shape
carat
color
clarity

Which of these would be closest to Holy Grail Ripples?

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
This year's ruckus is in three weeks

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful.

So if in regular pearls, these irregularities of the surface may indicate dyed Chinese freshwater pearls, in real Kasumi, the surface is more rippled and irregular as compared to dyed Chinese "Kasumi-like" ones, right?

Is there any other way to tell real from Chinese?

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
I would call Sarah and ask her at Kojima pearls.

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
The Chinese ripples can be anywhere from extremely rippled to barely rippled. From pale 'Sherbert' colour to dark plum/green/raspberry. They run the gamut in ripple, colour and size. Large sizes are not uncommon or rare. If you want to expand your search to check out colours and prices then there are lots of Ripple strands out in ETSY by two of the larger Chinese sellers. I think if you search Edison and Ripple you will find them . I think many people have had good luck with both of them and the prices are so reasonable that it's hard to go wrong . I think they will also provide a photo of the strand you choose - you can always ask for one before you buy.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Katbran, this I already did. I suspect that all of them in this string are Chinese, and I bought several flame-colored ones from Chinese vendors on Etsy. They are cheap, but one might be prepared for surprises as well - I ordered a bracelet, and instead got 13 pearls, not knotted in a bracelet :). (I once got a half-assembled safe from a Chinese vendor on Amazon, with unexpected spare parts, so do-it-yourself bracelet was a tiny problem compared to a safe. But I wonder if they just threw the first ones they saw into a box and called it a day).

So I got all these flameballs and interspersed them with keshis. Luckily, i had spacers so different sizes of the holes were not a problem.

String worn by a kid. He likes it. I think that it should be his. Or else, 20170722_162836_20170803215956902.jpg 20170724_222545.jpg soon I shall make something different out of it. The pearls are not well-matched, but a good illustration of "everything shiny met online". I think I like darker ones most, or else, these pink neons...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results