shape
carat
color
clarity

Where to go for an upgrade?

JenRN

Rough_Rock
Hi all! I am looking to upgrade my 2.78 OEC, M/VS2 for a similar size (2.24-2.5) oval or pear (leaning towards pear). I have reached out to Alex at Park Fine Group, Good Old Gold, Maytal and Abe Mor. Either I’m told there’s no diamonds with my criteria (flexible on color but eye clean), check back in a month or I am told ‘I’ll email you tonight with some options’ and then there’s no follow up. It doesn’t leave me feeling too comfortable. Does anyone else have any suggestions on where I could look or is there legitimately a diamond shortage?
Thanks!

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
To be clear, are you looking to trade in your stone or add a new one?

JenRN

Rough_Rock
To be clear, are you looking to trade in your stone or add a new one?

Trade in mine towards and upgrade. Sorry, should have been more clear!

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi Jen,
I know that's got to be frustrating. I'd try a few instagram peeps & see what they might have.... I would try reaching out with a quick message & tell them you will follow up with an email. Might get you on their radar. Others will have more suggestions. This might get you started. Adam is probably a good one to contact for sure. He has a lot of inventory. Good luck .:))

Diana: sincityfinds

Dolly: xothebijoubox

Sako (has his own standing shop too): cdj_sako

Jocelyn: gildedlane

Adam at Old World (has his own shop): Old World Diamonds

Grace (has own shop): Jewels By Grace

I did include the link which I had to delete because it also took you to my account. LOL Search & they'll pop up.

Last edited:

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
^——These!! ALL OF THESE!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Plenty of pears available through JA (and I'm sure BN too but didnt look). So?

@laurenk is selling her beautiful pear. Maybe you can work out something with her and Jewels by Grace. Not sure of the value
of the pear. Its pretty nice though.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diamonds by Lauren would be another recommendation, as well.

They are also on IG.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trade in mine towards and upgrade. Sorry, should have been more clear!

I suspect this might be the issue. Have any vendors agreed to take yours as a trade in? What kind of loss would you take on your stone?

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I suspect this might be the issue. Have any vendors agreed to take yours as a trade in? What kind of loss would you take on your stone?

I think that's the issue too, if I had to guess. Doing the trade in is more complicated. I think that you would be better off selling your stone outright. Or consigning it.

JenRN

Rough_Rock
Hi Jen,
I know that's got to be frustrating. I'd try a few instagram peeps & see what they might have.... I would try reaching out with a quick message & tell them you will follow up with an email. Might get you on their radar. Others will have more suggestions. This might get you started. Adam is probably a good one to contact for sure. He has a lot of inventory. Good luck .:))

Diana: sincityfinds

Dolly: xothebijoubox

Sako (has his own standing shop too): cdj_sako

Jocelyn: gildedlane

Adam at Old World (has his own shop): Old World Diamonds

Grace (has own shop): Jewels By Grace

I did include the link which I had to delete because it also took you to my account. LOL Search & they'll pop up.

Thank you!

JenRN

Rough_Rock
Plenty of pears available through JA (and I'm sure BN too but didnt look). So?

@laurenk is selling her beautiful pear. Maybe you can work out something with her and Jewels by Grace. Not sure of the value
of the pear. Its pretty nice though.

I know that pear looks amazing! I did talk to Jewels by Grace but she only takes in diamonds with GIA cert and this is AGS so I would need to send it off to GIA and it seems like too much of a hassle. I can def reach out and let her know im
Interested in this and see. Won’t hurt!

JenRN

Rough_Rock

I have had 2 agree to take it and the loss would probably be around $2/3000. Good old Gold said I could consign it for about what I paid but again, there’s been no follow ups in days so I have no idea.
where could I consign it or sell it outright? I’m open to that as well!

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
I just read that pears are in demand. Rare carat has a service for selling stones. Not sure how the ags vs gia cert. factors in. I also recall Abe Mor as being recommended here on ps.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You'll likely need to sell your diamond and then you can look at all possible options. Most vendors aren't going to want to take a trade in of a stone they didn't sell in the first place. Almost none of the vendors mentioned will have well cut pears or ovals on hand with the specific specs you want, and they aren't going to spend the time searching for a stone that involves a trade in with minimal profit for them.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you are interested in an antique pear, verma estate just posted one on IG. Since they deal in antique stones, maybe they will take yours in trade (I didn't read their policies so I don't know one way or another). They didn't post the specs of the pear, but it looks pretty. May be worth investigating!

1595618031441.png

JenRN

Rough_Rock
If you are interested in an antique pear, verma estate just posted one on IG. Since they deal in antique stones, maybe they will take yours in trade (I didn't read their policies so I don't know one way or another). They didn't post the specs of the pear, but it looks pretty. May be worth investigating!

1595618031441.png

Thank you!!!

more-Sparkle

Rough_Rock
Hi all! I am looking to upgrade my 2.78 OEC, M/VS2 for a similar size (2.24-2.5) oval or pear (leaning towards pear). I have reached out to Alex at Park Fine Group, Good Old Gold, Maytal and Abe Mor. Either I’m told there’s no diamonds with my criteria (flexible on color but eye clean), check back in a month or I am told ‘I’ll email you tonight with some options’ and then there’s no follow up. It doesn’t leave me feeling too comfortable. Does anyone else have any suggestions on where I could look or is there legitimately a diamond shortage?
Thanks!

Hi there!
Just wondering what you decided to do. I’m in the same predicament!

JenRN

Rough_Rock
Hi there!
Just wondering what you decided to do. I’m in the same predicament!

I had to up my budget and was able to trade in my diamond towards an oval from Alex Park. He gave me a super fair price and way more than any other vendors. I also could have sold it on consignment with Good Old Gold or here on the preloved forum. Good luck!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results