shape
carat
color
clarity

which of these diamonds, and question about setting and band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi there, you folks have been so helpful in this process. Now that I have decided on a diamond shape, size, and budget (Radiant .7-.9 under 3300), now I am deciding on which diamond in particular. I think that I am like a lot of you in that I research the heck out of everything before buying! haha. Anyways, I am deciding between a couple diamonds (my apologies if I wasn''t supposed to use these pictures from the vendor). All of them are in the expert selected selection, but there are some differences in size none the less. In general, I would like my radiant to have at least G color, VS2 clarity, and a very good cut.

My second question is this...I will eventually put my radiant diamond into a split shank setting with thin micropave. I was wondering if it would seem odd to skip the wedding band?! It seems to me that since it is a split shank it has the illusion of being two bands anyways. Would this seem funny, will this be frowned upon? Would it seem like I was eternally engaged?

Here are the diamonds: one of them has larger dimensions (2), but smaller depth...but a decent crown. However, the picture looks great and it was in the expert selection category so it can''t be that bad. Is it possible that this diamond will still look great to me, just how picky should I be? If so...it will be nice to have the larger looking one. Just how much bigger will the shallower one look?? I was thinking about ordering both and comparing myself, but my bank account will suffer a bit too much in the mean time for this. I really appreciate your comments in this process, you folks are always on top of this stuff.

1) .73 F VS1 GIA cert. $3212 68% depth, 62% table, no culet, crown 13.9, girdle Med-Thk, VG poish, GD symmetry, no flour. meas: 5.63x4.63x3.15
2) .74 F VVS2 GIA $3270 59.8% depth, 65% table, no culet, crown 9.5, girdle thin-med, VG polish, VG symmetry, no flour. meas: 6.25x4.97x2.97

I am having a hard time uploading pictures so hear are the links to the diamonds:
1)

http://www.dirtcheapdiamonds.com/diamond_detail.cfm?did=7119336

2)

http://www.dirtcheapdiamonds.com/diamond_detail.cfm?did=7119337

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
The split shank sounds gorgeous!! There are a few Daniel K rings that spring to mind for inspiration..........

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the Daniel K settings too, they are gorgeous...is there a non-designer alternative that would work a little better on our budget?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have you looked at the Danhov rings DCD/JamesAllen carries. Several have split shanks and maybe they will fit into your budget better?

Platinum_E10_by_Danhov_small0216.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results