carat
color
clarity

Which of your purchases surprised you?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Everyone,

Now that I've actually owned jewelry for a couple of years, I'm discovering that some pieces I absolutely thought I HAD to have, I actually didn't. And pieces that I wasn't too sure about, I wear all the time. (Maybe this does not apply to people who have extensive collections, which by nature means they cannot wear everything all the time.) Which of your pieces have surprised you? Please post pics if you can.

I'll start.

I thought I would wear my carre cut eternity band all the time. Actually I seldom wear it at all.
dsc_0120.jpg

And the tennis bracelet that I thought I would wear, maybe half-time, I wear daily, and never take off except to clean.
img_4315__1_.jpg

nycspring

Shiny_Rock
Wow, that carre cut eternity is gorgeous!! Are you able to wear it with your VC Jocelyn? If not, I can see why it doesn't get worn too often. ;)) Love your tennis bracelet as well! :love:

I was most surprised by my recent 6 prong solitaire- I always, always thought that I hated 6 prongs and 4 prongs were the way for me. The main reason was that all the 6 prong solitaires I've seen in the real world have been dirty (literally lol) and I didn't realize how beautiful the profile view can be with a clean diamond! PS (and all the PS'ers gorgeous, CLEAN stones) showed me how beautiful 6 prongs can be. :bigsmile:

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mine is my scatter band..loved it..still do..but never and I do mean never wear it...I am thinking of selling it..but just cant bring myself to do it....

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
I have two rings I never wear- my Cartier Trinity rolling ring in the xxs size and a ruby and diamond eternity band. Both were gifts, so I could never sell them, but they don't get the wear they deserve.

I wear my Tiffany Lucida 3mm yellow gold band a lot. I originally bought it as a back up wedding ring but have really been enjoying the comfort of the ring- so simple, yet like no plain band I've tried on yet.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I never wore my Cartier Trinity XL rolling ring... I thought I would wear it all the time before I putchased it... It has now been sold.

I wear my 'dipped in sugar' halo ring quite often. I thought it would be an occassional ring, since I am not a halo girl at heart and since the center stone is relatively small. The ring is so well made by Victor: it is always a pleasure wearing it.

_31411.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought I would only wear one of the 2 wedding bands I bought to go with my OEC but I find myself wearing both of them with Bea most of the time. Except for the warmest days where I can only fit one of them with Bea.

As for which purchases I bought thinking I would wear them more that includes many unfortunately. My eyes are bigger than what I could possibly wear much of the time. I go in cycles however and hope I will get back to wearing some of them with time. My rolex watch and my Cartier tank I wore nonstop for years but now I haven't worn any watch for over a year though I have little doubt I will begin wearing a watch again when I feel like it.

Earrings I have too many to count but rotate between a few favorites but again with time I bet I will begin wearing others again so I don't feel badly about those purchases. I like variety but only over long time spans so I tend to wear the same bling for a year or 2 and then my preferences change for another year or so where I change it up. With the exception of my ER and WBs which I always wear every day.

LLJsmom, you know I love your Carre cut eternity band. It looks beautiful in your lovely hands. :love: You could be a hand model with those hands!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If there's one thing that I've found over the years, it's that what you wear is mostly habit (unless you actually don't like a piece). But if it's something you like but don't wear, it's mostly a habit not to wear it.

Wear it, and you'll fall in love with it all over again.

I have found this numerous times on digging out a piece that I really like but which I never wear. I wear it, and within a few days/couple of weeks I wear it all the time and am attached to it, as well as liking it in theory.

grateful4life

Shiny_Rock
Acinom|1435137421|3893409 said:
I never wore my Cartier Trinity XL rolling ring... I thought I would wear it all the time before I putchased it... It has now been sold.

I wear my 'dipped in sugar' halo ring quite often. I thought it would be an occassional ring, since I am not a halo girl at heart and since the center stone is relatively small. The ring is so well made by Victor: it is always a pleasure wearing it.

Wow, Acinom, that ring is stunning. It's such a gorgeous blue (what kind of stone is that?) and the setting...pure perfection. I'd wear it every day too :)

grateful4life

Shiny_Rock
I got these 1 ctw diamond studs about 15 years ago and NEVER wore them. About 6 months ago, I had them reset like this and now I wear them all the time!

diamond_drop_earrings.jpg

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got this Tiffany Victoria ring - love the design of it, but I'm disappointed in the diamonds themselves - bowties, mushy, and just not sparkly like a diamond should be. :???:

img_8415.jpg

img_8414.jpg

Zizzy

Shiny_Rock
Great thread!

Surprise 1: I bought a cheap silver Russian wedding ring from a stall in Covent Garden about 10 years ago in the full expectation that it would tarnish or go green in the blink of an eye. It's still going strong and I really like it! Now I've got an engagement ring as well as my mother's ring, I don't really wear it and I miss it. Sorry about the rubbish photo.

Surprise 2: Although I do love the 1.37 carat Cartuer eternity that I bought to wear with my heirloom ring, I don't wear it every day and my ring-cleanliness obsession bugs me with it a bit as does the feel of it. It makes me even happier that the Bloke didn't buy me a pave band solitaire (my preference) and went with plain solitaire. I would like an eternity to go with my e-ring at some point and my shared prong full eternity experience is making me think I might want to go with a Tiffany three-quarter 2mm channel set eternity rather than the pave that first appealed to me.

_31516.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I guess for one, my diamond tennis bracelet is only worn a few times a year when I am dressed in something besides jeans or whatever casual clothes I normally wear! I thought at the time that it was a necessary staple, but I honestly wear bracelets less than any other type of jewelry. The infrequent wear is the one thing that has held me back from upgrading it (it is pre-PS and good quality but not like H&A)!

I also have some beautiful pearl jewelry that I never wear. I wear my basic diamond pieces (studs, wedding set, pendant or long DBTY) and the Cartier watch 95% of the time!!!!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
For me, the biggest surprise, was my rose gold OEC JBEG DBTY I purchased preloved a few years ago. I wear it constantly. I love it so.

I want a platinum DBTY to stack together, but am trying to decide if I want larger stations or smaller. I DO want the stations closer together. Any ideas ladies? I'd 'think' (translation: at the moment...) I like the chain a bit larger, to provide a bit more contrast with the rose gold. I think DS's new preloved DBTY bracelet has the larger chain. Here are a few pics of my various bracelet stacks.

However, these days, when I wear a tennis bracelet, I feel a bit 'over done', YKWIM? Too much on a daily basis. I used to wear my original tennis bracelet daily, but for some reason have backed it down bit the last few years. My newer WF bracelet I feel is just too much daily, but its so gorgeous. Maybe just I need to get over it & wear it.

I do have a WF plat DBTY with sapphires & Diamonds. When I wear it with my RG DBTY, I don't like the look. Hence, my inspiration to get a custom plat DBTY with enough design difference to contrast slightly, i.e. either larger or smaller stations, closer together & perhaps a chain difference.

img_8421.jpg

img_8425.jpg

img_8422.jpg

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is Weird Harold. I never thought about getting a rose cut stone until I saw Weird Harold (from T & Co.)

_31664.jpg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What I always wear; a bangle - either gold or silver depending on the color of the metal I'm wearing - but virtually every day. I love them because they're heavy, smooth, not glitzy and they never catch on anything.

What I NEVER wear - and thought I would wear - these gorgeous hanadama pearl studs from pearl paradise in these diamond jackets, bought from GOG and .72ctw (2 1/2 pt stones). They're great quality, about 10mm across (ergo can be seen, but not gaudy at all) and would go well with virtually everything. But...nope. Never.

img_8453.jpg

MrsWhitney

Shiny_Rock
My engagement ring. As some know, I lost/had it stolen and got a Graff replacement. Now it sits in a safe. Too afraid.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results