shape
carat
color
clarity

Which diamond would you choose?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nope. If I do this, I need to pay taxes on the diamond ( Us and Cad) whereas not the Us taxes if shipped in the Us. That saves me a lot of money:)

You are incorrect. If shipped to Canada, you do not pay US taxes. I have bought so many things from the US and had them shipped to Canada. You do not pay US taxes in that situation.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s a little leaky, but I defer to others with more experience to give thoughts on how leaky and if it’s bad leaky.

Last edited:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OP, since you asked why I wouldn’t choose #2 it’s because I don’t like spready 60/60 diamonds (generally speaking, as I wouldn’t rule them out). I prefer small tables and high crowns, swoon. I don’t prefer a 33 crown angle, though the 75% LGF is desirable for nice fat arrows.

I also think it could have clarity issues for a vs2 and I’m concerned about the crystals, as they are the grade setting issue for clarity. Are they black or white crystals? Some are on the table and in an over 2 carat stone, that might bug the tick out of you if you can see them. I’d have to see it to evaluate it more.

Plus, I am a fire and sparkle person over bright flashes. If you want to check out my IG, it’s yatcube. I have videos of my asscher, and the CBI sapphire stone. I’m not suggesting you get a superideal since it’s likely out of your budget though BG is having some Black Friday sales and I haven’t checked his website or WF... which btw, WF next category below ACA is I believe expert selection which includes stones that would have made ACA but since they have Fluor they didn’t, so it may very well be worth checking the expert selection there.

Some people prefer 60/60 diamonds, not everyone wants to pay for a Super Ideal, they simply want a bigger spready diamond. This is a classic case we were talking about in the other post about how sometimes people vary and lets face it their budgets vary, not everyone can afford a CBI.

This stone should not have clarity issues setting it. Nor being an E should it ever have enough body tint or hue unless the poster is extremely unlucky. The only thing if they want a 60/60 that can impact the clarity of this stone is the fluorescence, so they need to ask the vendor if it negatively impacts this stone at all. If the answer is no then the fluorescence can in theory off set any body tint or hue but being an E coloured diamond graded by GIA I don't see that as an issue.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some people prefer 60/60 diamonds, not everyone wants to pay for a Super Ideal, they simply want a bigger spready diamond. This is a classic case we were talking about in the other post about how sometimes people vary and lets face it their budgets vary, not everyone can afford a CBI.

This stone should not have clarity issues setting it. Nor being an E should it ever have enough body tint or hue unless the poster is extremely unlucky. The only thing if they want a 60/60 that can impact the clarity of this stone is the fluorescence, so they need to ask the vendor if it negatively impacts this stone at all. If the answer is no then the fluorescence can in theory off set any body tint or hue but being an E coloured diamond graded by GIA I don't see that as an issue.

I believe she is ordering this one, so as you can see, she is buying the one she chose. Isn’t that the end result we all want? In the end, people choose what they want. So then this was a perfect example of an ending we at PS desire....

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I believe she is ordering this one, so as you can see, she is buying the one she chose. Isn’t that the end result we all want? In the end, people choose what they want. So then this was a perfect example of an ending we at PS desire....

Agree, and we could have gotten there without the assumption that all of us who like super ideals are "brainwashed" into loving a mere marketing ploy. All's well that ends well!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BTW, IF this one doesn’t work out

(and I absolutely hope it’s perfect and makes your heart sing),

I still think you could reach out to David at diamonds by Lauren. I think he likes good 60/60s and while good ones are harder to find these days, I’m pretty sure he looks because he talks about them often. He probably would be a good resource for stretching your budget and getting a good stone.

But like I stress, I’ve got my fingers crossed for you that this JA VS2 is a gorgeous one like they said it is!

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Folks please keep the convo to the diamonds and not taxes. Everyone should be paying all legally required taxes.

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It passes the IS. I'd encourage the poster to buy an ASET and check the stone once it is in hand.

The CA and PA pairing leave me with some concern...even in a 60/60. I personally seek a a higher CA in a 60/60, but you really have to see a 60/60 to judge them.

Last edited:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Serg posted this in response to me asking about why there aren’t many well cut 60/60s around any more (for instance, that throw fire too).

I’m not sure what it means, lol, but I’ll put it here. I think these must be good ones for optical performance?

Can anyone chime in and address?

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a 2.05 G VS2 Expert Select from WF. This stone is a near ACA miss due to some minor inconsistencies in the hearts images and the crown (35.5 vs max 35) and depth (62.6 vs max 62) falls slightly outside ACA criteria.

Still has great images, and the video looks great.

Also, love those chunky arrows! While GIA rounds LGF's to the nearest 5% it appears those reported 75 LGF's are closer to actual 73's. FYI, actuals can vary 73-77, and smaller # equals fatter arrows.

The downside would be a drop in color, and the proportions aren't as spready as the 60/60 stone you found.

The primary reason I wanted to show you the above stone was so I could show you these two 60/60 stones, also offered by WF. This is important because I wanted you to see consistent IS, ASET and H&A images vs actual videos and photos in as near identical environment as I could get you online.

They don't fit your size goals. But I wanted you to see how they might perform differently in the videos, and how they look a little different in the images.

Do your eyes prefer one style or the other?

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you get it yet!!??

karylicious

Shiny_Rock
Got it today! It looks gorgeous! It was inspected by their gemologist before sending and the medium fluo does not influence the diamond negatively at all. I have not been outside with the stone but in the direct sunlight from the window, I find it looks amazing- please note that I have no experience with this at all so I cannot wait to have a jeweler look at this for me:) I will post pics when I have my camera:)

karylicious

Shiny_Rock
Question: is it just me or is it normal that I did not really see blue in my diamond when I’m the sunlight inside?

karylicious

Shiny_Rock
This is what it will look like when the stone is set in the ring:)
I am really happy. Thank you all for your input and help, thanks to all of you, I now know a lot more regarding fluorescence and I have more diamond knowledge:)
2DAB1590-C91D-4F90-AF3C-31567CE3FEC2.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results