shape
carat
color
clarity

Which mattress is least toxic?

Tayberry

Shiny_Rock
Yep, tried that with a latex mattress topper, for a month. Still stank! Got rid of it.

Thanks though.

Was it organic? Dunlop or Talaylay?

Tayberry

Shiny_Rock
Can you still smell latex after a long period of time? say a couple of weeks.

Not at all. The mattress had a very light smell upon removing from bag that lasted a few minutes. The cardboard box it arrived in smelled stronger.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix, I just want to say that you have sort of a twin in me. I have the exact immune condition you have and it is no joke and the smell issue is not your imagination in the least. Yes, there can be some anxiety involved, but that stems from being hyper alert to what your body will be going through as a result of processing the chemicals or smells. Not every chemical has a smell and not every smell is a chemical, but what your body goes through in constantly processing smells is crippling. I was exposed to mold and have mycotoxicity. My autoimmune condition was off the charts as well. It took a while to find a great endocrinologist that has been managing me. Numbers were literally off the charts where the lab assay could not read them. My issues are not related to the jab or covid at all. But, I have the same condition as you. I always had a keen sense of smell, but after the chemical injury, smells are overly exaggerated and trigger migraines, involuntary twitches and overall sense of unwell. I cannot take any perfume smells, incense, cigarette smoke...and forget even going down the laundry detergent aisle. It takes time to heal. We have in our brains something called sensory adaptation. It allows us to, say, put on a ring and go on about our business without constantly saying to ourselves, "I have on a ring, I have on a ring." That sensory adaptation is affected as well with chemical injury. We went through 6 beds before I realized that there is no ordering regular beds. Memory foam is especially toxic anyway. Flame retardants are what offgas and turn into more than just formaldehyde. I know the exact smell that you are talking about. The only company that I was able to buy from whose latex smell actually faded way down is DIY Natural Bedding. They were extremely helpful. I could not deal with wool because the natural lanolin that the sheep produces is innate to the material and won't fade. This company provided latex that did fade to a very, very mild vanilla like smell. Now, in order to actually smell it, I have to physically press my nose/face into the mattress. You want to also stay away from down. My pillows are made of kapok--which has, I promise you, NO SMELL AT ALL. They sent me samples of different firmness so that I could choose the most comfortable one for my support needs. It comes rolled up in plastic (think saran wrap). You choose the firmness for the bottom, middle and top. It does have latex smell but after about 2 months it did fade. And that is coming from someone that suffers as you do. What you can do while it fades is to place a sheet of what is called "flexzorb" which is material that charcoal has been interwoven into, on top of your mattress, so that you are not going crazy inhaling. Here is their website: https://www.diynaturalbedding.com/
They are a US company, but will ship out of the country. You just have to contact them.
You need to eliminate things in your environment that can be potential triggers. I find that I can only have leather shoes made in Italy because they don't process their leather with chromium, it is vegetable tanned. If you have exposed particle board in your home such as a shelf you need to seal it with minwax waterbased polyurethane. I am kind of going off on a tangent, but I just want to help you and assure you that you are not alone. Also, the person in this thread that spoke of receptors is absolutely correct!
Let me know if I can help with anything else. I know what you are going through. I am better but not all the way 100% and the very best thing to get you on the road to recovery is avoidance. It takes time. Avoid where ever practical your exposure.

edited to add; Gloria27 is right on the money!

@luvmysparklies , thank you so much for your detailed and thoughtful post.

Like you, I always had a keen sense of smell but it's gotten soooo much worse, since Pfizer!! Not just sense but light and sounds too. I agree that it's something to do with the brain. And re the smells, it's not just that I can't stand strong smells. I don't want to inhale/expose myself to toxic chemicals, which were in the first replacement mattress I bought a couple of months ago (and since gotten rid of). It smelled just soooo TOXIC. It along with several pillows, were aired out in a spare room for 2 weeks, with the windows wide open and the smell just persisted. So that was that!!

I will email DIYnaturalbedding. Thank you.

Are the pillows made with Kapok from the same company?

Flexzorb sounds wonderful and is an excellent idea. Where do I get that from? I have several charcoal bags that I place around my place. I run the dehumidifier and airfilters almost 24/7. It's super humid here (80-90% most of the time). AND, the stupid condo management people have started painting the exterior of the buildings with a very very toxic paint. There is no way I can successfully fight them. So I've resorted to closing all the doors and windows, until at least the end of August!!! {SOB SOB}}

UGH!! Mycotoxins are the worst (as far as *I* am concerned, on par with the d*amn vaccines). I just had the test done by Great Plains Lab and am awaiting results. Part of the results have come back but not all of them yet. I PRAY TO GOD that I am not gonna see elevated mycotoxins level. I have enough problems dealing with the aftermath of this toxin called P. My naturopath seems to think I have some, as I used to live in a mouldy house (could see it but didn't even realise the implications, so stupid of me!). HUGS to you for having to deal with that. I am glad that you are mostly better. Re the thyroid antibodies, since we're chatting about this, are you supplementing with selenium by any chance? I read conflicting advice about that.

Ugh also re particleboard and leathers. When I had 2 mould experts around to check, those were the items with the most mould (but thankfully not bad bad). My wooden bed, surprisingly (in a good way) was clean and clear of mould. Thank GOODNESS!!

I've got rid of most of my shoes (around 50 pairs) which started to get mouldy. I now have a total of 5 pairs of Hermes shoes and many cheap rubber flip-flops. The H shoes were made in France. How can I tell if they're toxic?

Going back to the brain, I've just started doing DNRS. Not sure if you've heard of it or Annie Hopper. It seems to make intuitive sense to me. I hope it can help. So many drs' advice and treatments have not worked and some made me even more ill. So that's that. I also hope/PRAY (again!!) that in time, the spike protein will be somehow, miraculously, "flushed" out of my body. I don't even know if that's even possible. Even if it does leave the body, the aftermath it leaves behind on my poor brain and body is just ...just...I don't even have the word to describe it aptly.;(

Last edited:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Just found this!! Looking into it. Thanks to @searchin for making me think about an all cotton mattress/futon.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not at all. The mattress had a very light smell upon removing from bag that lasted a few minutes. The cardboard box it arrived in smelled stronger.

Glad to hear. Thank you for letting me know.

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Like you, I always had a keen sense of smell but it's gotten soooo much worse, since Pfizer!! Not just sense but light and sounds too. I agree that it's something to do with the brain. And re the smells, it's not just that I can't stand strong smells. I don't want to inhale/expose myself to toxic chemicals, which were in the first replacement mattress I bought a couple of months ago (and since gotten rid of). It smelled just soooo TOXIC. It along with several pillows, were aired out in a spare room for 2 weeks, with the windows wide open and the smell just persisted. So that was that!!

Flexzorb sounds wonderful and is an excellent idea. Where do I get that from? I have several charcoal bags that I place around my place. I run the dehumidifier and airfilters almost 24/7. It's super humid here (80-90% most of the time). AND, the stupid condo management people have started painting the exterior of the buildings with a very very toxic paint. There is no way I can successfully fight them. So I've resorted to closing all the doors and windows, until at least the end of August!!! {SOB SOB}}

UGH!! Mycotoxins are the worst (as far as *I* am concerned, on par with the d*amn vaccines). I just had the test done by Great Plains Lab and am awaiting results. Part of the results have come back but not all of them yet. I PRAY TO GOD that I am not gonna see elevated mycotoxins level. I have enough problems dealing with the aftermath of this toxin called P. My naturopath seems to think I have some, as I used to live in a mouldy house (could see it but didn't even realise the implications, so stupid of me!). HUGS to you for having to deal with that. I am glad that you are mostly better. Re the thyroid antibodies, since we're chatting about this, are you supplementing with selenium by any chance? I read conflicting advice about that.

Ugh also re particleboard and leathers. When I had 2 mould experts around to check, those were the items with the most mould (but thankfully not bad bad). My wooden bed, surprisingly (in a good way) was clean and clear of mould. Thank GOODNESS!!

I've got rid of most of my shoes (around 50 pairs) which started to get mouldy. I now have a total of 5 pairs of Hermes shoes and many cheap rubber flip-flops. The H shoes were made in France. How can I tell if they're toxic?

Going back to the brain, I've just started doing DNRS. Not sure if you've heard of it or Annie Hopper. It seems to make intuitive sense to me. I hope it can help. So many drs' advice and treatments have not worked and some made me even more ill. So that's that. I also hope/PRAY (again!!) that in time, the spike protein will be somehow, miraculously, "flushed" out of my body. I don't even know if that's even possible. Even if it does leave the body, the aftermath it leaves behind on my poor brain and body is just ...just...I don't even have the word to describe it aptly.;(
I hope it's possible to get rid of it in the end, sorry you are going through this.

I had a feeling over these vaccines, I first wanted to take them then my gut feeling kicked in I decided against and stuck with that decision because who else knows my body better than myself?

I feel I did myself a big favour.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope it's possible to get rid of it in the end, sorry you are going through this.

I had a feeling over these vaccines, I first wanted to take them then my gut feeling kicked in I decided against and stuck with that decision because who else knows my body better than myself?

I feel I did myself a big favour.

That's *exactly* how I felt too. I kept asking myself what if my autoimmune antibodies went into overdrive and attacked my body even more than they already are?!! I even isolated at home for 3 whole months.

But here where I live, vaccination is not a choice. It's mandatory! That's how I've ended up in this mess that I am in.;(

They've sent me reminders to go have a booster!! Yeah right!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

You dodged a MASSIVE bullet!!

Thank you for your kind words.

Last edited:

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That's *exactly* how I felt too. I even isolated at home for 3 whole months.

But here where I live, vaccination is not a choice. It's mandatory! That's how I've ended up in this mess that I am in.;(

You dodged a MASSIVE bullet!!

Thank you for your kind words.

To be honest, if not for the pandemic party scandals, it would have been mandatory here in the UK too but someone was smart and leaked the footage when it was most important :)) How lucky!

Now life is back to normal, thank goodness.

luvmysparklies

Brilliant_Rock

Hi Phoenix!
Yes, the kapok comes from the same company DIY Natural Bedding. It really is a DIY type of thing. So, you order the bag of kapok and the pillow inserts and you stuff the kapok into the pillow to your desired fullness. Eventually, kapok can sort of mat (after about a year) so they always give you plenty of extra with your order. Kapok has a lot of loft and is super fluffy, so little filaments will float around. It is a good idea to do this outside (stuffing your pillow). I like my pillows not filled overly high because I like to mold them to my neck. You will love this stuff! Back in the day, furniture used to be stuffed with kapok and then someone had the bright idea to use foam and then fire retardant. Sigh...

I noticed you mentioned dehumidifiers and air filters running 24/7. I do the same, however I use an air "purifier" not just a filter. The purifier gets rid of VOCs. If you meant air purifier instead of air filter, I want to tell you about the airpura 600 line. You need an air purifier that is not contributing to your smell sensitivity. The first air purifier I used had me feeling like Bill Cosby slipped me a roofie. I was dizzy, sleepy and just out of it. Turns out, the purifier contained a component called zeolite and potassium iodide mixture. which was intended to adsorb the VOCs. Adsorb means to have the VOCs cling to the potassium iodide much like an air filter will have the minute particles and dust in your environment cling to the hepa filter so that it is not blown out of the unit and you are supposed to have cleansed air to breathe in. Additionally, I bought another air filter that had a component called "potassium permanganate"--which proved to result in the same feelings. I could no longer use these purifiers. I called a company in Canada called Airpura and explained how the airpurifiers were making me sick. The person told me that I called at just the right time because they discovered German carbon and were importing the materials from Germany. I actually bought the first one that they shipped to the US. I have not looked back since. The person explained that there are people that are so super chemically sensitive that the usual components (that do work well to rid VOCs) are contributing to the MCS already being suffered. Please consider getting yourself the Aipura G600. I have two of them, one specifically in my bedroom and the other in the living room. I have high ceilings so I am about to get another one to ensure better coverage. Also, stay away from air filters that use Ionic technology, because that produces ozone. Ozone is not safe for your indoor environment. Ozone does kill the contaminants, but we should not be around it. https://www.airpura.com/collections/mcs

Yes, I am supplementing with 200mcg selenium each day. My numbers have come way down. My hashimoto's graduated to Graves. So, in addition, I have adopted the bone broth diet and intermittent fasting. I was desperate and considered the limbic (neural retraining), but I came to the conclusion that avoidance was the best thing. The reason is that since our brains and systems have gone into overdrive, it is a protective mechanism (though overly so right now). I don't need to train my brain or body NOT to protect me. Though this suffering is extremely challenging, you have to view it from the standpoint that "your body/brain is working." Its telling you that your toxic load is too great to even let the most minute chemicals/vocs in. We sweat out toxins, we excrete toxins and the toxins that the body simply cannot process right away are stored in our bones, to be released in tiny proportions when the body can handle, so that the other two systems can rid.

Your high humidity is not only contributing to mold formation, but it makes the formaldehydes and other VOCs go into high gear, which is affecting you. You need a purifier that kills mold spores, of which the G600 does. But you also need a purifier whose components are not also contributing to your suffering.
Your H shoes are fine. I love maison H. I find that items made in France and Italy are best for my condition. The shoes made in Spain and Brazil are a wild card for me depending on the era. I like vintage so 70s shoes, no problem. Beyond that, no go. You can tell if your shoes are toxic by them smelling like those stinking chemicals and the way to know if they will smell is to research whether the leather is vegetable tanned. No chromium. If you put the shoes in question in a sealed plastic bag, wait a day or two and give it a quick sniff, you will know!

I am so glad your wooden bed is safe and no mold. We spend so much time sleeping. Imagine 8 hours of inhaling pure toxins! My husband uses a CPAP and the Phillips brand had a sponge in it that was emitting formaldehyde. I kept telling him I smelled chemicals in our bedroom, but he was fine and could not perceive them. Then the recall happened and lo and behold, formaldehyde sponge! So, now he listens to me when I tell him there is something off, and we work together to get to the bottom of it. Thank God he has a back up CPAP by another company with no such issues. Oh, and as far as furniture, glass, stainless steel, hardwood (not plywood or particle board), powder coated steel are your friends.

Flexzorb. Here is their website: https://flexzorb.com/
However, I think they will refer you to a retailer. I used to get flexzorb from a company that is now out of business, so, go to charcoal house. They sell carbon sheets and will ship to Singapore. https://charcoalhouse.com/educate-me/contact-us/shipping-returns.html
Their double weave product is basically non-branded flexzorb, but it needs some other kind of supporting material in order to use it. https://charcoalhouse.com/activated-carbon-cloth-double-weave.html
You could get the laminated carbon cloth, which can stand on its own, but with how sensitive you are right now, I would get a small section and see how you do.

Here is what worked for me: Start by establishing a "safe space" for yourself. My safe space is my bedroom. Latex mattress, kapok pillows on top of hardwood kiln dried frame, organic cotton sheets (white no dyes) cotton blankets (white/off white), absolutely no devices (cell phones (any computer type equipment that would emit). My clock is even analog! My airpura G 600 going 24/7) and door closed always so that it is a space insulated as much as possible from the chemical assaults. Unscented free/clear laundry detergent used. You will notice a complete difference in the air quality when you step into your bedroom that has been purified all day.

Consume bone broth and buy the Dr. KellyAnn Bone Broth diet book. It lists yes and no foods to heal your system. I view food as medicine and when we eat what we are supposed to eat the body is so happy. Intermittent fasting so that autophagy can be triggered, where your cells look for and either kill off or engulf (phagocytosis) cells that are lazy bums, not doing their jobs!

I am so sorry this is super long, but I wanted to be sure to answer all of your questions! Remember, your body is WORKING, it is just in an extreme protective state. Though this is a tough time, in due time things will settle. It has to be behavior, choices and patience. When you find foods that work for you, get used to eating just those foods, until your body heals. Then, you can slowly re-introduce other foods to see how you respond. I am here to help you (or anyone) dealing with this insane reactivity.

One more edit. Get a charcoal mask from charcoal house. It will help you with those paint fumes!

Last edited:

luvmysparklies

Brilliant_Rock
@luvmysparklies, you are not alone...

@Gloria27 --WE are not alone! Thank you so much for this.
You almost feel like a freak because people look at you with a blank stare, completely unable to relate. You have to be your own advocate and limit interactions with folks that don't "get it." It took a while for my family to adjust. But, I had to tell them I cannot visit with you if you won't meet me where I am. I don't ask people to change their entire lifestyle just for me, but when we come together no one should walk away injured. hugs to you!!!

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Gloria27 --WE are not alone! Thank you so much for this.
You almost feel like a freak because people look at you with a blank stare, completely unable to relate. You have to be your own advocate and limit interactions with folks that don't "get it." It took a while for my family to adjust. But, I had to tell them I cannot visit with you if you won't meet me where I am. I don't ask people to change their entire lifestyle just for me, but when we come together no one should walk away injured. hugs to you!!!
Hugs to you too!
I am trying not to say anything personal about myself online, but everything you've said is what I'm going through. I'm lucky my hubby is the most supportive person in the world and I'm going through this with him by my side.

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I can't edit my comment anymore just wanted to say that after reading your post 3 times I've realised you mentioned mold toxins, electronic devices and other stuff I can't say I can relate to (but do understand perfectly), as I'm typing I'm close to my super strong wifi. Anyway, doesn't matter, what matters is we all want a better environment and better products to help with our situation.

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
I was desperate and considered the limbic (neural retraining), but I came to the conclusion that avoidance was the best thing. The reason is that since our brains and systems have gone into overdrive, it is a protective mechanism (though overly so right now). I don't need to train my brain or body NOT to protect me. Though this suffering is extremely challenging, you have to view it from the standpoint that "your body/brain is working." Its telling you that your toxic load is too great to even let the most minute chemicals/vocs in.
I'm following this thread with a high level of interest, as chemical smells really affect me, too. Finding a non-gassing (to my nose) was quite a feat. I'm now nowhere near as sensitive as @Phoenix or you (or other posters), yet years ago I was nearly incapacitated with physical reactions to smells and airborne particles—perfume, cleaning solutions, laundry detergent, dish detergent, pollens, grasses, etc.

In the end, it took nearly three years of being away from the industry/work I used to be in, and my system managed to detox itself. That was amazing. One day, I realized I could smell the perfume from a passerby, and not having a sneezing, runny-nose, itchy-eyes reaction. A miracle!

What I've learned since is that when the sympathetic nervous system (flight or fight response) goes into overdrive, the "panic" or "alarm" can set off all manner of symptoms in the body. Calming the sympathetic nervous system can reduce stress, reduce reactivity, reduce symptoms, etc., and help the body to heal more easily from the original issue(s).

These days, the only thing I'm aware of that can set my system off for an "allergic" reaction is pollen, if it's a heavy load. When I calm my sympathetic nervous system, the symptoms usually cease (or the very least, greatly lessen) within moments. If needed, I repeat the calming. Although I've used the technique for years, I use thetappingsolution.com (no affiliation) app now, because I like to hear how others phrase things.

Thank you for the link for kapok pillows. I will order some.

luvmysparklies

Brilliant_Rock
Hugs to you too!
I am trying not to say anything personal about myself online, but everything you've said is what I'm going through. I'm lucky my hubby is the most supportive person in the world and I'm going through this with him by my side.

I totally get it! I am pretty private as well. When I saw what Phoenix was dealing with, I felt that this person should not feel alone, just like you were kindly reassuring me--that was very helpful and encouraging. We all contribute something different in our own way, and each of those pixels of knowledge form a sharp picture that we can all either work with or benefit from. Some people don't want to reveal loads and loads of personal info on a public board and 99% of the time, I operate that way. It's just that this was an extreme exception because when you go through something as serious as these kinds of health issues, you don't wish it on anyone else and if they are now, where you once were, I feel that the knowledge attained is not mine to keep. What I have amassed about what worked for my healing, I absolutely needed to share. You know why? Because someone did that for me during my most dark times in my health. A beautiful soul in her 80s and spent so many years being chemically injured, finally had relief and actually felt better than she had felt for decades, even while managing cancerous tumors. So to anyone that suffers in this way and stumbles upon this, there is hope and healing. It just takes time, avoidance and behavioral changes.

Yes, I did mention mold, toxins and electronic devices. I learned (and had to accept) that my cellphone was causing issues. I would be on the phone and eyes were irritated, random clearing throat, etc. but as anyone, you go down rabbit holes when surfing on the internet and you don't necessarily think about why your eyes are irritated or why you feel the need to clear your throat fairly frequently. I didn't know if it was still the general environment or what because I had done all the other things I mentioned previously to change my environment and eating habits. I listened to my body and decided to do research from my desk top. I learned that the fumes from the lithium battery degrading were causing headaches and respiratory issues. You'll notice that your cell phone will get warm after being on it for a while. The heat causes the fumes to emit. So, I cut the phone off and stayed off of it. And, much like @SparklieBug there was something of an epiphany that washed over me where I noticed that I felt like my old regular self after about a week and a half. Now that they are going to 5G my phone will be obsolete. I went on the verizon site to see what is out there and *now* there are prop 65 warnings which were not there when I bought my phone years ago. Go figure. I only use the cell for a quick text here and there and take it with me on the road for emergencies. Otherwise, I just don't bother with it.

I can relate to your husband comment. My eyes welled up as I looked over at my wonderful, supportive husband putting together a GLASS and METAL desk that he knew wouldn't bother me since he is working from home.

@SparklieBug is bang on about the sympathetic nervous system. Her commentary is invaluable knowledge to take to heart. Since you are following sparkliebug, let me just say this as well. I had what my neurologist termed as "moderate" nerve damage which was due to the toxicity. This was a physical manifestation of the corrosive nature of toxicity on a nerve and cellular level.

Gloria27, You are soooo right! We want a better environment and better products to help with our situation and hopefully avoid others from going through this.

Again, I want to reiterate, I am much, much better. Not 100%, but my word, --way, way better than I was, and this is due to all of the changes I noted above.

Lastly, if you have people in your lives that cannot relate to these issues, or if you as a reader don't understand all this chemical, smells, fragrance stuff, just think of the old adage of walking a mile in someone else's shoes. I witnessed many years ago, an individual during sub zero degrees, pleading with a homeless person to stay in their shelter, and the homeless person kept saying no. The person with the shelter, frustrated-- just chalked it up to them "being crazy to chance freezing to death" as they verbalized. But, they did not know that as a female, she was afraid of being assaulted and if not assaulted, that everything she owned would be stolen while she was at the shelter for the night. I know this because I asked her. So, I bought a sleeping bag and a hat, gave her my coat and some food. So, if someone asks that you refrain from perfumes or if they don't want to partake in a certain activity, they may be thinking of what kind of health price they will pay for having made that choice. Please be kind.:)

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock
Hi there, @Phoenix! :wavey: It's nice to see you!

We get all our mattresses from Custom Comfort mattresses. They're hand made by the company on site and the one I buy is 100% cotton. It's INCREDIBLY comfortable and I love it! Their mattresses are also double sided, like mattresses used to be.

I love these mattresses - expensive but worth every penny.

Yup! We have a Custom Comfort mattress too. ditto what you said

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know you said you explored and eliminated latex, so I haven't posted. However, I was familiar with this company - CozyPure - when I was shopping for mattresses. I thought I would post about them bc I did read that the chemicals you were concerned with for latex are used in the making, but if GOLS certified there are no chemicals detected in the finished product. Maybe this company produces something that would be without chemical exposure? It is this company's premise to offer chemical-free, healthy bedding. Whether or not they accomplish it successfully enough is hard to say. I haven't dug as deeply as you have.

I hope you find something that suits! This is a difficult struggle, I'm sorry you have to endure it.

Here are a couple of excerpts from their website:

WANT A CLEANER BEDROOM?

MAKE IT NAKED.

NO CHEMICAL PETROLEUM-BASED POLYURETHANE FOAMS OR SYNTHETIC FABRIC. ENJOY A SAFER AND HEALTHIER SLEEP.

Industrial chemicals are everywhere… In fact, indoor air pollution is now rated worse than outdoors. Almost everything we use is created with man-made materials from chemicals – even the pillow under your head.

It makes sense to have a sleeping environment that’s clean, pure and natural. Eliminating or reducing toxins in your bedroom can start you on your way to creating a nighttime healing space to escape the everyday exposure to industrial chemicals.

This is your sanctuary. Breathe deep, breathe easy, and sleep well.

GOLS ORGANIC CERTIFIED LATEX.

No Coils. No Foams. No Fillers. No Lies.

SOLID ORGANIC DUNLOP RUBBERMILK. EDGE TO EDGE & TOP TO BOTTOM.

Natural latex rubber is proven to be the very best component used for mattress support, comfort, durability, as well as offering a healthier sleeping environment. It’s naturally dust mite resistant; it’s breathable so you don’t sleep hot; it’s resiliency is known to last for decades; it’s responsive support offers comfort and proper alignment.

Our organic latex is made from 100% natural rubber direct from the beautiful island of Sri Lanka, known for the finest rubber plantations in the world. Natural latex rubber is also biodegradable and a renewable, sustainable resource.

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
@SparklieBug is bang on about the sympathetic nervous system. Her commentary is invaluable knowledge to take to heart. Since you are following sparkliebug, let me just say this as well. I had what my neurologist termed as "moderate" nerve damage which was due to the toxicity. This was a physical manifestation of the corrosive nature of toxicity on a nerve and cellular level.

This is fascinating, from the outside looking in. I suspect my DH has something like this going on, although in a slightly different "flavour" than toxicity, with nerve damage or an overly robust response/overstimulation of pain receptors.

We are at once, simple creatures (when we're healthy), yet can also be so very complex when our systems go awry for whatever reasons.

Thank you for your generosity in sharing your experience and knowledge so eloquently.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Phoenix!
Wow, thank you so much for your detailed response, @luvmysparklies .
Yes, the kapok comes from the same company DIY Natural Bedding. It really is a DIY type of thing. So, you order the bag of kapok and the pillow inserts and you stuff the kapok into the pillow to your desired fullness. Eventually, kapok can sort of mat (after about a year) so they always give you plenty of extra with your order. Kapok has a lot of loft and is super fluffy, so little filaments will float around. It is a good idea to do this outside (stuffing your pillow). I like my pillows not filled overly high because I like to mold them to my neck. You will love this stuff! Back in the day, furniture used to be stuffed with kapok and then someone had the bright idea to use foam and then fire retardant. Sigh...
Noted. I will have to do this when the painting of the building stopped, as at the moment, all my windows and doors are shut most of the time. Sounds wonderful. UGH about foam and fire regardant!
I noticed you mentioned dehumidifiers and air filters running 24/7. I do the same, however I use an air "purifier" not just a filter. The purifier gets rid of VOCs. If you meant air purifier instead of air filter, I want to tell you about the airpura 600 line. You need an air purifier that is not contributing to your smell sensitivity. The first air purifier I used had me feeling like Bill Cosby slipped me a roofie. I was dizzy, sleepy and just out of it. Turns out, the purifier contained a component called zeolite and potassium iodide mixture. which was intended to adsorb the VOCs. Adsorb means to have the VOCs cling to the potassium iodide much like an air filter will have the minute particles and dust in your environment cling to the hepa filter so that it is not blown out of the unit and you are supposed to have cleansed air to breathe in. Additionally, I bought another air filter that had a component called "potassium permanganate"--which proved to result in the same feelings. I could no longer use these purifiers. I called a company in Canada called Airpura and explained how the airpurifiers were making me sick. The person told me that I called at just the right time because they discovered German carbon and were importing the materials from Germany. I actually bought the first one that they shipped to the US. I have not looked back since. The person explained that there are people that are so super chemically sensitive that the usual components (that do work well to rid VOCs) are contributing to the MCS already being suffered. Please consider getting yourself the Aipura G600. I have two of them, one specifically in my bedroom and the other in the living room. I have high ceilings so I am about to get another one to ensure better coverage. Also, stay away from air filters that use Ionic technology, because that produces ozone. Ozone is not safe for your indoor environment. Ozone does kill the contaminants, but we should not be around it. https://www.airpura.com/collections/mcs

OMG. I didn't know that air purifiers could make you sick!! Zeolite is used for super strong detoxing and can send you straight to the ER if you can't tolerate it. No wonder it made you ill but glad you didn't get too ill and managed to figure it out. (Yes, I mis-spoke. I meant air purifiers. I currently have 2 Alen air purifiers. I never ever turn on the Ionic button. I did initially but it made me feel queasy, so it's been off ever since. I will have to see if Airpura will ship to SG. Will have to buy an adapter too so it doesn't blow the fuse! lol
Yes, I am supplementing with 200mcg selenium each day. My numbers have come way down. My hashimoto's graduated to Graves. So, in addition, I have adopted the bone broth diet and intermittent fasting. I was desperate and considered the limbic (neural retraining), but I came to the conclusion that avoidance was the best thing. The reason is that since our brains and systems have gone into overdrive, it is a protective mechanism (though overly so right now). I don't need to train my brain or body NOT to protect me. Though this suffering is extremely challenging, you have to view it from the standpoint that "your body/brain is working." Its telling you that your toxic load is too great to even let the most minute chemicals/vocs in. We sweat out toxins, we excrete toxins and the toxins that the body simply cannot process right away are stored in our bones, to be released in tiny proportions when the body can handle, so that the other two systems can rid.
I see. I just want DNRS to turn off or rather turn down my extreme reactions to stimuli. I doubt if DNRS can fix my root causes. I am still wondering about supplementing with selenium. My body is super sensitive. I've been taking magnesium and it gave me brain zaps. One last night was super bad, I actually "SAW" LIGHT FLASHING in my brain. I say "in my brain" as the room was super dark and my eyes were closed. I thought it was my cell phone screen timing out. Then checked it and it had been switched off before I got ready for bed. Talk about a frightening experience!! No more magnesium for me!
Your high humidity is not only contributing to mold formation, but it makes the formaldehydes and other VOCs go into high gear, which is affecting you. You need a purifier that kills mold spores, of which the G600 does. But you also need a purifier whose components are not also contributing to your suffering.
Makes a lot of sense. No wonder I've been feeling worse. Yesterday and today was/is super bad with humidity in the 90's. The floor feels wet! I definitely do need an air purifier that kills mould spores. Which one of the G600 do you have? the white one or the black G600 DLX?

Your H shoes are fine. I love maison H. I find that items made in France and Italy are best for my condition. The shoes made in Spain and Brazil are a wild card for me depending on the era. I like vintage so 70s shoes, no problem. Beyond that, no go. You can tell if your shoes are toxic by them smelling like those stinking chemicals and the way to know if they will smell is to research whether the leather is vegetable tanned. No chromium. If you put the shoes in question in a sealed plastic bag, wait a day or two and give it a quick sniff, you will know!
Noted. Will try that. Glad to hear my H shoes are fine. If I threw them out, all I'd be left with would be my flip-flops, lol.

I am so glad your wooden bed is safe and no mold. We spend so much time sleeping. Imagine 8 hours of inhaling pure toxins! My husband uses a CPAP and the Phillips brand had a sponge in it that was emitting formaldehyde. I kept telling him I smelled chemicals in our bedroom, but he was fine and could not perceive them. Then the recall happened and lo and behold, formaldehyde sponge! So, now he listens to me when I tell him there is something off, and we work together to get to the bottom of it. Thank God he has a back up CPAP by another company with no such issues. Oh, and as far as furniture, glass, stainless steel, hardwood (not plywood or particle board), powder coated steel are your friends.
SHOCKING!! How can a CPAP have formaldehyde in it? Powder coated steel? How do you get that? Also, can you not inhale the coated powder?

Flexzorb. Here is their website: https://flexzorb.com/
However, I think they will refer you to a retailer. I used to get flexzorb from a company that is now out of business, so, go to charcoal house. They sell carbon sheets and will ship to Singapore. https://charcoalhouse.com/educate-me/contact-us/shipping-returns.html
Their double weave product is basically non-branded flexzorb, but it needs some other kind of supporting material in order to use it. https://charcoalhouse.com/activated-carbon-cloth-double-weave.html
You could get the laminated carbon cloth, which can stand on its own, but with how sensitive you are right now, I would get a small section and see how you do.

Noted. Will look into it and order. I am SUPER sensitive.
Here is what worked for me: Start by establishing a "safe space" for yourself. My safe space is my bedroom. Latex mattress, kapok pillows on top of hardwood kiln dried frame, organic cotton sheets (white no dyes) cotton blankets (white/off white), absolutely no devices (cell phones (any computer type equipment that would emit). My clock is even analog! My airpura G 600 going 24/7) and door closed always so that it is a space insulated as much as possible from the chemical assaults. Unscented free/clear laundry detergent used. You will notice a complete difference in the air quality when you step into your bedroom that has been purified all day.
I wanted to keep all doors and windows closed. But it was so stuffy and so today (no painting outside, yay), I opened them. I usually close all the windows and door to the bedroom anyway. Trying to go unscented everything personal products. Are there any particular brands you'd recommend please? I have to keep my cell with me in case I am alone and needed help if I had a sudden vertigo attack. I switch it off completely when I go to sleep. I know it's not the same as not having it in your vicinity but it'd have to do for now. I even keep my dehumidifier and air purifier as far away from where I sleep as possible for fear of EMF-contamination (I had them checked and they emit super high EMFs).
Consume bone broth and buy the Dr. KellyAnn Bone Broth diet book. It lists yes and no foods to heal your system. I view food as medicine and when we eat what we are supposed to eat the body is so happy. Intermittent fasting so that autophagy can be triggered, where your cells look for and either kill off or engulf (phagocytosis) cells that are lazy bums, not doing their jobs!
I am a bit uncertain about bone broths. I read that they can be high histamines. I wish I could try intermittent fasting but if I don't eat every 2-3 hours I get so hungry I start to shake. I've also read that intermittent fasting helps to "flush out" the spike protein. I think my issue of shaking may be to do with sugar spikes. Will need to look into it and see what I can do.
I am so sorry this is super long, but I wanted to be sure to answer all of your questions! Remember, your body is WORKING, it is just in an extreme protective state. Though this is a tough time, in due time things will settle. It has to be behavior, choices and patience. When you find foods that work for you, get used to eating just those foods, until your body heals. Then, you can slowly re-introduce other foods to see how you respond. I am here to help you (or anyone) dealing with this insane reactivity.
Thank you soooo much. Very thoughtful and super kind of you. xx
One more edit. Get a charcoal mask from charcoal house. It will help you with those paint fumes!
OMG. Makes sense. Will I need to wear that all day?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm following this thread with a high level of interest, as chemical smells really affect me, too. Finding a non-gassing (to my nose) was quite a feat. I'm now nowhere near as sensitive as @Phoenix or you (or other posters), yet years ago I was nearly incapacitated with physical reactions to smells and airborne particles—perfume, cleaning solutions, laundry detergent, dish detergent, pollens, grasses, etc.

In the end, it took nearly three years of being away from the industry/work I used to be in, and my system managed to detox itself. That was amazing. One day, I realized I could smell the perfume from a passerby, and not having a sneezing, runny-nose, itchy-eyes reaction. A miracle!

What I've learned since is that when the sympathetic nervous system (flight or fight response) goes into overdrive, the "panic" or "alarm" can set off all manner of symptoms in the body. Calming the sympathetic nervous system can reduce stress, reduce reactivity, reduce symptoms, etc., and help the body to heal more easily from the original issue(s).

These days, the only thing I'm aware of that can set my system off for an "allergic" reaction is pollen, if it's a heavy load. When I calm my sympathetic nervous system, the symptoms usually cease (or the very least, greatly lessen) within moments. If needed, I repeat the calming. Although I've used the technique for years, I use thetappingsolution.com (no affiliation) app now, because I like to hear how others phrase things.

Thank you for the link for kapok pillows. I will order some.

That's amazing that your body managed to detox. I am super happy for you, really. x

I am desperately trying to learn to calm my nervous system and not react to stimuli. Actually, for me light is the worst. The curtains are almost always drawn and I have sunglasses on even indoors in brightly lit places, though smells and sounds can also send me into a dizzy spin! Bl**dy Pfizer! I am, however, trying to overcome my body's over-reactions by for example opening the curtains a little more, a little bit at a time, and repeating this everyday with the gap widening a bit more each day.

Anyway, without telling everything about myself on a pubic forum, I shall just mention that emotional stress really does a number on you. It exacerbates everything, literally!!

I shall try and be committed to DNRS for the next 6 months. I shall look into the tapping solution too, maybe a later stage. Thanks for the link. Did your symptoms subside with the use of the technique? I mean, did your MCS subside before or after using the technique? How did you learn to do the technique in the first place? I keep trying to tell my brain to calm down but it's not easy.

Last edited:

luvmysparklies

Brilliant_Rock
Phoenix,
I have to run out for a bit. I will answer all of your questions when I get back.

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
That's amazing that your body managed to detox. I am super happy for you, really. x

I am desperately trying to learn to calm my nervous system and not react to stimuli. Actually, for me light is the worst. The curtains are almost always drawn and I have sunglasses on even indoors in brightly lit places, though smells and sounds can also send me into a dizzy spin! Bl**dy Pfizer! I am, however, trying to overcome my body's over-reactions by for example opening the curtains a little more, a little bit at a time, and repeating this everyday with the gap widening a bit more each day.

Anyway, without telling everything about myself on a pubic forum, I shall just mention that emotional stress really does a number on you. It exacerbates everything, literally!!

I shall try and be committed to DNRS for the next 6 months. I shall look into the tapping solution too, maybe a later stage. Thanks for the link. Did your symptoms subside with the use of the technique? I mean, did your MCS subside before or after using the technique? How did you learn to do the technique in the first place? I keep trying to tell my brain to calm down but it's not easy.

@Phoenix My body did the main detoxing on its own, but there were things that could still cause a reaction—like airborne particulate matter. Certain chemical smells (gasoline, exhaust fumes, paint) really annoy me, but they don't cause a physical reaction anymore. For which I'm so grateful!

And yes, emotional stress can and does wreak havoc on our systems!

For any symptoms I have these days, I do the tapping technique and things calm down right away. I may not consciously know the cause of the reaction, nor how my body might deal with it, but I do trust that the subconscious/body intelligence knows exactly what's bugging it, and has the ability to deal with it. Now, this is at my level of experience, keep in mind.

With tapping on the meridian points, the sympathetic nervous system is literally calmed, along with the primitive brain process, so the chain reaction of stress hormone production, etc., can also calm down.

A friend of mine, many years ago, shared the tapping technique with me. In the time since, I came across the website/app that I linked, and find it's very user-friendly, in that it explains from a scientific point of view what's going on. I tend to be kind of "woo woo" so I trust my experience. Others (like my DH, who is very evidence-based, and needs to have double-blind studies for physical proof) may find that the section on research helps them to understand the effectiveness and simplicity of the technique.

We have a friend who had dreadful PTSD. He did DNRS over the course of several months, and it effectively resolved the PTSD symptoms! It was amazing freedom for him!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Can I please ask that if you don't have anything constructive to add, just ignore my posts.

I am struggling as it is. I don't need this.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Phoenix My body did the main detoxing on its own, but there were things that could still cause a reaction—like airborne particulate matter. Certain chemical smells (gasoline, exhaust fumes, paint) really annoy me, but they don't cause a physical reaction anymore. For which I'm so grateful!

And yes, emotional stress can and does wreak havoc on our systems!

For any symptoms I have these days, I do the tapping technique and things calm down right away. I may not consciously know the cause of the reaction, nor how my body might deal with it, but I do trust that the subconscious/body intelligence knows exactly what's bugging it, and has the ability to deal with it. Now, this is at my level of experience, keep in mind.

With tapping on the meridian points, the sympathetic nervous system is literally calmed, along with the primitive brain process, so the chain reaction of stress hormone production, etc., can also calm down.

A friend of mine, many years ago, shared the tapping technique with me. In the time since, I came across the website/app that I linked, and find it's very user-friendly, in that it explains from a scientific point of view what's going on. I tend to be kind of "woo woo" so I trust my experience. Others (like my DH, who is very evidence-based, and needs to have double-blind studies for physical proof) may find that the section on research helps them to understand the effectiveness and simplicity of the technique.

We have a friend who had dreadful PTSD. He did DNRS over the course of several months, and it effectively resolved the PTSD symptoms! It was amazing freedom for him!

That's ALL AMAZING information. Thank you so much.

I must admit there are several junctures in the DNRS program where I was brought to tears! I don't mind admitting that, lol.

So happy for your and your friends. xx

Last edited:

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can I please that if you don't have anything constructive to add, please just ignore my posts.

I am struggling as it is. I don't need this.

I don't get it. I agree with what you said. It's an important point for all of us. It's a term of agreement; it's not religious if that is what offended you.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't get it. I agree with what you said. It's an important point for all of us. It's a term of agreement; it's not religious if that is what offended you.

No, it's not religion. I find your posts stressful, unhelpful; and at this moment in time, I just cannot deal!

I am asking you to please NOT post in my thread. Thank you.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am asking you to please NOT post in my thread. Thank you.

It's a public forum and this thread is filled with so much misinformation -- even veering into anti-vaccine gibberish. It's alarming and potentially dangerous. It can keep people from getting the help they really need. Please just block me -- I don't need the stress, either.

Mental health diagnoses have been so (sadly) stigmatized that people will search for any way to "medicalize" their symptoms rather than confront their anxiety head-on. And my unforgivable sin here was agreeing with something you posted about the significance of stress. (I hope we agree that stress -> anxiety.) I am not saying that "chemical sensitivity" symptoms are 100% anxiety but we both agree that there is a big component there. And so does another poster above.

This matters to me. I have significant anxiety that has impacted my personal and professional life. It directly exacerbates a health condition that I have; if I have a public-speaking engagement (one of the worst stressors for me), I know it will flare up.

I developed an illness years ago that, for reasons of temporal correlation alone, I became convinced was related to a chemical tile cleaner I had used the day prior. It wasn't. This is how the brain makes connections.

Half the US thinks the 2020 election was stolen, and half of those people think that the opposing party is run by pedophiles in a pizza parlor. Maybe 50 - 100 million people are certain of this. Being firmly convinced of something does not necessarily make it true.

We all "know our bodies" -- like what happens if we eat beans or onions or drink too much or whether we can climb two flights of stairs. That "knowing your body" has nothing to do with knowing how you will respond to a new medication or vaccination, etc.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results