shape
carat
color
clarity

Where to get the best Tiffany inspired legacy wedding band?

bunnysparkle

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone,

I'm in the market for a "spacer" ring between my shared prong e-ring and wedding band. I really like the Tiffany legacy look with the milgrain and bead set diamonds. The ring I'm looking for would be half-circle, not eternity. I'd like it to be under 2mm. Mark Broumand gave me some specs for this ring (http://www.markbroumand.com/product/055ct-Round-Brilliant-Cut-Diamond-Wedding-Band__2072-1D731805.aspx) for a 1.8mm shank with G-F diamonds and platinum. It has VS1 and VS2 clarity, which is nice because it would match my ering and wedding ring clarity. It looks very nice, but I wanted to see if there were other options. I thought the price was fair, but I wanted to see if anyone else has this ring and can attest to its quality? Nice milgraining is important to me.

I'd like to keep the budget under 2k, but I don't want to sacrifice workmanship and quality. Is there any hope for me? If you have pictures or other places you would recommend, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Where to get the best Tiffany inspired legacy wedding ba

I have the real Legacy band, and I believe the total diamond weight is about .40. Therefore, if you want a half diamond band, you'll want to go more like .20.

When my daughter was looking for a milgrain diamond wedding band last year, by far the best quality and price we found was for a handmade one by Maytal Hannah. You can have engraving on the part without stones. My daughter's was wider at 2.5mm, but I would definitely contact Maytal for a quote. She used to work at Tiffany so she knows the Legacy.

#110 and 112 are what you are after (my daughter did full eternity except a small sizing area and it was under $2000 last Dec.)

http://maytalhannah.com/

bunnysparkle

Rough_Rock

Thanks for this suggestion Diamond Seeker--I do remember your post awhile back with your daughter's ring. I like the engraving on the side a lot. I like the original legacy a lot, and I tried it with my shared setting wedding ring, but its a different height from my wedding band (which is also from Tiffany). It looked a little strange because it sat lower than my e-ring and wedding band. Probably because bead set might not need as much height with the way it's set?

I believe they quoted me about .35 at Mark Broumand if I went with them for total carat weight--but I suppose it all depends on how far around the half circle goes.

I will definitely contact Maytal and see what other options they can offer. Thanks!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

My Legacy band is the same height as my e-ring. The great thing about custom is that you can specify the height. But you know, with a beautiful Tiffany shared prong band, are you sure you want a diamond band for the middle ring? Have you tried a plain band?

bunnysparkle

Rough_Rock

I do love my shared setting, and I did try a plain band. Personally, I'm not super thrilled about how it looks. I also want to have some stacking options should I want to just wear the bands. I kind of like the extra sparkle, but I like now the milgraining will add a little bit of separation. :D

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I have a half shared prong band, and I actually have worn it alone with the Legacy band. So I get what you're saying! You really might have to have one custom made to get it the right height.

What e-ring do you have?
Nevermind! I just searched and saw it! It is gorgeous! I am so sorry I missed commenting on it! I see what you mean about having the milgrain edges to sort of separate the two diamond shanks. I imagine you need the spacer to keep that shared setting from scratching the e-ring prongs, too.

bunnysparkle

Rough_Rock

Thank you! My e-ring was a custom job, so lucky for me the wedding band ended up being the same height! Otherwise, we'd have issues. :)

I think I will go with the custom job--Originally, I wanted the milgrain on the e-ring, but I decided to go with shared prong because I think my everyday style fits better with shared prong. I think the milgrain wedding band will satisfy my itch. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results