shape
carat
color
clarity

Where to get stones similar to Tiffany Paloma sugar stackers

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Righto! Next project is to do some stacker''s similar to the Paloma Picasso sugar stacks. They look to be cabochon like stones but not totally I like the Rubellite peridot lemon quartz chrysoprase aquamarine well really the whole dang lot. It as if they are unfaceted but not quite a cabochon.
Who would be my best bet?

ppss.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
They are cabochons, just really included cabochons (at least the big one in the picture is pretty included.) AJS or multicolour are probably two good places to start looking.

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
There are some cheapies on, dare I say it, overstock.com that are similar. Depends on the quality you are looking for.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2009 4:16:10 PM
Author: ilovesparkles
There are some cheapies on, dare I say it, overstock.com that are similar. Depends on the quality you are looking for.
I was just about to say that. They are pretty close, though smaller I think.

And that first stone is ridiculously included! What is it supposed to be?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the yellow stacker, the largest one. The colour is good and it''s quite clear. The rest looks quite included or opaque. I have no idea where you''d get some though. Have you tried AJS? Multicolour?

soycoffee

Shiny_Rock
I have no idea where to get those stones, just wanted to say that those are so pretty! Even with the inclusions, it''s just a cool look. But, I do have to say--I''d never guess that they were tiffany! Just a new look compared to a lot of their more classic stuff, I guess. Call me crazy
26.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I think the yellow is a citrine, which would explain it''s clarity - they tend to be fairly clear, at least in my experience. You could get one just like it for pretty cheap, too.

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everybody. I kind of like the included look it makes them more modern and edgy IMO. But they are hideously expensive about 1800 or more for the rubellite I think.
Thanks for heads up on sites I will be spending my Easter looking (We have a 4 day break here so happy days!)

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hey Kate,
I think you''ve already seen my pics in this thread https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/more-fun-things-on-etsy.107673/page-6
I just went through deciding where to buy cabs, and found Gemrite had the best range.
Personally I like some inclusions, such as in the rubellite I bought - but the Tiff''s prices are a joke, demonstrated by
the fact that my cab was ~$30US.
Then have the setting made, maybe $90 from Sally or another etsy seller = $120USD. I have no idea how they would get to $1800
20.gif

soycoffee

Shiny_Rock
Those are gorgeous, arujajane! NOw I feel like making some new projects, too..
41.gif

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I like them too. Someone suggested ajs, that might be a good place to start or even multicolor. Perhaps the settings could be from adwar or even a local jeweler.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results