shape
carat
color
clarity

Which men are the most attractive to you?

Age of men you find the most physically attractive

• 18 - 19

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 20s

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • 30s

Votes: 21 50.0%
  • 40s

Votes: 20 47.6%
  • 50s

Votes: 17 40.5%
  • 60s

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • 70s

• 80s

• 90s

• 100 +

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I voted men in the 40's because I'm attracted to guys the same age as me. Ask me in 10 years, and I'd pick 50's and so on.....

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
jaysonsmom|1453841573|3981912 said:
I voted men in the 40's because I'm attracted to guys the same age as me. Ask me in 10 years, and I'd pick 50's and so on.....

Good point and I am voting for the 50s now. Even though I stand by my comment it is not an age group per se that I am attracted to. But since my dh is in his 50's and I find him to be the most attractive man period that age group is the one top on my list right now. :kiss:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1453839521|3981883 said:
Jambalaya|1453839253|3981879 said:
Thank you, amc. Gosh, do young men really look like that these days? They didn't in my day, but then, we didn't have gyms. There were fewer people around with magazine bodies like the guy you posted. Men always had muscles, of course, but not in that gym-honed way that you posted. I don't find it very attractive. It tells me that he spends a lot of time working on those muscles, which is kind of a turn-off for me.

LOL Gyms have been around for many many decades. But I think what people found attractive/trends have certainly changed.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_LaLanne

I also don't love such muscly men because you are right-it shows they are very (too) preoccupied with appearance.

But there's no way they were mainstream, or there were many of them. Gyms just weren't part of the culture, even if some existed. You ask your parents how many of their friends belonged to gyms when they were younger!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
True but I do remember Jane Fonda and the fitness craze and that was 4 decades ago at least. I think.

This is who I find most attractive. Pic taken this past Sunday. And he's 57. So that's the #1 age for me right now. And each year that is going to increase by a year. :cheeky:

img_10526.jpg

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
missy|1453842214|3981926 said:
jaysonsmom|1453841573|3981912 said:

Good point and I am voting for the 50s now. Even though I stand by my comment it is not an age group per se that I am attracted to. But since my dh is in his 50's and I find him to be the most attractive man period that age group is the one top on my list right now. :kiss:

:appl: :love:

That is sweet, and same reason for me.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh yes, I know there has always been keep-fit - I used to do Jane Fonda too. (One of her exercises from her book still burns my butt if I do it. It's that one where you lie on your back with your knees bent, and then wing them in and out while pushing upward. Remember that??)

But I do feel that widespread gyms brought body-honing to a whole new level. There seems to be machines for every conceivable muscle, however small, and in my day you I don't think you saw as many super-honed people around as you do now. Seventies and Eighties fitness was mainly about a workout studio, but that was also when I was a little older. In my mother's and grandparents' day, formal exercise wasn't even a thing, really. It didn't have to be; they walked four miles to work each way, Grandma washed all the sheets and clothes by hand and it took four twists to turn the mangle rollers just once, etc. I think they had more cardiac fitness than muscle-sculpted fitness. I have literally never seen one of those Vs in real life, and I bet my granny never did either. Gosh, don't you learn some interesting new things on Pricescope! :shock:

Or perhaps I was just dating the wrong men! :lol:

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
AprilBaby|1453836051|3981841 said:
Sean Connery still has it.

A friend of mine met him recently in NYC and assures me he is STILL hotter than most 30 year olds!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
kenny|1453763477|3981403 said:
Do some women just not experience physical attraction? ... or is there something blocking it?

... or is it that physical attraction can only blossom after certain other requirements are met?
(... to me that would not be physical attraction, but something else)

Dead serious question.

I think this is me. I really don't see people just as how they look. I see men with flat abs and wonder what exercise they're doing because I want flat abs!

My son is in his 30's so most movie stars today look like (and could be :shock: ) my children.

I do like the facial features of some actors (covered that in my thread about type), but I don't lust after people I see in real life. I need someone to dazzle me with intelligence, wit, lack of ego, and talent (like my DH! :bigsmile: ) and then I'm interested. Even if he looks like an old shoe (not my DH :D ), I find that attractive.

But, in reality, I've never been able to test that theory, since I've never met anyone else like that in real life. :nono:

For another view on men in general my DD says "what kind of guy do you want; hot, nice or smart? Pick two."
:lol: :lol:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The good looking models in magazines (silent) and hot actors on tv (mutable by remote) because I feel like I'm constantly yelling at my husband to SHUT UP! :dance: :dance: :dance: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

(just kidding!)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kenny,
I'm like iLander. I see flat abs or a nice physique and I'm envious of it, not that I feel an attraction to the person. I've never felt lust towards actors/stars nor people in real life even though I acknowledge that their bodies are fit and their facial appearance look good. I've not felt my heart race and stuff like that. Maybe I'm not normal! :-o

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Never thought I could be attracted to a guy in his twenties at my age, but I was just introduced to a neighbor's family member, an part-Indian guy around 25-28. Not only was he hot, but intelligence and good humor radiated from his face. Many decades too old for me so look but don't touch - but may I just say...WOOF!

As kenny said, I'm not dead yet and I have a working pair of orbs.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Chrono|1453926849|3982514 said:
Kenny,
I'm like iLander. I see flat abs or a nice physique and I'm envious of it, not that I feel an attraction to the person. I've never felt lust towards actors/stars nor people in real life even though I acknowledge that their bodies are fit and their facial appearance look good. I've not felt my heart race and stuff like that. Maybe I'm not normal! :-o

Hey! I resemble that!

:D :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe we are too cerebral for our own good, Chrono . . . ;(

Nah, screw it, we're good. :bigsmile:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A collection of Apollo's Belt (as in the V):

sm_s_card_pic.jpg

Don't ask me where I found them! :naughty:

DK :bigsmile:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yanno, the above doesn't do a lot for me. They just look really vain and into themselves. The V doesn't do it for me either. Maybe it's my age.

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ladies, please! You're making us look shallow! :nono:

Hmmmmm, what if the genders were reversed? Would it be OK for men to make some of these comments and post pictures? Just wondering.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Jambalaya|1453940304|3982654 said:
Yanno, the above doesn't do a lot for me. They just look really vain and into themselves. The V doesn't do it for me either. Maybe it's my age.

Nothin' for me either. I just see a bunch of guys that spend waaaaaayyy too much time at the gym, which is *so* not attractive... :lol:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I dig it. I dated some guys built like that back in the day. T'was..enjoyable.

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
wow, pubic hair and a bit of shaft...pretty racy for PriceScope!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1453926849|3982514 said:
Kenny,

Normal is just a range of numbers ... over 50%.
Left handed and blond people are 'not normal'.

I'd say finding someone attractive is a lower bar than 'lust'.
Lust seems more steamy and potent than just finding someone attractive.

Envious is an interesting choice of term ... doesn't envious mean you want what the envied person has?

I'm not arguing, or saying you 'should' anything.
Just fleshing things out ... so to speak. ;-)

amc80

Ideal_Rock
december-fire said:
Ladies, please! You're making us look shallow! :nono: Hmmmmm, what if the genders were reversed? Would it be OK for men to make some of these comments and post pictures? Just wondering.

For a discussion on physical attraction? I don't see why not.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maria D|1453949504|3982748 said:
wow, pubic hair and a bit of shaft...pretty racy for PriceScope!

When I read that I thought "Shaft? Where? I didn't see that" and I turned up the brightness on my monitor to get a better look!

retrogamer

Shiny_Rock
How about none of the above? :razz:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do some women just not experience physical attraction? ... or is there something blocking it?

... or is it that physical attraction can only blossom after certain other requirements are met?

Dead serious question.

This is how it works for me. I first see someone (without knowing them) and am immediately attracted to them or not re physical appearance only. Then as I get to know them that can do a 180 degree shift depending on *who* they are as a person. So someone I was initially not attracted to I could become very attracted to and vice versa. Someone I initially found very handsome could become ugly to me. Yes it really works that way. For me.

When I was young I dated different "types" of men ranging from objectively handsome men ( team captains, jocks, model types etc) to (geeky, nerdy) unattractive men and it always boiled down to the same thing for me. Their outward physical appearance always eventually ended up a distant second to *who* they were...kind, funny, smart, generous etc. Every single time who the person was inside vastly outshone their physical appearance.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
There are other qualities in people, I fully agree. I've gone out w/guys (all back in the day of course) who were the.."It" guys b/c of their looks..and then that first date is the last date cuz holy moly open their mouth and blech, that's all I can stand of you. And I've dated guys that people told me he "wasn't to my standards" but then we'd talk and talk and talk..and extra curricular activities become quite fun.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am 63, my husband is 65, we have been together since I was 32. I chose 60s men.. for one my sons are 24 and 28 and while I can see a guy who's in his 20s as awesome; I also see a boy. When I was young, looks were very important to me as this was the mid-late 60s, as I went through a horrible marriage with a good looking guy with blue eyes that made Paul Newman look dull (if one remembers Paul Newman).. but I always found that men who were gorgeous opened their mouths and started talking political views that were conservative or they couldn't understand what software was etc or were just plain narcissistic all of a sudden they weren't as good looking. So over the years I believe attraction for me lies in looks and intelligence at any age especially over 40 today.

Dead serious question.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kenny,
I am envious because I WANT abs like that. :lol: But it's not a strong emotion; it's more of a passing thought like this - "Nice abs, wish I had those", and then that thought is out of my head in less than a second and I don't even remember seeing the person anymore.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't want to sound totally stupid, but is the V the v shape the abs make going down, or the v shape the sculpted line where the hips/upper thighs are?

those pics don't leave much to the imagination :o

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Part Gypsy,
The V is where it goes from the hips to the groin.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1453992821|3982972 said:
Part Gypsy,
The V is where it goes from the hips to the groin.

Oh! I thought it was the first.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results