shape
carat
color
clarity

Which Final Ring Looks Better?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rickster123

Shiny_Rock
This newbie is narrowing his choices and I am currently, as usual, confused. Basically I like both of these. Am feeling good with WF Hearts and Arrows. .81 ish carat, H, VS1. (When I get real real ready to purchase will post the Scope/figures stuff for your valued input.)

For now, can''t make up my mind which looks better.....I like em both. Welcome all opinions, pros and cons, their very well may be something I am missing regarding style/size........Thanks PS''ers

0.736_G_VVS2_Sleek_Line_Pave.jpg

rickster123

Shiny_Rock
or this?

0.837_ct_H_SI1_Three_Row_Domed_Micro_Pave.jpg

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Both are really Beautiful
36.gif

I like the first one more than the second one, but I absolutely thing the both rings are gorgeous
30.gif

jet2ks

Ideal_Rock
Which makes you think of her when you look at it? They have different personalities.

That being said, I like #2--it seems more contemporary and flows better.

rickster123

Shiny_Rock
Jet, I only think of an empty wallet when I look at her.........but, to your point, number 2 "seems" to make me think of her more.......

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
I think the second but only because I like the look of the wedding band and e-ring sitting nicely together, and the band in the first one tapers.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
I love #2 :)

gummibear

Shiny_Rock
I really, really like #2!

One thing to consider though...with all the pavé on the band your GF will need to be more careful with it (greater chance of losing stones). I might have the pavé only go about halfway down the side of the ring if you think it will be an issue.

Good luck
9.gif

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock
#2!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I''m going to swim upstream and vote for #1.

I think the tapered band is a classy touch and draws your attention to the center stone.

Also, with #2, that 3 sided pave might make getting a wedding ring interesting.

btrflygrl23

Brilliant_Rock
Both look great but I vote #2 just really partial to it reminds me of my own e-ring and I find it very eye catching and feminine...
Good luck choosing I know it can be really hard...

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love #2, but both are beautiful. If she is a girl who would be rough with her hands, then number 1 instead.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2009 1:25:38 PM
Author: rickster123
Jet, I only think of an empty wallet when I look at her.........but, to your point, number 2 ''seems'' to make me think of her more.......
hehe too funny on the wallet comment. Oh they are both gorgeous but 2 and ditto Kcoursolle on if she is rough then 1.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like both rings, but I would probably chose #1. I like wearing a seperate wedding band and would not feel comfortable with all that pave.

amyjokerette

Shiny_Rock
#1.

I like the way it tapers in, i also like the smooth sides to the band, and the cathedral band

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m a bit undecided, but think I like 1 more. I think this is based more on my lifestyle than beauty because I like them more equally.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
#1 all the way! I like the cathedral look. just my 2 cents. I like the flow of the lines.

Daisi2112

Shiny_Rock
I like #2.

aveda6

Shiny_Rock
I really like #2..

prettycat

Rough_Rock
#1 is my ring. It like it of course!
#2 looks good from the front side, but I don''t like the way the stone is set- too high and feels unsecure. You can see what I mean on one of the pictures.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Definitely #1 - I think the tapered cathedral flows so gracefully into the diamond, whereas the other looks a little too chunky for me. I also prefer less pave and simpler settings.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I like the first one - that bead set pave is a lot more sturdy than the 3-sided for every day wear. I have two friends with 3 sided pave rings (like #2) and both of them were losing diamonds from the band within 2 months of owning the ring.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2009 5:18:16 PM
Author: vespergirl
I like the first one - that bead set pave is a lot more sturdy than the 3-sided for every day wear. I have two friends with 3 sided pave rings (like #2) and both of them were losing diamonds from the band within 2 months of owning the ring.
Agreed. Also, ring 1 looks more elegant to me because of the taper and how the band flows into the stone. Ring 2 is pretty, but I don''t like the side profile as much (the perspective she''ll see the most) because it looks like the head is stuck on after the fact, rather than being an organic part of the design. Just my $0.02 though! They are both lovely rings.
1.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both are pretty but I personally prefer the taper of number one.

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Number 1 for me.

Like Gwen said, I don''t like the way the head looks stuck on in number 2.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I say number 2 because I love the pave and I think that a matching flush wedding band would be fabulous. I have several pave pieces and I''m not particularly delicate with any of my jewelry, I even have a three row pave piece and I have never lost any stones. Go for the pave!

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
#2!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like #1 best!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I think both are lovely. I''d lean towards the first one if your girl is at all tough on her things - it will likely be more durable because of the setting type and that fact that its slightly less delicate (coming from someone who has accidentally broken my e-ring that was similar to #2).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results