shape
carat
color
clarity

Which BM dress?

Which dress do you like more?

• #2: Bill Levkoff 453 (Mermaid''ish/ shown with ivory band at waist but will be black)

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • #3: Jenny Yoo Chloe (Shown in red)

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 12:59:28 PM
Author: NovemberBride
While that dress looks great on the model, it has a ton of ruching and I don''t think it will look great on anyone who has a larger chest or is anything other than stick skinny.
I believe that that gown was worn by a past PS bride (in ivory) for her wedding, and if it is in fact the same dress, then I''m gonna go ahead and disagree!
1.gif
She was not stick skinny by any means, and it was wonderfully flattering and chic on her figure.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Thank you everyone, I really appreciate ALL of your input. I know that one of my BM''s went and tried the dresses on this afternoon, and she liked #1 the best, so it''s looking like that will be the one. I should have three more answers tomorrow as well.They have to be ordered by the end of next week, so hopefully we''ll have an answer by the weekend.

I showed the picture of me in the #2 dress to my mom thru an email, and she called me back immediately. She said I had never looked shorter.
40.gif
So I think that answered that question. For those of you that liked #2 the most...I showed it to FI, on the model, and it was his favorite. After I showed him the picture of me in it, he said it was not as flattering for taller people. Yeah, thanks babe
20.gif
. I appreciate his honesty though. That model looked very tall in that dress, she must be tiny!

I love #3, but it is just too expensive to ask 9 people to pay for, three of which(my sisters) have families. Jenny Yoo dresses are gorgeous, with amazing fabrics, and if I had the funds I would buy all 9. I also found out today, from the boutique, that they are no longer offering "rush" orders, so we are past their deadline anyway.

Date: 2/18/2009 9:56:28 PM
Author: musey

Date: 2/18/2009 12:59:28 PM
Author: NovemberBride
While that dress looks great on the model, it has a ton of ruching and I don''t think it will look great on anyone who has a larger chest or is anything other than stick skinny.
I believe that that gown was worn by a past PS bride (in ivory) for her wedding, and if it is in fact the same dress, then I''m gonna go ahead and disagree!
1.gif
She was not stick skinny by any means, and it was wonderfully flattering and chic on her figure.
Musey: It''s funny that you say that, because I tried it on in Ivory, and though what a gorgeous wedding gown it would be. Actually, I told my sister the exact same thing in an email today. The ruching is very tight and close to the fabric, so it keeps the slimmng lines that a normal A-line dress portrays. Thanks for posting this!

Thanks again for all of your opinions. You girls are the best!!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Belated vote for #1, just ''cause I''d love to wear that dress! It will look so chic in all black.

kmci

Shiny_Rock
#1 is my favourite, but I think #2 would look good in al black, I don''t like the contrast band

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love number 1. It''s so beautiful.

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock
My vote is for #1! I think the line is gorgeous and is the most flattering to most shapes.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I like the look of #1, but worry that it might not be very flattering if your bridesmaids have less-than-perfect figures, so I voted for #3, but if its really out of the budget, I think #1 will be fine.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
In reference to you asking about #2 adding weight from the front view, I definitely think it does. That''s why I didn''t vote for it. I liked it from the side in your photos, but the way it curves downward when looking at the front definitely adds weight to the hips and somehow shortens the torso a whole lot. Not very flattering from the front, I think. That''s why I liked #1 - from the front, the sash is straight across. Much more flattering.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
My mom went with one of my sisters, who tried the dresses on yesterday... and though #2 look amazing on her, their favorite was #1.

Here's a shot with a white sash and one with the black tie, and you can see my adorable niece (Flower Gril) in the backround
30.gif
30.gif

ETA: This dress was really big on my sister, and the SA cinched it weird at the waist.

liss808 with white.JPG

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Number one gets my pick, and can I just say again that I ADORE your dress, meresal?!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Gwen!! I've missed you pretty face around here
12.gif
. How is everything going?

Here the dress with the black ribbon. I like the one tone look, it's more formal, but I'm thinking of replacing the small black ribbon (hardly seen in this picture) with a thicker black satin one, more like the white one above.

liss808 with black.JPG

lurkinglurker

Shiny_Rock
Number 1! And it will be flattering - I wore a bridesmaids dress like that and it was flattering (even on my non-skinny self. :)

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 10:39:01 AM
Author: meresal
Thanks Gwen!! I''ve missed you pretty face around here
12.gif
. How is everything going?
Aww, thanks, sweetness! Seriously, I''d totally forgotten how absolutely stunning your dress is--why they are discontinuing it is beyond me! It''s divine!
30.gif

Annnyway, thing with me are ok--stopped posting for a bit because I''ve been sick this month and barely able to muster the energy to make it to work, let alone do anything else. Still coughing like crazy, but am on my second round of antibiotics so hopefully it will be gone soon.
1.gif

Here the dress with the black ribbon. I like the one tone look, it''s more formal, but I''m thinking of replacing the small black ribbon (hardly seen in this picture) with a thicker black satin one, more like the white one above.
Aye, I like the one-tone look as well, and a wider satin ribbon should give it a nice sheen to draw a bit of attention to it without breaking up the lines of the dress (in my non-expert opinion
3.gif
).

How''s the rest of your wedding planning going? You staying relatively stress-free?
35.gif

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
#1 hands down, it is STUNNING!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results