shape
carat
color
clarity

Where to get a great Diamond Stud online?

Sparkly_Sparkle

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I'm new to pricescope & hope to get some advice from diamond experts out there. I have seen many recommendations for White Flash, James Allen & of course Blue Nile. Specifically, would love to get some diamond studs in either white gold or platinum setting with the following specs:

Colour: D-G
Clarity:IF-VS2
Flourosence:None
Shape: Round/Princess/Radiant/Cushion
Triple Excellent
Carat: 0.7- 1ct in total

I not sure how radiant & cushion cut would measure up into diamond studs, do you guys out there think it would have the same brillance like the round shape? Also, I would like it in a martini or halo setting which the main stone is surrounded by a circle of small diamonds. I hope to build my own earrings, but the vast number of vendors and information out there really overwhelms me. So please enlighten me! Btw, would be great to recommend vendors that offers international shipping as I'm from Australia.

Cheers!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Sparkly_Sparkle, welcome to PS! :wavey:

I'm an Aussie too, and have had fantastic experiences with Brian Gavin Diamonds, IDJewelryOnline and Whiteflash. I'm currently having a pair of round brilliant cut diamond studs made by Whiteflash, and the entire process has been so easy. I spotted a diamond on their site which is exactly what I was after, and I got on their live chat (I'm a shift worker so it was about midnight here, so someone was online in the US) and reserved it, and within minutes they had found a match for me. Shipping is around the $70 mark depending on value of the items being posted. In all, each transaction has been so simple and the quality of the pieces is superb. I haven't had any experience with Blue Nile, but apparently they don't actually have their diamonds 'in house', so they can't check if they are eyeclean for you, they are a drop shipper. BGD, Whiteflash and ID comprise of staff with fabulous eyes for these things and can check stuff out for you in person right away if they have the stones in stock, and they are very used to appeasing us finicky Pricescopers ;))

Also each vendor sells diamond stud 'jackets' that a normal stud slots into to give it a halo, you can purchase them seperately so you can alternate between a halo'ed stud and a plain martini! I'm not sure if you've seen these but they're a great idea if you like variety! :loopy:

I hope that helps! You will probably get more responses if you post this in Rockytalky, one of the forum moderators could maybe move this thread for you? Good luck hun - oh and please post pics of your studs when they're in your hot little hands! :bigsmile:

Sparkly_Sparkle

Rough_Rock
Hi DandiAndi :)

Thanks for the advice & info, will check out the suggested jewellers. BTW, do you know how much custom taxes are you paying for them to come into Aust as I understand that goods above AUD$1000 are subjected to 10% tax. Just dont want to blow the budget thats all. But the high Aussie dollar makes it more favourable to buy from US now ;))

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely, now is a great time to buy! Yep customs will ping you 10% GST but due to the free trade agreement between Australia and the US (AUSFTA) we are exempt from paying the 5% duty, so that's something I guess. Most PS vendors are pretty savvy when it comes to that stuff, so just ensure that they send the relevant customs paperwork with the item. Paying duty and THEN trying to get a refund can be a real pill.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results