shape
carat
color
clarity

Which on-line vendors offer an upgrade program?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DillPickle

Rough_Rock
Subject says it all... can anyone mention which on-line vendors offer upgrade programs for there diamonds? Experiences if any? Requirements for the upgrade? TIA

D.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I know a number of the vendors around here have upgrade programs on their diamonds. Most of them have requirements when it comes to the upgrade, for instance, the "upgrade" diamond needs to be at least 20% more $$ over the price of the "old" diamond, if that makes sense...I know this is the policy of Engagement Rings Direct, which is where we bought our diamond. But in the grand scheme of things, when most people upgrade, that number is hit easily, you know? I know other vendors like Whiteflash and Good Old Gold have upgrade policies, but I dont know specifics. Its probably best to do your research on this and then decide which vendor fits the bill for you.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
dani mentioned a few...jamesallen also offers a diamond upgrade program. Vendors can be known to change their policy''s so you might just want to go to each of their websites and read the current upgrade/trade in info...

Bluehammer

Shiny_Rock
Whiteflash current policy is 100% value of purchase price on a trade up.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/24/2006 9:06:58 AM
Author: Bluehammer
Whiteflash current policy is 100% value of purchase price on a trade up.

for GIA and AGS cert stones...EGL doesn''t qualify....

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Perhaps dated, but possibly useful info here, found in the FAQs section.

Go Blue 99

Rough_Rock
So in essence, Whiteflash has a lifetime "store credit" return policy?

Let''s say you buy an e-ring from them, but don''t plan on upgrading until 10th or 25th anniversary. In this case, since the upgrade is so long away, can you still safely assume the same policy will be in effect?

DillPickle

Rough_Rock
Thanks to all for the responses and thanks to Regular for the link provided. That helped a bunch.

DillPickle

Rough_Rock
Date: 8/24/2006 9:43:34 AM
Author: Go Blue 99
So in essence, Whiteflash has a lifetime ''store credit'' return policy?

Let''s say you buy an e-ring from them, but don''t plan on upgrading until 10th or 25th anniversary. In this case, since the upgrade is so long away, can you still safely assume the same policy will be in effect?

Blue,

Here''s what I found on Whiteflash''s Trade Up Policy

Lifetime Trade Up
  • At any point after you have purchased your diamond from Whiteflash.com, you may contact us to trade up your diamond.
  • The trade up value will be for the full purchase amount.
  • Diamond needs to be in its original undamaged condition and accompanied by its original certificate.
  • If original certificate has been misplaced, there is a $200 re-certification charge.
  • Please note that EGL certified diamonds do not qualify for our one year buy back or lifetime upgrade policy.
  • Setting and applicable charges may apply.
So in essence, yes... "store credit"

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results