shape
carat
color
clarity

Which one? - I am still so undecided...

VeryUndecided

Shiny_Rock
Loving at the fire on the current stone motivated me to discuss the future :) Huh! I think in a couple of years (knock on wood!) we might be looking at completely different ideas. We will see then. For now, I enjoy my little ring fire ::D

Last edited:

Mamajemmy

Shiny_Rock
Loving the fire on the current stone motivated me to discuss the future :) Huh! I think in a couple of years (knock on wood!) we might be looking at completely different ideas. We will see then. For now, I enjoy my little ring fire ::D

Oooo like what?!

VeryUndecided

Shiny_Rock
Since I love this little fire ;-) so much, I am thinking, bigger fire would be better, wouldn't it? ;-) But I do not want to challenge fate too much.

In a couple of years, if all goes well with our business, we will know more, in terms of our possibilities - and I seriously do not want to wear anything too valuable since I am on foot 95% of the time. Since getting the ring and seeing how much I treasure and enjoy it, my husband asked T's if they could also upgrade my little (1c +) solitaire earrings but apparently, no. We were thinking 2 carat each. So, let's see what happens. I also have a Tiffany's Victoria diamond bracelet and ring, which are mostly sleeping in their boxes :) Perhaps I could exchange them for something I love to wear every day. Who knows.

Life is so short. My niece already half-owns most of my stuff and she's welcomed to more! :) Let's have fun ladies (and gentlemen) as long as it lasts. Enjoy your lovely sparkles and no bad feelings! :D

Ceilimom

Brilliant_Rock
Your suggestion reminded me that many years ago I was looking at some diamond solitaires at T & Co and was in a private viewing room with the sales associate. I went to do exactly what you said, to see what the ring looked like without all the fancy lights. I was admonished by the sales associate and told that I must keep the ring within view of the associate!

So glad that there are other people who have the need to view stones out of the glaring sparkle lights. I give the said item back to the sales person and have them position it below the counter, out of the direct light, etc.

LittleKite

Shiny_Rock
Diamond A: too deep pavilion
Diamond B: Length and width different by 0.05mm, not very symmetric, it is also a little bit shallow.
Overall, I think B will slightly outperform A in light performance.

VeryUndecided

Shiny_Rock
Diamond A: too deep pavilion
Diamond B: Length and width different by 0.05mm, not very symmetric, it is also a little bit shallow.
Overall, I think B will slightly outperform A in light performance.

Of course you are totally right. I am not sure how much these factors would affect the light performance of the diamond. Maybe a lot. I do not have enough knowledge to judge it. Do you know how it works? Could you please explain it to me? Or post some pics for comparison? I’d love to compare and learn.

It did worry me a bit that the stone was not completely round. But now that I had a chance to live with it for a week I just think: symmetry, schmigetry :D It sparkles like crazy anyway! :D

I know very well that is is not perfect. It is not flawless, only VVS2. Perhaps if I let the ants crawling into my living room live and permanently refrain from ever having tuna sashimi again, in the next life I'll get better Karma and some super amazing flawless diamond. But for now, this one is nice enough for me :D

I am really wondering how other people diamonds must sparkle if this is what I get from my imperfect stone under simple sunlight. Of course, there is always room for improvment so I’d love to see some other pics for inspiration. Thanks!

These ones are just from today - my new hobby :)).

BDFD5594-CCF3-4697-861B-9C2DF272040E.jpeg B43CF68F-866C-4A51-A574-E63F48A4C60B.jpeg E6ACEC9F-4378-4159-8102-586309D1860F.jpeg

I would absolutely love to see some pictures of the perfect diamonds out there. Do they sparkle even more? I imagine they must be just fabulous.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your new ring - it is beautiful! Your pictures are really very good and I am so happy for you that you are enjoying your new ring so much!!

Is your wedding band the Tiffany Embrace? Tell us about the specs of it too please! You will have to be careful about the girdles of the wedding band not eating into the prongs of your new ring. Have you considered a spacer to wear between the two rings?

VeryUndecided

Shiny_Rock
Congrats on your new ring - it is beautiful! Your pictures are really very good and I am so happy for you that you are enjoying your new ring so much!!

Is your wedding band the Tiffany Embrace? Tell us about the specs of it too please! You will have to be careful about the girdles of the wedding band not eating into the prongs of your new ring. Have you considered a spacer to wear between the two rings?

Hey,

Thank you!

I have only learned about spacers from reading the forum. I have tried a 2 mm one at Tiffany’s but I did not love the look of it so I am having a 1 mm made. However, Tiffany’s assured me that this combination of wedding ring and the e-ring would be safe as long as they all come in for a yearly “check up”, which Tiffany’s guarantees for life anyway. They have told me that they can polish the prongs.

I’d better be safe than sorry so I am having the thinest possible spacer made from platinum. If I won’t like it, I won’t wear it but why not have one just in case?

I am not sure what the name of my wedding ring is. My husband would have to look it up. It is basically Tiffany’s round diamonds going around the finger. Just like a tennis bracelet but smaller :D

P.S.
I have just checked and the wedding ring is Tiffany’s Embrace. I am not sure how many carats it was but it was the biggest they had at the time. It is very sturdy and sparkly. It looks fabulous on its own or in combination with an e-ring.

Last edited:

LittleKite

Shiny_Rock
I love your pictures! The light is dancing like a disco!

In reality I think there will not be much visible difference between an "ideal cut" or "super ideal cut". Searching for super ideal cut is just a lot of fun.

Here is my story. Seven years ago I bought a pair of stud earrings from Blue Nile. At that time blue nile did not at 360 degree view and I did not know much about diamonds -- I only knew that crown angle should be 34.5 and pavilion should be 40.8. I finally picked two diamonds very close in size, each was 0.61ct G color. The difference was that one has a 34.5 degree crown, 40.8 degree pavilion, and 56% table, while the other one has 35 crown, 41 pavilion, and 58% table. On paper we know that one clearly outperforms the other, but in my eyes, the two diamonds match each other very well and over the years, I could not tell which one is which. Only until recently that I bought an idealscope tool from this forum and used it to check them, I can tell that the 58% table one has leakage under the table. :)

Of course you are totally right. I am not sure how much these factors would affect the light performance of the diamond. Maybe a lot. I do not have enough knowledge to judge it. Do you know how it works? Could you please explain it to me? Or post some pics for comparison? I’d love to compare and learn.

It did worry me a bit that the stone was not completely round. But now that I had a chance to live with it for a week I just think: symmetry, schmigetry :D It sparkles like crazy anyway! :D

I know very well that is is not perfect. It is not flawless, only VVS2. Perhaps if I let the ants crawling into my living room live and permanently refrain from ever having tuna sashimi again, in the next life I'll get better Karma and some super amazing flawless diamond. But for now, this one is nice enough for me :D

I am really wondering how other people diamonds must sparkle if this is what I get from my imperfect stone under simple sunlight. Of course, there is always room for improvment so I’d love to see some other pics for inspiration. Thanks!

BDFD5594-CCF3-4697-861B-9C2DF272040E.jpeg B43CF68F-866C-4A51-A574-E63F48A4C60B.jpeg E6ACEC9F-4378-4159-8102-586309D1860F.jpeg

I would absolutely love to see some pictures of the perfect diamonds out there. Do they sparkle even more? I imagine they must be just fabulous.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey,

Thank you!

I have only learned about spacers from reading the forum. I have tried a 2 mm one at Tiffany’s but I did not love the look of it so I am having a 1 mm made. However, Tiffany’s assured me that this combination of wedding ring and the e-ring would be safe as long as they all come in for a yearly “check up”, which Tiffany’s guarantees for life anyway. They have told me that they can polish the prongs.

I’d better be safe than sorry so I am having the thinest possible spacer made from platinum. If I won’t like it, I won’t wear it but why not have one just in case?

I am not sure what the name of my wedding ring is. My husband would have to look it up. It is basically Tiffany’s round diamonds going around the finger. Just like a tennis bracelet but smaller :D

P.S.
I have just checked and the wedding ring is Tiffany’s Embrace. I am not sure how many carats it was but it was the biggest they had at the time. It is very sturdy and sparkly. It looks fabulous on its own or in combination with an e-ring.

It makes a beautiful set - I thought it was the Embrace. Glad you are going to try a spacer. Not sure anyone is crazy about the idea but you are correct - better safe than sorry!
Enjoy your rings as they are truly lovely!!

VeryUndecided

Shiny_Rock
It makes a beautiful set - I thought it was the Embrace. Glad you are going to try a spacer. Not sure anyone is crazy about the idea but you are correct - better safe than sorry!
Enjoy your rings as they are truly lovely!!

Thank you for your helpful suggestions! So many people just say, ah nee, not gonna say anything. Please, always let me know what I could do better! How am I supposed to learn otherwise?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your helpful suggestions! So many people just say, ah nee, not gonna say anything. Please, always let me know what I could do better! How am I supposed to learn otherwise?

Yes, it is always best to gather as much information as you can. Ultimately, the decisions are up to you but an informed decision is always best. There is a lot to learn from this site and I hope you will stick around. You could always do a SMTB thread with your many beautiful pictures. There are those that express interest in Tiffany rings so your pictures would get more views there and be very helpful.

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock

How do you like an H color? (mine pictured is an H as well - at first I was hesitant but it turned out to look so white - even from the side view.) I read that you were able to see the difference between G and H. I was also picking between these two colors and almost had my eyes crossed but could not see a difference. Not one bit and I checked them unmounted upside down. Maybe, if they both were under a controlled environment... but who check stones that way once mounted? So I picked an H - better (to me) stats and fire.

Also, I would like to see your ring from the profile as well if you do not mind - mine look so similar to yours. I love looking at the classic Tiffany settings.

Since you asked, here is mine in a direct sunlight.
IMG_0570.JPG

Last edited:

VeryUndecided

Shiny_Rock
How do you like an H color? (mine pictured is an H as well - at first I was hesitant but it turned out to look so white - even from the side view.) I read that you were able to see the difference between G and H. I was also picking between these two colors and almost had my eyes crossed but could not see a difference. Not one bit and I checked them unmounted upside down. Maybe, if they both were under a controlled environment... but who check stones that way once mounted? So I picked an H - better (to me) stats and fire.

Also, I would like to see your ring from the profile as well if you do not mind - mine look so similar to yours. I love looking at the classic Tiffany settings.

Since you asked, here is mine in a direct sunlight.
IMG_0570.JPG

OMG. What beauty! The Fire! Awww! i
Love your pics! Your ring is tripple gorgeous plus! I adore it! Can I see more pics please?

As far as me seeing the difference between a G and an H, it was only possible to see when the rings were right next to each other: Otherwise, no.

I am gonna try to take profile picd and post them here: My husband and my little dogs are a bit little critical of how much time I am spending with the iphone camers :) but I’ll see what is doable.

Your pictures are beyond smazing! Thanks for posting!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results