shape
carat
color
clarity

Which Kitchenaid Stand Mixer do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on getting a stand mixer! I have the KA Pro 600 in matte black--I love having the big bowl because pretty much anytime I''m making something in the stand mixer, it''s a big batch. The artisan is great, though--congratulations again!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/9/2008 9:56:42 AM
Author: Dani
CONGRATULATIONS, GAIL!!!!! That is so exciting!!! I just clicked on this thread to talk about Kitchenaid mixers, and saw this awesome news!!! LOL!
So happy for you!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

PS- Oh yeah, back to mixers, ha! I have the Artisan in grey, but, Im embarassed to admit, I have NEVER used it!!! I love to bake, but that thing intimidates me!!! Isnt that ridiculous???? How do I take the plunge? What do you guys use it for? Whenever I have to mix something, I just use my little hand mixer!!!!
I know, Im so lame!!!!
3.gif
Dani, you will love it! Just use it next time you want to make mashed ' taters or a cake! I use mine for potatoes, cakes, bread, cookies, anything that needs mixing.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I have the copper kitchenaid, and love it! I bought it for the color, lets be honest, but its a great kitchen tool, nonetheless.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/9/2008 9:56:42 AM
Author: Dani
CONGRATULATIONS, GAIL!!!!! That is so exciting!!! I just clicked on this thread to talk about Kitchenaid mixers, and saw this awesome news!!! LOL!

So happy for you!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

PS- Oh yeah, back to mixers, ha! I have the Artisan in grey, but, Im embarassed to admit, I have NEVER used it!!! I love to bake, but that thing intimidates me!!! Isnt that ridiculous???? How do I take the plunge? What do you guys use it for? Whenever I have to mix something, I just use my little hand mixer!!!!

I know, Im so lame!!!!
3.gif

Ohhhh girl you don''t know what you are missing! It''s so fun! Next time you want to mix something just force yourself to put it in the KA bowl instead of a regular mixing bowl and mix away! Start on the low speeds, that''s probably all you need. It''s so much fun!

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
First of all, congrats TanDogMom!! So exciting!

I have the Artisan in the shiny light grey color (I think it''s called metallic chrome). I love the color because it''s unobtrusive and goes with everything, although I do lust after some of the other colors on occasion! My FI got it for me as a birthday gift a couple years ago (self-serving, perhaps? but an awesome gift nonetheless!) and I use it fairly regularly, not as much as I''d like though.

I do kind of wish I''d gotten one with the bowl that moves up and down, rather than the tilt-head. My best friend''s mom has a super old one (almost 30 years and still going strong) with the movable bowl, so I''ve used both types, and I just think the movable bowl is easier. But not enough to complain about it, mine is more than good enough for me.

The best, best, best attachment I''ve gotten so far is the ice cream maker. I use it all summer long for frozen yogurt and sorbets, and at holidays to make homemade vanilla ice cream to go along with the pies. Once you get the hang of homemade ice cream, the store-bought stuff just doesn''t taste as good.

I''m hoping for the food grinder attachment for Christmas, I''m super picky about meat so I''d like to be able to grind my own hamburger. FI wants the sausage stuffer
3.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/8/2008 10:06:12 PM
Author: TanDogMom

Thank you again Skippy! I have missed being in touch with you also. I hope to pop in more! Maybe one of these days I''ll post some pics of my kitchen once the mixer comes! (that is a teaser.... will update in one of my next posts about what I bought...)
Please do!!! Can''t wait! Hugs!

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
I have the Artisan in the creamy almondy color, not sure what the actual color is named.

I just wanted to comment on how much I miss living in the states. Artisans are almost $400 in Canada!!!! Even after the exchange rate they are still overpriced!!

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
I have th KA Artisan in Green Apple and I LOVE it!!
30.gif

I ordered the color in store at BB&B and they sent the order through that way since I think in store they only carry the basics red, black, chrome and white or something. I was able to use the 20% off coupon too. I love BB&B!

I also have the slicer shredder attachment and also the juicer which I use often for lemonaid and limeaid. YUM.

Enjoy your mixer!! They are so fun!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
HA I actually have the Artisan but have had a Prof in the past. I am not a fan of the KA overall. I much prefer the hand mixer. It is much easier if you know how to use it quickly. I also have like 4-5 sets of beater blades for it so I don''t have to hassle with having a clean set handy. The KA requires a 2nd bowl and/or beater to use it effectively in my opinion so I only use it for larger batches of dough or cake or frosting. But it''s so messy when I use it! Much messier than the hand mixer. And cleaning is a PITA.

Is it just me or when you mix large batches in the Artisan, do you feel like it''s going to explode??? I feel like it struggles a lot with say a huge batch of cream cheese frosting. My old one was crazy powerful but the bowl was just too big for ''regular'' use.

Hand mixer all the way I say. But if you get a KA and want it for looks and to have something pretty effective, just go Artisan.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/11/2008 7:17:07 PM
Author: Mara
HA I actually have the Artisan but have had a Prof in the past. I am not a fan of the KA overall. I much prefer the hand mixer. It is much easier if you know how to use it quickly. I also have like 4-5 sets of beater blades for it so I don''t have to hassle with having a clean set handy. The KA requires a 2nd bowl and/or beater to use it effectively in my opinion so I only use it for larger batches of dough or cake or frosting. But it''s so messy when I use it! Much messier than the hand mixer. And cleaning is a PITA.

Is it just me or when you mix large batches in the Artisan, do you feel like it''s going to explode??? I feel like it struggles a lot with say a huge batch of cream cheese frosting. My old one was crazy powerful but the bowl was just too big for ''regular'' use.

Hand mixer all the way I say. But if you get a KA and want it for looks and to have something pretty effective, just go Artisan.

That''s the first time I''ve heard someone say they prefer a hand mixer over a stand mixer. I make cream cheese frosting often and the few times that I have done a double batch, it''s not a problem.

But I agree, it is advisable to purchase an extra bowl or two and I bought the metal flat beater because I don''t like the coated ones.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
I have both a hand mixer and a stand mixer, and I like them both a lot but for different tasks. Stand mixers are good for doughs; things where you need both your hands free (like angel food cakes); things that are really stiff, sticky, and/or climb up the beaters (like homemade marshmallows, which almost killed my hand mixer the first time I tried making them!); and things that need to mix for a long time. I use my hand mixer for things that can''t go in the KitchenAid''s bowl (like the simmered egg yolk mixture when I make mousse); whipped cream; and things that are too small to make it worth dragging the big mixer out of the cupboard. I used to do just fine when I only had a hand mixer, but now that I''m spoiled enough to have both, I can''t imagine it any other way
3.gif

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
I got the red Kitchenaid Artisan mixer for Christmas last year and I LOVE IT! I use it for everything from baking (cake mixes, cookies etc) to appetizers (bases for spreads, cheese ball etc) and also many meals including meatloaf so I never have to stick my hands is gross cold beef again. I would be so lost without it. It is amazing.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Just a quick update, I did get the Artisan in black while Amazon had their awesome sale. I used it to make all kinds of holiday goodies and it worked great! Any time I would have mixed something in a bowl with a spoon, I just fire up the kitchenaid. it''s just as easy to clean, and it frees up my hands to start on the next kitchen task while it''s mixing. I''m so glad I got it! Thanks to everyone who gave me input while I was deciding. Also, while the red would have looked great on my counter, the black matches all my other appliances and I am really happy with it.

MishB

Brilliant_Rock
I just got a gorgeous shiny Empire Red Artisan for Christmas. It''s the only red thing in my kitchen, or whole house actually, so it does command attention.

Can you believe they are $700 here in Australia??

23.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results