shape
carat
color
clarity

which e-ring is better? (see pics)

laguy1

Rough_Rock
slg47|1308431133|2949136 said:
If you prefer the open-ness of the Tiffany setting, BN has one that is similar. they also have many AGS0 princess diamonds in stock in your specs that might be worth checking out.

sig47: i checked out BN and when you plug in a princess cut diamond, they all have the bar that goes from left to right on the settings, i have not found one that does not have that "bar", thus i cannot find one that has that openness. do you see one that i might have missed? thanks!

laguy1

Rough_Rock
Christina...|1308410266|2948973 said:
I think letting her choose is a fantastic idea. I think alot of girls out there would prefer to have some input on the ring they are going to wear for the rest of her life. I have friends that would prefer the Tiff name over the size of the Blue Nile, and friends that are 'size queens' :naughty: and would always choose the bigger stone over quality (not that the blue nile ring isn't quality w/o specs it's hard to know).

I prefer the Tiffany setting, but like the faceting of the BN stone. Is it possible to change the setting of the Blue Nile , I know that there are alot of Tiffany like settings available. If both diamonds perform the same, I would prefer the larger BN stone.

Have you considered presenting your g/f with one of the rings and then allowing her to choose a setting of her own liking? Many girls I think would decide to keep the ring and setting that there fiance picked for them for sentimental reasons, others though, I think would prefer to set the diamond you selected into a setting that she adores and will love for the rest of her life. Either way she loves you and will undoubtedly love whichever you ring you choose for her. Its a beautiful exciting time, enjoy it! And congrats!! :appl: :appl:

thanks for the comment on that the above way would most likely be appreciated. :)

laguy1

Rough_Rock
thanks again to all for your opinions! this is my first post on pricescope and all of you have been so helpful!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Blue Nile has a setting called the 'petite nouveau' and it has the more open 'tiffany like' view of the pavillion. I think that you would be much happier with the BN stone in this setting! :) Let me know what you think. :)

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Haven|1308417082|2949015 said:
Christina...|1308410671|2948975 said:
:lol: and what does 'wonky' mean??? I tried looking it up and all....... :roll:
Wonky means off-center, askew, unsteady . . .

"He has such a wonky sense of humor. He always laughs during eulogies."

lol I lied I didn't really try to look it up, I assumed it was some new slang I wasn't up on! :oops: :lol: I won't even tell you how long it took me to figure out what 'DH' meant! :nono:

Ickeymouse

Rough_Rock
Did you try asking BN if they could set this princess in a non basket, open pavilion head, with V prongs?

laguy1

Rough_Rock
Ickeymouse|1308456081|2949331 said:
Did you try asking BN if they could set this princess in a non basket, open pavilion head, with V prongs?

asked BN about a non "support bar" (the bar that goes left to right) on the prongs, BN said they do not have any without the support bar b/c they said it makes the princess cut diamond "more secure."

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

ahh, our English professor :D I like your example.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Amys Bling|1308494622|2949504 said:
ahh, our English professor :D I like your example.
:bigsmile:

Christina...--It took me ages to understand PS when I first joined, so I definitely understand how it feels. :cheeky:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
laguy1|1308467948|2949390 said:
Ickeymouse|1308456081|2949331 said:

asked BN about a non "support bar" (the bar that goes left to right) on the prongs, BN said they do not have any without the support bar b/c they said it makes the princess cut diamond "more secure."

what about this setting?
http://www.bluenile.com/solitaire-diamond-engagement-ring-setting_3074

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
hhmm! The petite nouveau at blue nile says that it can only be set with asscher, radiant, round and cushion. So strange that they don't have an open tiffany like setting for a princess cut. I'm thinking though that if you asked them to set this stone in this setting that they would. you could also just order the stone from them and have a different vendor, or your local jeweler set the stone for you. There really isn't anything wrong with the setting that it is in now, it's really just a matter of preference. So long as the prongs are tight and all the same size you are good to get on with the proposal!! :naughty: If they aren't then Blue Nile will certainly correct them!

Seems I'm learning something new here everyday too! :lol: It's safe to say that I will never forget what 'wonky' means, in fact I think I'm going to show me the bling to look for some examples.... :loopy:

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Christina...|1308500039|2949548 said:
hhmm! The petite nouveau at blue nile says that it can only be set with asscher, radiant, round and cushion. So strange that they don't have an open tiffany like setting for a princess cut. I'm thinking though that if you asked them to set this stone in this setting that they would. you could also just order the stone from them and have a different vendor, or your local jeweler set the stone for you. There really isn't anything wrong with the setting that it is in now, it's really just a matter of preference. So long as the prongs are tight and all the same size you are good to get on with the proposal!! :naughty: If they aren't then Blue Nile will certainly correct them!

Seems I'm learning something new here everyday too! :lol: It's safe to say that I will never forget what 'wonky' means, in fact I think I'm going to show me the bling to look for some examples.... :loopy:

:oops: Man, that didn't sound nice at all....'going to show me the bling to look for examples'.......sorry I didn't mean to imply that PSers have 'wonky' rings. :nono: I'm calling it a day and going to the beach.... ;-)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Christina...|1308504184|2949575 said:
Christina...|1308500039|2949548 said:

:oops: Man, that didn't sound nice at all....'going to show me the bling to look for examples'.......sorry I didn't mean to imply that PSers have 'wonky' rings. :nono: I'm calling it a day and going to the beach.... ;-)

This made me laugh out loud. Every time I post one of those recently made examples from BN of what to look out for I am saying a little prayer that it's not a PSer's ring!

In any case - I sincerely doubt anyone will be offended ;)) there are things about everyone's pieces that can be used as 'what not to dos' if someone cares to voice those preferences, afterall!

alvina

Rough_Rock
second one dude

lbling

Rough_Rock
I think the Tiffany's one is much prettier. I'm not usually a Tiffany's fan but in comparison to the BN ring I definitely like the Tiffany's one better. But which one do you like? You will have to wear it day in and day out. Do they both feel the same on? Does one feel more comfortable?

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Another vote for the blue nile. Although, like most of the others, I'm not loving that setting...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results