shape
carat
color
clarity

Which of these two diamonds would you go with.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dixichick983

Rough_Rock
Stock number: A12504
Measurement: 5.79 - 5.77 x 3.59
Carat weight: 0.73
Cut: Premium
Color: F
Clarity: VVS1
Depth%: 62.1%
Table%: 58%
Symmetry: Excellent
Polish: Very Good
Girdle: Medium to Slightly Thick, Faceted
Culet: None
Fluorescence: None
Comment: Dossier

Price: $3587.00

Stock number: Y5471
Measurement: 5.74 - 5.69 x 3.56
Carat weight: 0.73
Cut: Premium
Color: D
Clarity: VVS2
Depth%: 62.3%
Table%: 58%
Symmetry: Good
Polish: Good
Girdle: Thin to Slightly Thick, Faceted
Culet: None
Fluorescence: None
Comment: Dossier
Price: $3772.00

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Patience

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are rounds, right ? Gimme light return characteristics (like this, say) and I''ll definitely tell
2.gif

IMO, grading reason stops at VS1. I could never understand what the higher grades are good for
7.gif

dixichick983

Rough_Rock
Yes they are rounds, sorry I forgot to put that. The website I was looking at was Diamonds On Web, and I didn''t see any of the light return stuff on there. I don''t think they show it on any of them. Basically we are looking for between a .70-.75 carat, very high in color, the clarity I guess isn''t as important as long as it''s eye clean. The price range we are trying to stay within is $3000-$4000. We''ve been looking for a little over two months we''re just trying to get a general idea of what that will cost, and what''s a good price and what''s not.

Patience

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
I agree with PG. VVS clairty is overkill unless it is important to you mentally. (It only makes a mental difference compared to VS). You have a solid budget for your size range, so I would not sacrafice on cut/light return. If the vendor can''t give you the info, I''d go to one who can. The light return and cut specs are what will make the diamonds come alive.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
I know a gal who used DOW. The nice thing is that they will ship to a local jeweler for you to preview without having to pay in advance. Several PS Vendors will ship to an approved appraiser in your area without requiring payment in advance for you to preview the diamond. DOW also has fairly good policies, but does not provide light return information.

Your best bet, if you want to use DOW is to look for diamonds with an AGS Cert. You'll have the crown and pavillion angles to use to crunch the HCA and get a fairly good idea of what to expect.

Of two you posted, #1 sounds like it has potential to be the nicer diamond of the 2. Exc symmetry as opposed to good. Generally speaking, better performing diamonds have higher rated symmetry.

PG has give you a nice list of possible candidates that are known performers. Each and every one of those diamonds is in-house and on hand with Vendors who can give you tons of information before you take the plunge.

Lop makes a good suggestion too. Clarity costs money. More so than color. If you can mentally drop to a lower level you can maximize your buying power.

Also,........ Have you spent any time looking at really well cut diamonds?? Color is graded table down thru the body of the diamond while diamonds are worn table up. Well cut diamonds face up much "whiter" and brighter than their actual color grade. So if you haven't seen any really well cut diamonds live and in person, you might spend some time looking. Learn the color level that suits you. You may be pleasantly surprised to find that an H or even I colored diamond will work for you. And G/H/I diamonds don't come with the pricing premium of the colorless D/E/F diamonds.

Good luck in your diamond shopping experience.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results