shape
carat
color
clarity

Where to source scissor cut/ crisscut side stones?

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm really excited: this crisscut style diamond is on its way to me :dance:

diamond-Cushion-1.03-Carat-D-SI2_0_first_ (2).jpg

Its 1.03cts and the long sides are 7.21mm.

I'm thinking of a few different setting options but generally plan to end up with either a 3 stone ring or possibly 5 stones if I add small baguettes at either end of the trilogy. There are so many variations on this going around in my head at the moment, including trapezoids, baguettes, tapered baguettes, emerald cuts etc.

But one idea is to source a smaller diamond pair with a similar look to my centre diamond. My diamond is not a branded crisscut, in fact the GIA plot shows a slightly different facet arrangement than a true crisscut. My stone is officially a cushion because it has slightly curved corners, even though it has the look of an emerald crisscut. However, a pair of small crisscuts would work well, or any other scissor type cut. Even some version of a baguette or emerald cut with some extra facets which would give a nod to the look of the centre diamond might work well.

Does anyone know where I might find these? My centre diamond is a D colour, so I need to keep within the DEF colour range for the side diamonds, and in spite of this I also need to keep the cost down :wall: I'm looking for a loose pair or could possibly re-use a pair in a semi-mount ring.

Lovesparklesparle

Shiny_Rock
What is your budget? What measurements are you looking for? I remember finding a ring with these in it but skimmed by as it’s not what I’m after. They wouldn’t have been more than 2mm or so I don’t think.

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
D&T has some. I think she has a different username now and she’s now marked trade. But I know for sure a few months ago she had 2 or 3 different pairs that were for sale.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This dude is an India Diamond company that specifically sells sidestones pairs, if you tell them what you want cut wise and size wise if they don't have it they can probably cut or get you something;

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What is your budget? What measurements are you looking for? I remember finding a ring with these in it but skimmed by as it’s not what I’m after. They wouldn’t have been more than 2mm or so I don’t think.

I probably need something in the region of 4.5 x 3mm if rectangular, but I'm open to different options depending on what I can find.

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
D&T has some. I think she has a different username now and she’s now marked trade. But I know for sure a few months ago she had 2 or 3 different pairs that were for sale.

Thanks - is D&T her PS username?

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This dude is an India Diamond company that specifically sells sidestones pairs, if you tell them what you want cut wise and size wise if they don't have it they can probably cut or get you something;

Thanks, I will try contacting them. I was hoping to be able to find a used pair (I know - like looking for a needle in a haystack :???:) but I'm not sure I want to pay the premium thats likely to be charged for having them custom cut.

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It was. I think she made a new one but when I tried to tag it, it didn’t pop up. I found her on LT. Link here. I bought my most recent upgrade from her and she is great. I’d buy from her again.

Thank you so much - I will try her. :)

rocksjust4me

Rough_Rock
I'm really excited: this crisscut style diamond is on its way to me :dance:

diamond-Cushion-1.03-Carat-D-SI2_0_first_ (2).jpg

Its 1.03cts and the long sides are 7.21mm.

I'm thinking of a few different setting options but generally plan to end up with either a 3 stone ring or possibly 5 stones if I add small baguettes at either end of the trilogy. There are so many variations on this going around in my head at the moment, including trapezoids, baguettes, tapered baguettes, emerald cuts etc.

But one idea is to source a smaller diamond pair with a similar look to my centre diamond. My diamond is not a branded crisscut, in fact the GIA plot shows a slightly different facet arrangement than a true crisscut. My stone is officially a cushion because it has slightly curved corners, even though it has the look of an emerald crisscut. However, a pair of small crisscuts would work well, or any other scissor type cut. Even some version of a baguette or emerald cut with some extra facets which would give a nod to the look of the centre diamond might work well.

Does anyone know where I might find these? My centre diamond is a D colour, so I need to keep within the DEF colour range for the side diamonds, and in spite of this I also need to keep the cost down :wall: I'm looking for a loose pair or could possibly re-use a pair in a semi-mount ring.

Can you share where you found your stone? I have long since wanted a crisscut and a non-branded one is even better.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you share where you found your stone? I have long since wanted a crisscut and a non-branded one is even better.

If you look in the cushion section of James Allen, Blue Nile, and other big diamond sellers with pictures or videos, you will find them. Search depth under 65%, maybe even depth under 63%. There are usually between 1-3.

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Yes, I got mine from James Allen. They had had a handful in over the last couple of years but none that had particularly good light performance. They do seem to do ASETs for these diamonds which is helpful. When I finally found mine and it had such a great ASET I knew it was too good to pass up!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results