shape
carat
color
clarity

which diamonds look bigger??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gracie007

Rough_Rock
okay, so I am looking for a cushion cut diamond...I think I will eventually get it online, because I havent been able to find any around here...I went to a jeweler today just to look at different sizes....The emerald cut looked so much smaller than a round diamond of the same carat weight...I know that with a round diamond, you get the most for your weight...but I was really Astonished by how MUCH smaller the emerald cut looked...does anyone know anything about cushions? DO they look smaller than others....I don''t know if I will be able to see one in person before I tell my Boyfriend a definite! THANKS SO MUCH

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you are going to base the shape you want on which looks largest (which I think is unwise for many reasons) The Marquise or Pear shape stones look the largest. I think cushions looks smaller as well as princess, asscher and emerald cut. There are many threads on this (along with great photos and charts) so I would do a search. I have an EC and even though I know that if it was a round it would look largest it doesn''t bother me. I love the shape MORE than the size.

gracie007

Rough_Rock
I am not basing my decision purely on size , but i was shocked at the difference between the two. i dont wanna be shocked if i get a cushion.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think cushions look smaller than rounds.

mamchris

Rough_Rock
Hey Gracie,
It took me a year to figure out what I wanted, i had a 1 ct rb, and I wasn''t sure if I wanted a new mounting or a new stone. All I knew is if I was going to upgrade I wanted it to be a big difference. So finally, I decided on an oval, great sparkle and the spread was tremendous compared to a rb. side by side you would think a 2 ct oval was a 3ct compared to a 2 ct rb. In any event the halo setting I wanted to have custom made (again to make the diamond look even larger) simply looked better in a rectangular setting. So I picked a beautiful cushion cut diamond, which does face up smaller than the oval, but still has a nice spread. But it took me very long to find it. It is much more rectangular than some of the other cushions which tend to even look very round. So my cushion looks much bigger than a rb, because of the spread. So to me, the size was definately a factor. Don''t be ashamed to look for a fine stone that faces up even larger. I am trying to post my photos, but I am having a hard time. I will keep trying.

gracie007

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much! please keep trying, I am dying to see it :)

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
You should check out albicocca''s thread. Her cushion looks huge. I think she said it was a shallower cut but has lots of fire. I also think her setting makes it look larger.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results