shape
carat
color
clarity

Where to get platinum ring polished?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wapila1

Rough_Rock
My platinum wedding set was purchased through an online vendor. Where do you take such rings to get cleaned/polished? Are there any national chain stores that are reputable for that kind of work? I live in Maryland, if anyone can suggest a local jeweler. Thanks in advance!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Some online vendors polish the platinum rings they sell, and if that were the case, I''d ship it, insured back to them, after contacting them first. That''s what I do.

wapila1

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 1:05:23 AM
Author: Imdanny
Some online vendors polish the platinum rings they sell, and if that were the case, I''d ship it, insured back to them, after contacting them first. That''s what I do.
Yeah, I''ll never do that. Way too much trouble. LOL. At least I know myself! I appreciate the advice though.
1.gif

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
But that''s the thing. I don''t know who I''d trust to do this. People say it''s no big deal. I''m not so sure.
40.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
You might ask the vendor or designer to recommend someone local to you. In the case of my ring, it is a designer/''brand'' piece that was sold to me through an online vendor, so I located one of the designer''s authorized retailers in my area and have used that for service. Yet another option is to determine who the most reputable platinumsmith in your area is (most likely by speaking to a hopefully unbiased party like a local appraiser) and use them.

Shipping it back and forth is really not a good option - it (obviously) means being without your ring for a longer period; there''s a risk, however slight, of the package being lost/stolen in transit, though if you ship registered mail it really is quite safe, but pricey, and depending how often you want your ring polished the cost will really add up; and it simply is unnecessary. Save yourself the hassle and do what most PSers do: develop a relationship with a local jeweler.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
I live in rural Hawaii. I don''t know if I have a local platinumsmith.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results