shape
carat
color
clarity

Which color gold for this band?

Which color gold would you go with, and matte or polished?

• yellow gold

Votes: 19 38.0%
  • white gold

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • rose gold

Votes: 23 46.0%
  • matte finish

Votes: 21 42.0%
  • polished finish

Votes: 23 46.0%

• Total voters

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I'm considering buying a stand alone band to wear for a wedding band. I love this designer, but am not sure about the color gold or the finish. Which would you recommend? You can choose both a color and a finish.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
The picture didn't show. Sorry.

montage flat.JPG

montage swirl.JPG

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That's such a personal thing. If it were me, and I intended to wear it as a total stand alone, I'd go with something different from my wedding set. It would give me a way to indulge my love of rose gold (in my case), but wouldn't need to be coordinated with my platinum set. I'd go with the polished, since over time, it will soften (tend towards matte) anyway.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Golly, no opinions at all? That's not the Pricescope I know! :tongue:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like them all so it is a tough call...I think I like the yellow gold and the rose gold better than the white. It reminds me of the
type of ring that they would have worn back in the Knights and maidens era so the white gold isnt working for me as much.

I'm thinking not polished.

Edit - I decided to go with the matte yellow gold :bigsmile: .

lovemybling

Brilliant_Rock
I voted rose gold. But that is my personal love. Also I like mixing metals so if I did wear with an ering that was "white" of any kind I love the contrast. Also here on PS we see quite a bit of rose gold but in the real world it is really unique.

good luck
:bigsmile:

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have seen this band, it's gorgeous! If it were me, which it may be since I have been wanting one of these :love: I would go with the rose gold in the matte finish. I think it's a really unique and special look. Best of luck with your choice!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
The pictures got really squished because of the darned sidebar (does that thing annoy anyone else?) Here's the full size pics.

montage swirl.JPG

montage flat.JPG

vsc

Shiny_Rock
I voted yellow gold matte for that old Etruscan look. It's beautiful! I love the scrolls and carving.
My second choice would be the rose gold, which I usually prefer - but this one looks a little too dark/coppery for my taste.

pixies

Shiny_Rock
I love the matte finish for this design. I'm torn between the rose gold and yellow gold though. Both look amazing!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I picked yellow gold because of zero maintenance and zero change over time. The rose gold looks nice, but I think sometimes it darkens as it ages and I don't personally like copper. White gold might have to be replated. I like both the polished an matte finishes but I picked polished thinking it would show less wear. Matte sometimes highlights fine scratches. I love this ring though, nice find!

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a pretty band!! I personally like the high polish yellow gold :wink2:

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
i like the matte yellow and rose gold in that order. seems appropriate for the type of piece and that era it seems to suggest

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
If it's a stand-alone band I would opt for something bolder than my set to be able to mix it up, so I would go for matte yellow or rose gold finish.... I technically voted rose gold on the poll :)

starshine

Shiny_Rock
I love the rose gold! :love:

moosemom

Shiny_Rock
I like both the matte yellow gold and rose gold - probably the rose gold just a bit better.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I'd probably get white because I think it's the most versatile, as in it would look good with other jewelry. My second choice would be rose, and last would be yellow. I think I like the matte finished better than the polished one.

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
Matte rose gold!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
The white looks like silver to me. I think yellow. Matte finish.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think they all look beautiful, including the white. My preference is polished versus matte, because the detail work is so pretty why blunt it?
Additional info. I was considering having my anniversary ring with a matte finish because in the store I found those finishes attractive. Howeve the vendor warned me that the polished will end up getting scratches on it (and becoming worn) while the opposite will happen with the matt pieces where the matt finish will get worn/smoothed away. So, if you wear a gold ring, it will antique itself naturally. However it is alot easier to repolish a smooth finish than to fix a matte finish.

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'd do it in 18k yellow and polished. (for many of the same reasons that Lyra stated) I'm picky about rose gold. If it's 18k and of peachier hue, then I'm all for it, but I think this band would be a classic in polished yellow gold. The white gold-even if unplated-is meh imo for this design.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Pink and polished!!!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I loathe yellow gold .... so I'm not the least bit objective! Leaning toward the matte rose or the matte white. For some reason that band doesn't seem to look as "special" or unique in polished form.

(I thought you were in "unload" mode rather than "acquire" mode. But HA! I guess here on PS we can coexist in both categories at once.)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rose or white gold unless your coloring looks good with yellow.

This is a beautiful ring! Can you share the source?

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
This is quite helpful. I didn't know that a matte finish was hard to maintain. Who woulda guessed. I'm also surprised that there has been such an endorsement of rose gold. I love rose, and since this would be a stand alone band, it wouldn't conflict with what I'm wearing.

For those who've asked where I found this, it is the same goldsmith who made my new dangle earrings. http://www.etsy.com/shop/AdziasJewelryAtelier?ref=pr_shop_more

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I just found an example of the wide (5mm) rose gold polished version of this ring. I think this may be exactly what I want!

wide rose 4.jpg

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
High karat matte yellow gold :))

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
risingsun|1312054693|2980643 said:
High karat matte yellow gold :))
Ooooh yes!! If you can't get the lovely high k then rose...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted for rose gold and would go with matte finish.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Ooo I like the wide band much better! I voted white gold with a polished finish but the rose gold is beautiful too. I don't particularly care for the yellow gold or the matte finish...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results