shape
carat
color
clarity

Where to go for (? yellow) OEC MMD please?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was hoping there would be a similar thread like the CS's Trusted Vendor for Reference in this section, however, there is none.

Hence my request for suitable vendors for an OEC in MMD please.

Just at the planning stage as I have other bling projects already in the pipeline. Hopefully the prices will come down a bit by the time I am ready.

This is the inspiration ring setting I have in mind, 8.5 US for my LH ring finger, size for the OEC possibly in the region of 1.5ct.

I quite like a yellow OEC diamond for this setting if the right shade of yellow is available as in vivid and intense, but not golden.

rt-105.jpg

Thanks for your help in advance.

DK :))

muesli

Shiny_Rock
I got mine from Distintive gem (Rhino) and love it.

Here she is:

20200328_110152.jpg

It's a IGI G for reference so no yellow tint (I love that myself and plan to get a low coloured omc/oec in the future).

Here it is together with a mined GIA F (they are a bit dirty):

20200729_121136.jpg

20200729_121302.jpg

I wish you the best of luck! That ring is going to be fabulous!

MelloYello8

Shiny_Rock
That’s a tough one. I don’t see a lot of clean vivid yellows that don’t have an orangey color and for some reason they are often cut as radiants or cushions. Try vendors who cut diamonds and also work with mmd, like Rhino. Maybe they can get vivid yellow rough to work with.

Yellow lab diamonds used to be a lot easier to find since they were sold long before labs figured out how to grow white diamonds, but now I think very few vendors continue to focus on making yellow diamonds. You’re almost better off looking for a vintage mined stone that’s a fancy light and getting a cup for it.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another MMD I have in mind is an intense pink heart.

I am guessing I may have to go to the likes of Rhino at Distinctive Gems for that.

The alternative is to go down the Moissy route.

MelloYello8

Shiny_Rock
Another MMD I have in mind is an intense pink heart.

I am guessing I may have to go to the likes of Rhino at Distinctive Gems for that.

The alternative is to go down the Moissy route.

That’s easier. Light box made them for a while but I can’t find it on their website. It’s still at reeds. https://www.reeds.com/lightbox-hear...VSTL4caxLbinJM4RWRU_XKnucUaEkSoAaAvvcEALw_wcB

Edit: light box still has options for hearts

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MelloYello8

Shiny_Rock
Ooo, that's a thought, get a pending and take the stone out. This is a bit on the small size for me, however, I shall bear that in mind. Thanks for the link.

If you scroll down I think there’s a half pendant option too, but I don’t think they ever made them any bigger than that.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you scroll down I think there’s a half pendant option too, but I don’t think they ever made them any bigger than that.

Thanks for that. Hopefully they will make a bigger one at least 1ct if not 1.5ct by the time I am ready to get one, as 0.5ct is still too small for my chunky ring finger that is 8.5 US in size.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you see this thread:

I think MMD is still so new they aren’t “trusted” vendors yet, but more like ones to watch. And if you buy please share your experience.

OcnGypZ

Shiny_Rock
Jon's got a MRB MMD in yellow. 1.38 ct. For an OEC in MMD - he'll be your best bet. He also has an N Natural Diamond AV round 1.38 ct.... and an AV cushion M 1.513 in natural diamond. Good pricing IMHO on the natural diamonds. Go search under "In house" diamonds on his website.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you see this thread:

I think MMD is still so new they aren’t “trusted” vendors yet, but more like ones to watch. And if you buy please share your experience.

Nope, probably missed it because it is not a sticky, DOH!

Thanks for the link.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results