shape
carat
color
clarity

Which diamond band would you choose (NEED HELP FAST)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
If you had my solitaire, 1.76 carat round, in 4mm cathedral mount. Option #1 is a 4.5mm wide 18k white gold 5 stone band (20 pointers) totalling 1 carat. G in color, VS clarity, for about $725, OR, Option #2, thinner band (3mm) 11 diamonds (9 pointers), totalling about one carat, G in color, VS clarity. This one is about $ 500/ Need to buy one of them, just don''t know if the narrow band with smaller diamonds will look better, or the wider band with bigger diamonds? HELP!! Thanks

beau13

Ideal_Rock
This is the narrow band

1 carat 9 pointers.jpg

beau13

Ideal_Rock
This is the wider band with 20 pointers

09e1_1.jpg

beau13

Ideal_Rock
This is my e-ring

Photo372 (2).JPG

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d go with the smaller one, probably. I think bigger diamond bands can sometimes take away from the center stone. Why is it such a rush, though? Shouldn''t you take your time and find the perfect fit?

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
I personally like the larger band. Not sure if that will be too much bling. I think it''s something about the thinner band I just don''t like, like the diamonds sit up too high.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Here is a profile shot of the 11 stone 3mm wide band

195038c.jpg

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Beau~you''ve seen my wedding set. I have the 20 pointers and love the look! I can also wear the w-ring on its own and have plenty of coverage. Remember, I am a self-proclaimed blinggirl, but not OTT
2.gif

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Yes, risingsun, I LOVE your wedding set. Is there anywhere on this site, that I can get a good view of your 5 stone band? I just looked at the pics you posted on one of my earlier threads, about tall set rings, but it''s hard to see the band. Thanks. (SO...you are saying go for the 5 stone 20 pointers, rather than the thinner band?)

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
FIVE STONE :) WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I think it looks GREAT!!!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m SO curious that I had to ask. Where can you get a five stone one carat ring for $725.- and a nine stone one carat for $500.-? The $500.- seems REALLY unlikely for G VS diamonds. Where? I''d like to see what else they have!

Have you bought from these people before and do you know for sure that these stones are the quality they say they are?

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
P.S..... I need to shop where you shop... My 5 stone ring is costing me way more
7.gif
errrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

waterlilly

Brilliant_Rock
I think narrower bands compliment the solitaire, while the larger add overall bling. Not sure if that makes sense...with the larger stones you are creating one big bling effect...sort of like wearing a nice delicate silver necklace with some really beautiful silver earrings vs. having a necklace with a pendant that specifically matches the earrings! either way - both are great rings! And - yeah...where are you getting these prices!!??

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I forgot to weigh in with a choice! I''d definitely do the smaller band to wear "with" your engagement ring. That band won''t take away from your center stone. But then there are times when I don''t feel like wearing my engagement ring, so I would wear the five stone alone.

Buy them both!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the narrower width, although being me, I''d be likely to want one on either side for symmetry.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/28/2007 9:55:34 AM
Author: gemgirl
I''m SO curious that I had to ask. Where can you get a five stone one carat ring for $725.- and a nine stone one carat for $500.-? The $500.- seems REALLY unlikely for G VS diamonds. Where? I''d like to see what else they have!

Have you bought from these people before and do you know for sure that these stones are the quality they say they are?
Ditto!

I''d go with the 20 pointers, but that''s because I absolutely adore Marian''s set--it is gorgeous!

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/28/2007 10:36:50 AM
I forgot to weigh in with a choice! I''d definitely do the smaller band to wear ''with'' your engagement ring. That band won''t take away from your center stone. But then there are times when I don''t feel like wearing my engagement ring, so I would wear the five stone alone.

Buy them both!
Yep, that would be my choice too (at those prices anyway...)!!!!

beau13

Ideal_Rock
I went ahead a paid for the narrower 11 diamond band, but I am seriously considering the 5 stone as well. I just want to make sure of their return policy. The 11 stone comes from Dover Jewelry, and they seem to have a great reputation, great quality jewelry and prices I can't resist! PLUS...for the first time EVER, I got the ring for cheaper (worked out to be $450 CDN, since the CDN dollar is worth more than the US dollar...go figure!) I can hardly beleive I just got a ONE carat band for less than $500!!
http://stores.ebay.com/DoverJewelry

Please delete this post if it is not appropriate, I am not sure if I am allowed to post where I got the ring from, or posting another jewelry store, but so many of you seemed interested. So if this is innapropriate, please delete post. Thanks

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beau,

When you receive your ring and have it inspected by a reputable jeweler, let us know if those stones really are G color, VS clarity. I''m very curious.
1.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/28/2007 11:41:54 AM
Author: Haven

Date: 9/28/2007 9:55:34 AM
I'm SO curious that I had to ask. Where can you get a five stone one carat ring for $725.- and a nine stone one carat for $500.-? The $500.- seems REALLY unlikely for G VS diamonds. Where? I'd like to see what else they have!

Ditto!

I'd go with the 20 pointers, but that's because I absolutely adore Marian's set--it is gorgeous!
Haven~Thank you for the compliment...you are a sweetheart
2.gif

Beau~I'll take a pic of the w-ring by itself for you...

beau13

Ideal_Rock
That would be great risingsun, since I think I may buy the 5 stone too!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
First pic shows top view...please excuse "golden hue." I took this under an incandescent lightbulb
14.gif

005 w-ring 1.jpg

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Side view, to show the height...HTH You have to choose what feels right and looks right to you
1.gif
As always, be cautious with ebay, but you already know that! If you can get both bands, you will have lots of different looks to wear. Let us know what you decided...with the e-ring setting, too
2.gif

002 w-ring 2.jpg

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Thanks risingsun...yes E-bay is a chance sometimes, but I have received wonderful diamond pieces in the past, at great prices. You have to know where to shop, who to trust, and I research the seller thoroughly using toolhaus..etc. This is the side profile of the ring I think I will buy. Sits fairly low...will go with many settings I think.

0afd_0.jpg

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
This is the side view of my ring from the HOF website:

BrdAnn5R_2a.jpg

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Front view from HOF site...now you are fully up to date on my five stone ring
2.gif
Enjoy yours, when you get it!! I need a camera with a better macro. My camera is a poor performer. I wonder what it would get on the HCA
3.gif

BrdAnn5R_1a.jpg

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Rising sun...if she had your HOF one to choose I would say YEAH BUDDY!! That is a beaut!

Beau...I am glad in this situation you went narrower of the two choices...I am leaning towards the same equation for myself with one adjustment...I think I am going to shoot for TWO narrow bands.

I wonder if you too thought about two of the narrow ...and sandwich your solitaire inbetween. YUM. Well, that is my goal, I think. So the reason I vote for your narrow one may have a personal motive behind my reply. In general I always say BIGGER as in Rising Suns yum yum HOF one.

Show us the loot when you get it!!!

DKS

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
DKS~Where is your thread, oh seeker of more bling? Inquiring minds and all that
2.gif
/end threadjack

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would chose the 5 stone
emwink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results