shape
carat
color
clarity

Where to go for appraisal

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jcarrey4

Rough_Rock
Ok, I think I''ve decided on blue nile, dispite my hangups of online jewelers, and to get around the way i feel about some of the warranties the brick and mortar stores have, I''ll obviously get it insured. (I would have, anyway, so, no big deal) Anyway, my next questions are: Where can I find a place to get it inspeceted, is re-certifying it the same as "getting it inspected," and where can i find the best place to research insurance for it so i don''t get screwed on that end?

Also: http://www.bluenile.com/diamonds_details.asp?__fun_frm=i&pid=LD00382565&filter_id=0

let me know what you think! I''ve read a lot about fluorescense, let me know if you think it''s bad! I was planning on going with that stone in a platinum setting with channeled diamonds (5 on each side)

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Welcome to the forum, Jcarrey4.

Regarding appraisals: check out FAQ section. There is quite a few good topics about appraisal process. You can try to find an independent appraiser in your area or ship it to one of the independent appraisers who participate on this board.

Obviously, re-certifying is not the same as inspection. For re-certification (re-grading) you have to send a loose diamond to a grading lab (GIA, AGS, etc) while inspection can be done by a qualified professional to make sure the diamond matches its grading report and/or provide you with other information.

Medium fluorescence shouldn't be a problem. Since this is Signature diamond (i.e. should be in-house) ask Blue Nile gemologist to eye-ball it for you and answer your questions before shipment.

Oops, Regular Guy already posted good links. Your in the good hands since RG spent quite a bit of time researching appraisal process
34.gif

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2006 10:41:55 AM
Author: Pricescope
Your in the good hands since RG spent quite a bit of time researching appraisal process
34.gif
Well, reflecting on it, anyway. Thanks, Pricescope. Nothing quite like the rubber meeting the road.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results