued by the market.
Sorry, I don't know which.
Here are some reasons I've given up trying to analyze FCD prices.
There are so many hues and combination of hues (primary, secondary, and tertiary), nine tone/saturation levels, stingy old nature giving us very few examples of each for comparison the vast majority of which are not for sale with published prices.

Clearly there are a few broad FCD pricing rules.
Price descends from Red to Brown, but I've noticed the precise order of the hues varies.
The price peaks at the tone/saturation grade of Vivid.
Those are easy black and white rules, but as your questions get more detailed the answers become more ... "Well, it depends."

A few people can answer your question, "Which color is better? fancy grayish yellowish green and fancy deep grayish yellowish green? "
I'm sure the folks who run www.leibish.com know.
But an FCD vendor detailing on the Internet what's less desirable might make those FCDs harder to sell, aka drop their value.

Understandably diamond vendors want to sell every diamond in their safes.
[Keep this in mind when diamond vendors post here. While most are ethical, I know of one whose posts here are often polluted with self-interest.]

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pyramid|1460216070|4017290 said:
I just wanted to add, as don't know if you are into purity and all. Kenny has a green diamond and I remember him saying that green is a very rare color and that his has not been treated and how GIA knew this was because of a bit of the skin of the diamond left on where
there is a natural on his diamond. This proved his diamond has not been irradiated. I am not sure but what I believe is that in the rare color Kenny has it is very very rare so a lot are not actually untreated and only GIA would be the way to go. With other modifiers in color such as yellow, grey it will cost less or more
affordable. Kenny has very nice colored diamonds. Do a search on his posts under the name Kenny to see them. However, warning, it ruins you for all other colored diamonds I am afraid. He also has great photography as in professional skills and this makes the stones look bigger being close up and photographed true to color, absolutely beautiful they are.

Stop it Pyramid.
Just stop it right now.
I hate all this attention, :liar: so just stop it. :lol:

No seriously, thanks for the kind words.
And since I hate attention so much here are some of the FCD threads mentioned.
I'm happy to be one of the many members who have contributed to FCD edjumakation here at PS. :wavey:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/fancy-colored-diamond-collection.159746/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/fancy-colored-diamond-collection.159746/[/URL]

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/update-my-tiny-fancy-colored-diamond-collection.153063/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/update-my-tiny-fancy-colored-diamond-collection.153063/[/URL]

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:D Love your fancy colored diamonds :lickout: :lickout: :lickout: :lickout:

lunazhou

Rough_Rock
Hi Kenny, thanks for your explanation, I still dont know how to choose this two diamonds:

1, fancy deep grayish yellowish green, si2 clarity but with a visible feather on the surface near the edge :roll:
2,fancy grayish yellowish green, si1 clarity eye clean diamond

cut/weight of these two seems the same

the price just almost the same, so, which one more valued?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lunazhou|1460246535|4017416 said:
the price just almost the same, so, which one more valued?

Whichever one YOU value more.
Can't decide? ... then flip a coin.

At this stage I'm starting to suspect you have a case of analysis paralysis.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi Lunazhou
Since the stones you're looking at are conpound colors it becomes impossible to say which is worth more without personally inspecting them. Even the case of pure Fancy Deep Yellow- I've seen such stones priced quite low and in other cases when the stone had exceptional color, it could be priced very much like a vivid yellow ( expensive)
In general if a stone has grey it's considered a detection on paper. But one thing I love about stones in these categories is that the actual appearance plays a huge role in the desirability and therefore the price.
Are both stones from the sale seller?
Maybe you can get a side by side picture to help you decide.

Kenny- if you see a vendor breaking the rules you should immediately report it. PS management run an exceptionally clean forum and I'm sure they will appreciate it.

lunazhou

Rough_Rock
Rockdiamond|1460257272|4017477 said:
Hi Lunazhou
Since the stones you're looking at are conpound colors it becomes impossible to say which is worth more without personally inspecting them. Even the case of pure Fancy Deep Yellow- I've seen such stones priced quite low and in other cases when the stone had exceptional color, it could be priced very much like a vivid yellow ( expensive)
In general if a stone has grey it's considered a detection on paper. But one thing I love about stones in these categories is that the actual appearance plays a huge role in the desirability and therefore the price.
Are both stones from the sale seller?
Maybe you can get a side by side picture to help you decide.

Hi Rockdiamond, thanks so much for your explanation, both stones are from jamesallen,
1, http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/fancy-color/green/oval-cut/1.05-carat-i1-clarity-sku-954275
2, http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/fancy-color/brown/oval-cut/1.06-carat-si2-clarity-sku-653718

May I know your thoughts? Many thanks

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Forum rules state that I can only give general advice as opposed to commenting on a particular stone or stones from another vendor.
Of course I'm happy to offer general advice.

BeekeeperBetty

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I like the second one better, but James Allen says it is unavailable. The only reason is the color. The color of the first one does nothing for me.

What color are you looking for? I know green, but what kind of green? I tend to prefer the bright grass green colors, personally. I think the greyish modifier in the ones you are looking at isn't doing much for me. But this is me personally, colored diamonds are a matter of taste. What do you like?

I don't know your price range, but this one has a very nice color: http://www.diamondsbylauren.com/index.php/jewelry/loose-green-diamond-91ct-fancy-green-yellow-vs1-cushion-cut-diamond-gia-r7045

I don't know anything about this vendor, but Wonder Jewelers has a large database, and their stones have GIA certs. I have been searching through them to get some ideas of prices and what I like and don't like, and then I was going to contact another vendor and see if they can get any stones I am interested in.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Between the two you posted I prefer the darker one.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results