shape
carat
color
clarity

Which eternity band(s) would you choose?

mimi72

Shiny_Rock
This is my Leon Mege e-ring:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-leon-upgrade-emerald-cut-with-french-cut-sides.173652/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-leon-upgrade-emerald-cut-with-french-cut-sides.173652/[/URL]

I love it dearly, but want something a little less flashy for certain days at work.

I set out to buy a plain platinum band, but was seduced by diamond eternity bands. I've wanted one for about 20 years anyway.

Both options are in platinum, appear low set, closed basket shared prong settings, full diamond eternity, size 5.75, appear well made with comfortable prongs.

Option 1: one band, 25 point stones, 4.25 ctw, F-G, VS, very good cut quality, unbranded. Very pretty and love the larger size.

Option 2: Two bands that can be stacked, both with 10 point stones, 2 ctw per band, branded high quality (eg Tiffany, Cartierr, HW), D-E, VVS-VS. This option is about $3k more than option 1. Advantages are brand/known maker and the flexibility to wear only one at a time for a low key look.

Both are from non-local but reputable vendors who offer an inspection period.

Votes??

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Could you post pics Mimi?

mimi72

Shiny_Rock
I do not have photos, sorry. I guess I just wanted opinions on whether, given the above factors/differences, people would recommend one larger band or two smaller bands, with approx equal ctw. I suppose it's largely a personal preference issue.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I would prefer a single band.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For me it depends on the look on your finger... Both options can be stunning.
Personally I love stacking so the option of two bands appeal to me. Personally I would opt for two Erika Winters bands because of the modern classic look and unique feel.

I love love love your Leon ring by the way :love: :love: I have a version with OEC and french cuts, made by VC.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it depends if you plan on continuing to collect stacking bands. If you like the idea of getting more bands and mixing/matching
then I would go with the two bands. If that idea doesnt really appeal to you then I would stick with the single, bigger eternity band.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
+1 to my own post: would you consider a wider french cut band?

mimi72

Shiny_Rock
I prefer simplicity and don't think I'm interested in mix/matching other bands. It sounds like a more modern look though...at 43 I'm getting out of touch.

Acinom, thanks for the compliment on my ring. VC's work is amazing too. I have a dearly prized Cuprian Mozambique tourmaline which I will have reset by him *someday*.

mimi72

Shiny_Rock
Acinom, I think I'll choose between these options. The French cut bands I've seen on PS are stunning, but not now. I don't intend to wear this band with my Leon, so the matching isn't a concern.

FightGravity

Shiny_Rock
It sounds like you tried them on? Which option did you like better on your hand?

I love a big eternity on its own, and/or mismatched stacked bands (e.g. A big eternity plus a micropave, or any two of the gorgeous Erika winters bands) over 2 matched 10pt bands. But it really comes down to what you like best!

mimi72

Shiny_Rock
I have not tried them on. The sellers are not local but there is an inspection period in case I want to return. I'm leaning toward the single larger eternity band based on comments and the fact that when I have looked at bands on the past, I've wanted bigger stones.

FightGravity

Shiny_Rock
Go try some in the same sizes at a local jeweler! I bet it will make the decision much easier.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If wearing alone get the .25 stones. If you want simple days and mix and match days get the .10's. I have .10 and I love it. I prefer the simple look but I wear it with my ering and without. If I were wearing primarily without I would probably upgrade.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Option 2. IMO, Your ring doesn't really need a band at all. So if you wear one, it's clearly extraneous (not in a bad way), and you are wearing it just to stack. The only way it would not seem separate is if you made a matching one. Just my 2c.

rebeccaromijn.jpg

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Just going by your comments...it sounds like one larger ring is better for your lifestyle and preferences. Is it an option to try on something similar or get these in so you can see what you prefer in person? :wavey:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you order both and send back the one you don't want?

Sounds like the single big one may be more up your alley.

mimi72

Shiny_Rock
LLJsmom - I don't intend to wear the band with my LM ring. Agree it's extraneous. This band is to have something less flashy at work or other times when I don't want to scream "huge diamond!".

I can't get both at the same time, but I might try the larger band and see how I like it. It is not huge compared with some of the eternity bands on PS, but 25 pointers will still be pretty eye catching. I may be defeating my original purpose of getting something low key, but "go big or go home."

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mimi72|1451570037|3968873 said:
LLJsmom - I don't intend to wear the band with my LM ring. Agree it's extraneous. This band is to have something less flashy at work or other times when I don't want to scream "huge diamond!".

I can't get both at the same time, but I might try the larger band and see how I like it. It is not huge compared with some of the eternity bands on PS, but 25 pointers will still be pretty eye catching. I may be defeating my original purpose of getting something low key, but "go big or go home."

Sorry mimi, I wasn't paying attention. You wanted a non-ering day band. I see.
I think 25 pointers would make a very blingy and beautiful eternity. Can't wait to see it!

carabella

Shiny_Rock
I agree - a single, substantial band seems like the way to go. It will be beautiful!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results