shape
carat
color
clarity

Which BM dress?

Which dress do you like more?

• #2: Bill Levkoff 453 (Mermaid''ish/ shown with ivory band at waist but will be black)

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • #3: Jenny Yoo Chloe (Shown in red)

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
You all will be so proud of me. I''ve hunted and hunted and hunted, and I''ve found 2 dresses under $200 that I like.

So which is your favorite? (The entire dress will be all black, whichever is chosen.) I am putting the high priced one in as well, just for reference.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
#1:

levkoff808.jpg

meresal

Ideal_Rock
#2:

levkoff453.jpg

meresal

Ideal_Rock
#2: (back)

levkoff 453 back.jpg

meresal

Ideal_Rock
#3:

chloe.jennyyoo072509.jpg

Jena17

Shiny_Rock
My favorite is #1, I love it and it will flatter most body types. Mermaid styles are great, but not everyone can wear them well. It depends on your bridesmaids. But I really like #1

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I think that the first dress is the most wearable. If you have multiple body types, I think it''s the most forgiving! The mermaid style doesn''t look good on everyone.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I voted for #1. I think it''s the most beautiful by far... while the others are lovely, next to #1 they look a little "meh."

Of course, at your wedding they won''t be next to anything else, so they will look just beautiful. The comparison just doesn''t do them any favors!
2.gif

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
I searched back for a picture of your dress. Sooooooo pretty!!!!
30.gif

After seeing that, added to the fact that I just like this one the best, I picked #1. I think the bow compliments your dress the best, plus I think it''s the most interesting of the 3.

NovemberBride

Brilliant_Rock
I am going to go against the crowd and say 2 or 3 over 1. While that dress looks great on the model, it has a ton of ruching and I don''t think it will look great on anyone who has a larger chest or is anything other than stick skinny. In my opinion, ruching, especially the all over ruching on that dress, tends to make everyone look heavier. I''m not sure what your girl''s body types are, but I''d make sure they all try that dress before rodering because it is not going to flatter most body types, IMHO. I also personally prefer the more polished look of the satin dresses over the tulle.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
number 1 by a long shot. I''d imagine the dress has a good structure to it, making it appropriate for a woman with more curves than the model. The other two just blend into the background.

summertime

Shiny_Rock
I picked #2, because I love the bow in the back! I also prefer the more streamlined style. It was a tough choice - all three are gorgeous.
1.gif

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE #1! I think its gorgeous, and would look good on most body types.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for your input everyone!! My MOH and one of my bridesmaids tried on #1 and #2 and liked both of them, with #1 being the favorite. MOH is about 5-6 athletic build but slender, BM is about 5-2 short, petit but curvy. All of the other BM's are between 5-5 and 5-10, very slender and average to small busts.

I've tried on all 3. However, only have pics from #2 and #3. I forgot to save the picture of #1 before I closed my phone.

I have pretty much ruled out #3. It is $317 and if every single one of you didn't chose it, then there is not sense in me picking that one. So it's down to #1 or #2.

#1: I tried on, and luckily the top of the dress comes up pretty high and makes a larger bust seem much less than it actually is. I didn't get to see a picture of the dress on the BM that is 5-2, but she said it looked great.
Novemberbride: My mom had the same opinion about the tule adding weight, but it actually doesn't at all, and I even tried it on in ivory. The a-line skirt is still the overpowering factor. The salon is just down the street from my building so I am going to go tomorrow at lunch to get another picture it.

#2: I LOVE from the side. With the bow popping out just a little bit, it is super flattering.
30.gif
However, from the front it really likes to add weight around the hips. Here are the two pictures I took. Does anyone else see the lines on the front being a problem?

ETA: The BM that is 5-2 is the shortest of all th bridal party, by about 4 inches. I worry that the #2 will make her look even shorter?

me.levkoff453.front.jpg

meresal

Ideal_Rock
For reference purposes I am 5-8, slender/athletic build with slight curves.

me.levkoff453.side.jpg

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 12:46:41 PM
Author: luvthemstrawberries
I searched back for a picture of your dress. Sooooooo pretty!!!!
30.gif

After seeing that, added to the fact that I just like this one the best, I picked #1. I think the bow compliments your dress the best, plus I think it''s the most interesting of the 3.
Thank you. I don''t get to see it very often, and I fall in love all over again each time I do!!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
What does your dress look like?

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
I love #1!! It is so pretty! The others to me are more average BM looking dresses. #1 had more of a wow factor for me.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 3:00:56 PM
Author: tlh
What does your dress look like?
Here is the link to the thread... I don''t post the picture anymore, because C knows about the site. Although I''m not sure if he looks around, I AM pretty sure he doesn''t know how to use the search function. I don''t want him skimming my current threads for secrets
2.gif

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/found-my-dress.93537/

tlh

Ideal_Rock
I vote #1, I think it will go great with your dress... but that said, I really like #3 and how it speaks for itself. BUT, think about your girls bodies, the A-line does tend to be the most universally flattering... but if your girls have rockin'' bodies... I would go w/ #3...
The bow on #2 competes too much visually... and IMHO doesn''t go with your dress.
OOO this is fun!
36.gif

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
#1 is absolutely beautiful!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
I voted for #1 but I also like #3 too!
2.gif

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I definitely think #2 will make a short girl look shorter!

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
I''m 5''2" and very curvy (although much heavier than your bridesmaid!), but if it were me wearing it, I''d go with number 1. I''m thinking that on a shorter person, the band across the middle of #2 might wind up taking up the entire torso, and on a curvy girl, that could have the effect of making the slimmest part of her body look heavier, thus making her look heavier in general, and who wants that, right? I also think that the a-lines tend to be more flattering and elongating whereas a mermaid cut on someone short can make them look like an upside down lightbulb unless they''re very very thin (I hope that doesn''t sound offensive! I think they''re beautiful, but they''re a silhouette that typically works better on women who are either taller or extremely thin). As for the ruching, I think it depends entirely on how it lays--if it stays pretty flat and is bunched into very thin sections, it can be extremely slimming whereas larger pleating can make you look larger. Ha, that was a lot of blahblahblah just to say I like #1 the best, huh?
9.gif

audball

Ideal_Rock
Definitely #1 speaking as a 5''2" curvy and not terribly slender girl myself. If all but one of your bridesmaids are tall and thin, any of them will look great. I''d pick #1 for cost and for flattery on your shortest BM. #2 is lovely, but with someone short, I think the wide bow will take up her whole waist and make her look shorter and NOT accentuate her smallest part.

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Another vote for #1!

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
#1 here, too!

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
My favourite, by a long shot, is #1.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I like 2, but make sure your girls are comfortable with a mermaid style first. While it''s true that 1 is more universally wearable, I don''t like the ruching. My real favorite is actually 3, but I wouldn''t pay Jenny Yoo''s prices either!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 12:32:52 PM
Author:meresal
So which is your favorite? (The entire dress will be all black, whichever is chosen.) I am putting the high priced one in as well, just for reference.
Which one is this? The last one?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results