shape
carat
color
clarity

Which of these stones do you prefer?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ussd

Rough_Rock
Stone#1

Report: GIA
Shape: Round Ideal Cut
Carat: 0.49
Color: F
Clarity: VS1
Depth: 62.1
Table: 55
Girdle: Thin to Slightly Thick
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Very Good
Culet: Pointed
Fluorescence: No
Measurements: 5.05-5.09X3.15

Stone #2

Report: GIA
Shape: Round Ideal Cut
Carat: 0.49
Color: G
Clarity: VS2
Depth: 61.3
Table: 56
Crown Angle: 35
Crown %: 15.1
Pavilion Angle: 41
Pavilion %: 43.3
Girdle: Medium-Faceted
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Culet: None
Fluorescence: No
Measurements: 5.09-5.13X3.13

Thanks!
21.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would rather know the bit of info available for #2 and lacking for #1 (those angles). It isn''t the most precise way of reporting cut quality, but still better than nothing! Given the size, the difference between these high color grades should be nominal in person.

VS... is a safe bet - be it VS1 or 2.

My 2c

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome
35.gif
Diamond number 2 seems better. The first is a little on the deep side. Number 2 scored a 2.2 on the Holloway Cut Advisor - worth buying if the price is right. In this size you could certainly drop the clarity and still have a very clean diamond. As you have probably realized, cut is crucial for beauty. Personally I think you could maybe look at some others unless you have seen these and love them. We would be very happy to help you look if you would like. If you give us an idea of budget we can work from there. Also with the colour a G or H can still be very white. Is the .5 carat your preferred size? You could go larger if you like by dropping the colour and clarity but never compromise on cut quality. Are these with an online vendor?

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Even without the crown and pav angles on #1, I would pass it by (too deep, IMHO).

Number #2 may well be a lovely diamond - have you seen it in person? However, it is considered a steep/deep combo, and if you do a search, you will find LOTS of info on that.

Honestly, if it were me, I''d keep looking. And, oh, BTW, I am a shameless SIZE GIRL
31.gif
and "cut" and "size" are most important to me. So I would drop color and clarity (although I insist on eye-clean!) and get a BIGGER stone for the same money!
36.gif

ussd

Rough_Rock
What would you consider a fair price for diamond #2?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like #2, the first one is a tad too deep. Where did you find these?? Have you seen them or are they from an online vendor??

ussd

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/4/2006 6:10:10 PM
Author: kaleigh
I like #2, the first one is a tad too deep. Where did you find these?? Have you seen them or are they from an online vendor??

They are from an online vendor.

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Hi USSD,

If I remember right from the other thread your budget is about $1,500.00.

I went window shopping and this is the one I would personally pick. Since you are working with WF, I put in some parameters on the search page and looked at about 4. This is the one that I think is going to look the best.

wf es choice 101.JPG

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
this is the best one that I found, it also rec''d a 1.6 on the HCA based on the sarin... the others I saw got 2 or higher.

1 choice es diamond wf.JPG

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Also, I wouldn''t hesitate or be afraid of an I colored diamond.

It is an ideal cut, and looks like light return, fire etc is excellent.

It is worth checking into, call up Whiteflash, and have them be your eyes. Ask them how white does this diamond face up.

You might just be surprised!

Best wishes and good luck!
35.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2006 8:25:57 PM
Author: Mrs Darlin Joy
Hi USSD,

If I remember right from the other thread your budget is about $1,500.00.

I went window shopping and this is the one I would personally pick. Since you are working with WF, I put in some parameters on the search page and looked at about 4. This is the one that I think is going to look the best.
MDJ,
Good detective work!
2.gif
I like all the numbers except the depth of that stone, though. It will look a little small for its size. I like to see a .50 stone at about 5.2mm.

(BTW, how did you put the HCA score and the WF page into this thread like that?!! Tricky!)

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/4/2006 10:23:54 PM
Author: Lynn B

MDJ,
Good detective work!
2.gif
I like all the numbers except the depth of that stone, though. It will look a little small for its size. I like to see a .50 stone at about 5.2mm.

(BTW, how did you put the HCA score and the WF page into this thread like that?!! Tricky!)
Hi Lynn!

Ya know, I wished that WF had a bscope of their diamonds. I think it''s going to take a lotta looking to find a stone under his budget with the preferable tabel %''s etc... and know that the diamond is going to sparkle, face up white, and look like a .50ct.

I don''t know how much time he has, personally, I''d keep looking, but if the HCA is any indication of how it''s going to preform, that one is the nicest I have seen so far. I will try to keep looking, but I don''t know what I will be able to find.

I am not great yet at photoshop, the only way I have figured out is to due a screen capture, and the cut out the stuff on the screen I don''t need, and save it as a Jpeg. When it shows on the thread though, it doesn''t post to the farthest left ... haven''t figured that part out yet. They are a lil'' oversized and end up to the middle or the right side of the thread? dunno.
emembarrassed.gif

ussd

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all your hard work MDJ!!!

It looks like that, for my price range, that may be my best bet at this point.

I need the ring by 2/18.

Also, I have a feeling that your standards are much higher than that of my gf so I don't think I can go wrong taking your advice. She says she just wants it to be "sparkly".
1.gif

For anyone else wanting to give it a go, I am working with WF and this is the setting:

gi_MRE7055-34_m.jpg

bamcw328i

Rough_Rock
Depends what it''s for...

ussd

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/4/2006 9:02:57 PM
Author: Mrs Darlin Joy

It is worth checking into, call up Whiteflash, and have them be your eyes. Ask them how white does this diamond face up.

35.gif

Excuse my inexperience but what, exactly, does that mean?

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Hi,

It means call up Whiteflash, tell them your going to buy a ring from them, and now your looking for a diamond. Tell them your budget, and that you''d like to get the bigest, best lookin'', sparklie diamond possible for your $$$. Tell them you saw some Expert selections that sound like possibilities, tell them which ones they are, let them know that people on PS were trying to help you, but in the end you want someone at WF to look and compare these diamonds to see which one is the prettiest and best value for cut,size,color and clarity. They are professionals, and they will give you their expert opinion on which one of the diamonds they have, will be the best for your ring for your future Mrs!

Best wishes, and good luck. Let us know what you end up getting, I am sure it will be very pretty!

Back to the Super bowl!
36.gif

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
The second one that Lorelei posted is nice too ...

It get''s a 1.3 on the HCA: EX, Ex, Ex, VG ...
It is an SI2 though, so on this one you would really want to make sure it was eyeclean, and ask them what their standards are for being eyeclean ... it might be ok with you, or it may not, but you shouldn''t rule it out. There are some lovely SI2''s out there ... you just have to wait for them sometimes, and sometimes you get lucky. Just call up WF and ask.

There is also one on Good Old Gold that is not up on the site, but you can locate it thru the link called "all diamonds in stock". It is close to $1,600.00, but worth a call to Jonathan and see if you can get a Brilliance scope analysis on it, sarin info etc... He does have it, and he can also eyeball this one for you as well to see if it is a winner for you.

Ok, really got to get back to the game, good luck!
35.gif

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
ROUND 0.490 H VS1 $1,642

http://www.goodoldgold.com/0_49ct_h_vs1_h%26a.htm

This is the one at GOOD OLD GOLD ... It wouldn''t hurt to take a look at this one ... just cut and paste the above info and there is some info on it, just not everything, I am sure with nearly a blink of an eye, he could give you a bscope and sarin. There is a Helium report, which I here is more accurate, just too complicated for me to figure out all those numbers.

Have a good one.
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results