shape
carat
color
clarity

Which appraiser tool good for measuring light return, fire, scintillation?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

silverbuggy

Shiny_Rock
Below is a list of gemological instruments available at the place I plan on getting an appraisal done. I''m most interested in finding out the diamond''s light return, fire, and scintillation. Does anybody know if any (and which) of the tools below would be good for measuring those attributes? I''m looking for something similar to GOG''s Gemex Light Performance Report. By the way, I already took ideal scope images myself.

Binocular Microscope (0.7X to 4.2X)
Diamond Proportion analyzer
Electronic Gem Scale
Electronic metal scale
Dichroscope
Polaroid filter lenses for microscope
Refractometer
Diamond grading light
10X hand loupe
Master comparison set
Polariscope
GIA Proportion Scope
Ideal Scope
Hearts & Arrow Scope
Heavy liquids
Fiber optic light source
Chelsea Filter
Millimeter micrometer
Presidium Electronic Gemstone Gauge
Presidium Gem Weight computer
Immersion cell
GIA GEM Spectroscope
G-1 Electronic Gold Tester and acids
Ultra-violet light (long and short wave)
Leverage Gauge and Tables

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
"Measuring" is very different than "judging" or "discriminating". Measurement implies a numerical, repeatable and consistent result or the results have little meaning. I use ImaGem direct assessment for measuring brilliancy, sparkle and intensity. I support the use of the Ideal-Scope for judging and discrimination, but it does not measure. Very few appraisers own "measuring" tools when it comes to analysis of light return. Your own eyes can do a pretty good job of selecting a beautiful diamond without any measurements........

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results