shape
carat
color
clarity

Which garnet?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ZhenyaH

Rough_Rock
I loooove Vera Wang''s twisted wire rings...but not the hefty price tag! Since I live in the Middle East where it''s a lot cheaper to have custom pieces made in gold, I''m planning on having it custome made. I''m looking to get a 2 ct size stone set in a 18k or 22K gold splink shank setting. (http://www.calvinsjewelry.com/ShowProducts.aspx?cat=79&prodid=3002)

My questions are:

1) Which garnet should I get? As I understand, rhodolite is pinkish red and although pyrope has the kind of rich red hue I''m looking for, because it''s too dark, it doesn''t look good in a lager size. Should I go for spessarite garnet with an orangish hue? I''m looking for the kind with a rich red hue that will look good in yellow gold.

2) If I have it custom made here, how can I ensure that the stone has not been changed out? Should I invest in a loupe and plot the inclusions?

3) Any good online vendors to buy garnet from? I''ve been checking out acstone, palmjewelry, etc.

Jen

ger100

Shiny_Rock
How about a red Hessonite?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results