shape
carat
color
clarity

Which Final Ring Looks Better?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

me&myboys

Shiny_Rock
#2 definitely gets my vote.
36.gif
both are beautiful but #2 just does it for me!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Personally, I like #2 because of the cathedral shoulders... But both are lovely!!

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/16/2009 2:52:55 PM
Author: geckodani
I''m going to swim upstream and vote for #1.

I think the tapered band is a classy touch and draws your attention to the center stone.

Also, with #2, that 3 sided pave might make getting a wedding ring interesting.

Ditto!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
#2 appeals to me more.

ahappygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Love #2. Both are beauties - it''s personal preference. #2 just speaks to me.
21.gif

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
Numero Uno! Love the tapered cathedral.
3.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
#1! I love cathedrals!

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
I like them both but I am drawn to #2. Oneof my friends has #1 as her e-ring with an .80 stone and it looks great on her finger.

Date: 4/16/2009 5:18:16 PM
Author: vespergirl
I like the first one - that bead set pave is a lot more sturdy than the 3-sided for every day wear. I have two friends with 3 sided pave rings (like #2) and both of them were losing diamonds from the band within 2 months of owning the ring.
I have to say that I have 2 of the matching wedding bands to #2 and I wear them as stacking rings almost daily and I love them. I have had them for just about a year and have not had any problems at all with stones falling out of either band and I am hard on my hands. I would say that this is a very durable set for pave. They give off a great shimmer.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2009 5:23:47 PM
Author: gwendolyn

I like the first one - that bead set pave is a lot more sturdy than the 3-sided for every day wear. I have two friends with 3 sided pave rings (like #2) and both of them were losing diamonds from the band within 2 months of owning the ring.
Agreed. Also, ring 1 looks more elegant to me because of the taper and how the band flows into the stone. Ring 2 is pretty, but I don''t like the side profile as much (the perspective she''ll see the most) because it looks like the head is stuck on after the fact, rather than being an organic part of the design. Just my $0.02 though! They are both lovely rings.
1.gif
I''d have to agree. I vote for #1.
I was never a fan of rings where the diamond looks as though it''s been plopped onto a round band, just waiting to get knocked and fall off. Just my opinion!

rickster123

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all the feedback PS''ers........

I think it will be a "game time" impulse final decision since I am flip flopping like a fish. Great feedback on the possible challenges related to diamonds completely circling the band, would hate to buy a ring that would cause my gf to concern herself with being extra careful although a couple of comments indicate no problems to date. My gf is basically ultra feminine. Except for the occasional "headlock with noogie" while I am trying to watch the football game and the occasional uppercut she is pretty demure...........jk....

Cant express enough how much this newbie appreciates everyone''s opinion and help. For those of you that supply ultra knowledge about a diamond''s performance to all us newbies.......here is the road a newbie mind travels when embarking on purchasing an engagement ring....

- Walmart.....2 carat J/SI2, $5600...no consideration of cut, angle, pavilion, etc, a diamond is a diamond.What a deal! Look how big it is!
-Surf Ebay- Wow, look at those appraisals from XYZ lab, wow, I can get a pretty ring for 5K and it is worth 25K, what a bargain.
-While surfing Ebay- so many "direct vendors".....their all the same with great prices.Jackpot, better than Walmart. Pick one.
-catch a glimpse of a simple comment while surfing diamonds on net, the comment mentions Pricescope for great diamond advice.
-come to Pricescope site, lurk for a while, read threads, realize I''m dumber than a rock for thinking Walmart and inflated appraisals on the ebay net. All vendors are not the same....
-reach out to friendly folks on PS and utilize their invaluable knowledge to zero in on an excellent diamond that has everything a diamond should have. (Fire, brilliance, etc)
- Feel like I am making an educated, smart life investment that lasts a lifetime. Every time the impending ring "sparkles/shines" in the sunlight I will think of how lucky I was to find this site.

Thanks Folks

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2009 5:23:47 PM
Author: gwendolyn

Agreed. Also, ring 1 looks more elegant to me because of the taper and how the band flows into the stone. Ring 2 is pretty, but I don''t like the side profile as much (the perspective she''ll see the most) because it looks like the head is stuck on after the fact, rather than being an organic part of the design. Just my $0.02 though! They are both lovely rings.
1.gif

Ditto Gwen!

jess1981

Shiny_Rock
I would want #2 it is gorgeous.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock

rickster123

Shiny_Rock
Unbelievable......39 opinions so far and the score is:

19 for #1 Sleek Line
20 for #2 3 Row Micro Pave

No wonder I cant make up my mind........

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/17/2009 12:02:01 AM
Author: rickster123

19 for #1 Sleek Line

Just go with your gut on the one you think she would like better.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/17/2009 1:01:33 AM
Author: kcoursolle

19 for #1 Sleek Line

Just go with your gut on the one you think she would like better.
Those two settings really are quite different, so it makes sense that the ''vote'' would be so split. It''s not like they''re really similar with just a couple of details to set one apart from the other. It''s pretty impossible to narrow the choices down when the two choices are so different, and both lovely!

loveloveloveit

Brilliant_Rock
Rickster, personally I prefer # 2 but agree with other comments that perhaps the pave doesn''t need to go the whole way around. Either of them I think would be a great choice though. If you''re thinking about your empty wallet, perhaps consider which is going to be easier to match with a wedder as well ... good luck!

rosy.jilson

Rough_Rock
Both are nice. But the No.1 ring is Awesome.

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
#2! Gorgeous! And it would look great with the matching band
30.gif

#1 is OK but I would prefer it without the pave. The tapering of the band does not appeal to me at all....
It is just a matter of tastes. Which one would your girl be drawn too?

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
#2 for me!

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock

19 for #1 Sleek Line

Do you think she''d like the flow of the sleek line (#1) or the more ''peg head'' look of the 3 row micropave (#2)? Both are equally beautiful but I''m finding myself more drawn to #1. I''m big on profiles and #1 looks more fluid to me than #2, which sort of looks like the head was just plunked on the band (for lack of a better description).

Good luck deciding!

kiett98

Shiny_Rock
#2 for me.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
one - for practicality and design reasons - both look lovely, but 3 sided pave can be slightly inconvenient..

FroggyMont

Shiny_Rock
I vote #1. very classic and beautiful

kjt

Rough_Rock
I like the band of the 2nd one better, but the head of the 1st one.

If I had to choose though, I''d go for the 1st ring.

Wonder if you can combine the 2 ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results